Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 04-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
joqn

joqn is on a distinguished road

Writer looking for artist ongoing collaborating (newbies welcome)

Hi, Iím looking to work with an artist who is also starting out. Particularly, Iíd love to work with someone longer term and with someone who is equally interested in developing themselves as creators. I believe writing for a specific artist would be the best way to improve as a comics writer, as it is after all a collaborative medium.

I began writing scripts for a few years as a teenager and even had a few pieces drawn by artists, but then it fell away (I got other interests) but recently came back to having writing ideas and have found scripting comics still comes far easier than anything else.

Iím also looking to produce scripts (in terms of length, genre, etc) looking ahead to making submissions in the future. Nothing too long right nowÖ 3 or 5 page shorts, single issues and mini series for now.

In terms of style, Iím really not interested or have the capacity to write straight superhero or action stuff. That also applies to any vampire, monster, Ďhorrorí or sci-fi if itís played straight. It has to be either darker or with some kind of twist. Iím trying to avoid the cliches. Iím going for unique ideas and then incorporating good characterisation. My favourite titles (growing up and now) were things like Watchmen, Hellblazer, Preacher, Spawn, and others.

You can find a draft of a short script of mine on the writerís showcase here: http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...d.php?t=181197 (one of the first since being back at it). Itís no Ďbig ideaí, but rather an exercise panel descriptions, describing action and effective use of sound effects.

If you are interested in working together, my email is jq.wynn@mail.com (my name is Jon btw) or PM on this site.

Thanks
joqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread