The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 02-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Smile My Geisha Wife: colored wash

I borrowed my daughter's colored markers (cheap ones) and tried them on this promo piece for the project I've created for and my wife as the main character. I'm mostly a water color person but I thought this was not so bad. I hope you like it.

Medium: ink on paper, colored markers and colored pencils

pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Looks pretty nice to me, Dario. I still love seeing hand-colored stuff over digitally colored stuff. It’s less slick and definitely conveys more of the artists’ sensibilities, IMHO.
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

cheap or expenisve, they worked. I like it.

If that's your wife, which one of the creatures is you?

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Very nice. Reminds me of a piece Frazetta did in gouache of a similar theme. (Tho very diff composition etc)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
kris_sangari

kris_sangari is on a distinguished road

very nice. give us more
kris_sangari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchris50 View Post
Looks pretty nice to me, Dario. I still love seeing hand-colored stuff over digitally colored stuff. Itís less slick and definitely conveys more of the artistsí sensibilities, IMHO.
I agree completely Jeff. I'm old school as always except there are ways to do something without the cumbersome of having all the supplies with you i.e. water color pallette, water and brushes to name a few. Doing it digitally has it's advantage. I'm still dreaming of working digitally. One of these days...
Old 02-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
cheap or expenisve, they worked. I like it.

If that's your wife, which one of the creatures is you?
Thanks sevans. Exactly, I agree more. It's rip-off of copic pens but it still do the work. My character in the book died, the first one she killed as assassin but I put back myself as another character who will help her in the adventure.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Very nice. Reminds me of a piece Frazetta did in gouache of a similar theme. (Tho very diff composition etc)
Thanks Tim. It's a good feeling of creating and playing around with different media. Ooooh Frazetta! I'd like to see that piece.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_sangari View Post
very nice. give us more
Kris, many thanks. I'll definitely show more once I have something done.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #10
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

oooohh..I remember when my wife loved me and my art. I would love to do something like this as well..but my wife hates me AND my art. you are a lucky guy to get to do what you love and share it with the woman you love..

very nice art there. where can we read this stuff?

rob
Old 02-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #11
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Jeez Rob....don't bring me down. Hahaha

And yes, I too am curious about this story.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #12
darthfurby

darthfurby is on a distinguished road

For some reason it reminds me of Frank Miller's Ronin, but with a female lead. Thumbs up! Your wife is very pretty.
darthfurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #13
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Old 02-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #14
TimR

Face in profile.. Red kimono with similar print pattern... showing some leg... Cuts off below knee... Central, vertical figure... Framed by vertical elements in bg on either side... Yet completely different too.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #15
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, Dario.