The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #16
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Nice work indeed Sir Oz....and I never thought the Black Knight was lame. Always though his armor was slick. Nice job. J.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #17
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

OZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong
Nice Work Oz!
Thank you kindly. I've been plugging away lately and hopefully getting a bit more consistent in my quality of work. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Copland
Great stuff, man!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexner3
Gasp! How dare you, sir! The Black Knight is NOT lame! You did an incredible job on that one and all the rest of these as well. I'm in full agreement regarding the WW redesign. That's great work.

If you still have the BK piece, I'd be interested in buying it. PM me?
Did I say lame? I meant horribly mistreated by bad nineties writers.
Thx for the kind words, I still have it so consider yourself PM'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoipham
this stuff is rad, oz. especially that hulk v holocaust. good stuff.
He... likes my work... 'sniff'

Quote:
Originally Posted by j giar
Nice work indeed Sir Oz....and I never thought the Black Knight was lame. Always though his armor was slick. Nice job. J.
I agree, his mid nineties suit with the huge shoulder pads was cool and then of course once you get somebody like Marko doing covers of him... Well, at that point he's cooler than Batman. Thanks again!

"Critics are the people that come down from the mountain after the battle to shoot the wounded."
OZ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #18
ditchman
pixel pusher

ditchman will become famous soon enough

this is all good stuff, the only thing that bothers me is the tiny gladiators helmet at WW's feet - looks like she just KO'd a child
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

OZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really niceOZ! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchman
this is all good stuff, the only thing that bothers me is the tiny gladiators helmet at WW's feet - looks like she just KO'd a child

HA! You're right! I didn't even notice that! Maybe she was fighting angry warrior midgets!

"Critics are the people that come down from the mountain after the battle to shoot the wounded."
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #20
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

Here's a sketch of Deadpool I did for fun as a warm up to a short story I want to do if I get the time(cartooned is way easier to do than my normal comic style)

Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Some very cool images.
Love the body language/poses in the Hulk/Herc pic.
All solid, fun images.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #22
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

Thank you Sevans! Here's some more one-a-day garbage from me for that last bunch of days.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #23
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

The "Care-Bear" picture is one I did for my wife... She's Scary-Bear and Death-Bear... She's so cute.

I did this after I saw the sketch challenge over at TenTon...

This one too, although since I know nothing about the character the pic came out really strange...

I'm gonna paint this one. Keep your eyes pealed.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #24
badapple
Aiming For Perfection

badapple is a jewel in the roughbadapple is a jewel in the roughbadapple is a jewel in the roughbadapple is a jewel in the rough

OZ, good to see your stuff again man!!! Kick Ass Stuff if I may say
badapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #25
ditchman
pixel pusher

ditchman will become famous soon enough

more good stuff, I like the last one, but can't figure out what's going on under the bird, I think colours will help.
Doctor Doom is my favourite though
Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #26
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

Thanks guys.

The monster has a heart in his hand with a bite taken out of it(I plan to get some more ref before I finish it) and the bird has landed on one of his fingers(pinky.) I'm glad you liked Doom. I find him excruciatingly hard to make look right.

Thanks again you two.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

More...
Ares

Franky-Stein

And the Haunt! I wish I had posted this in time. I missed out by an hour because I didn't get home in time to scan it.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #28
OZ!
All Powerful Wizard

These are commissions I did for a friend's auto/custom car shop that he took to SEMA with him. I had never done a technical render much less a full on finished painted piece so this was new for me.

And here is something a bit more my speed I did for the same crew.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #29
j giar
Has nothing to add.

j giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud ofj giar has much to be proud of

Slick stuff...loved the Spongebob pieces.
Panel continuity and storytelling should be the primary objective of all GOOD comic book art.
j giar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #30
sampson77
The Constant Student

sampson77 will become famous soon enoughsampson77 will become famous soon enough

Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor, but I thought that Punisher/Mickey Mouse was hilarious.
sampson77 is offline   Reply With Quote