|04-10-2012, 07:16 AM||#1|
The man with no plan!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Sketch cards... the complete guide?
Hey, boys and girls!
I might have a chance on working on Sketch Cards with some Marvel characters. I was thinking of doing those mainly for exposure... so, I'm interested in knowing all I can about this sketch card thing.
How does the whole process works?
- The artist receives the cards, draws/paints the cards and send them back, right?
- You get to chose the characters?
- Is there any screening process by Marvel? If so, how tight is it?
- They sell the original cards or prints?
- Are deadlines 'comfortable'?
- Should you paint the card or penciled/inked cards are just fine?
- How's payment? What's the usual rates (I assume the company producing the cards sets them)? You only get payed by approved card, right?
- You get some Artist Proof Cards... what's that for? Commissions?
- Any advice on materials? Inks, paints, markers, ...?
- It's been worthwhile for you?
- Any advice...?
Thanks for your time!! I guess this can also be useful for future generations...