View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #36
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatMatt View Post
If I could offer my two cents, I'd say we should consider going with a single theme for DWP (if we're moving forward with it of course). Something genre related like horror or Sci-fi, like what Alterna's IF anthology does every year. It keeps things consistent and doesn't result in a whole mesh of random stories collected into a single anthology. Also, while I don't totally agree with the idea of a single letterers I think it would probably be a good idea to have a small select handful of letterers and colorists to avoid things from getting too muddled. Last thing, I think it would be best if it's distributed through Comixology and 100% digital. As great as it would be to see it on print, I feel this would help ease some of the financial burden.

Again, these are just my two cents on the matter. Like many artists here, I really want to see DWP return. Rob said it best, we all want to get published and see our work get recognition. I personally want something like DWP to succeed even if I don't get to be apart of it. Let's keep these ideas coming and hopefully we can come to some type of compromise that gets DWP back on print.
Here are my thoughts; going all digital is something anyone can do on their own by utilizing a website or forum. Also, even though ComiXology does eliminate printing costs, there's still quarterly accounting that someone has to do and I would pity the person that has to figure out how much each contributor gets and ultimately be the one filing taxes on said sales. There's just too many things going against it.