Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 02-21-2018, 05:48 AM   #16
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
oooohh..I remember when my wife loved me and my art. I would love to do something like this as well..but my wife hates me AND my art. you are a lucky guy to get to do what you love and share it with the woman you love..

very nice art there. where can we read this stuff?

rob
If my wife hates me and my art, she's not gonna get into my comics haha. Just kiddin' We've been married for more than 30 years now and I should have her comics done earlier, that's my regret. It's still in the early stage and I'm still working on the plots but I showed her the prelim layout and she loves it. A work in progress so it'll not be ready soon to show it here. Thanks for the praise and anticipation, Rob!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #17
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Jeez Rob....don't bring me down. Hahaha

And yes, I too am curious about this story.
I too am eager to get going with this project as you guys, but things get in the way like priorities. I just had our very first grandchild so it will be tough to squeeze it in between activities. My other plan is to do a short pilot first for online reading or doing it as an illustrated digest of the back story first. So many things that come into mind to get around to it to get started.

My apology if I don't want to disclose the story yet, but it's a fantasy- adventure with lots of actions and lovable characters. Once I have a few pages done I would have the honor to showcase it here.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:07 AM   #18
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfurby View Post
For some reason it reminds me of Frank Miller's Ronin, but with a female lead. Thumbs up! Your wife is very pretty.
I have seen Miller's Ronin back then and I might have a copy and it's correct it has a female lead like mine. Thanks and I'm glad you like my wife's character. Of course, she's a beauty and I made her sexier and could take care of herself as a geisha assassin in the book.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 AM   #19
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Face in profile.. Red kimono with similar print pattern... showing some leg... Cuts off below knee... Central, vertical figure... Framed by vertical elements in bg on either side... Yet completely different too.
Thanks Tim! That's a really good looking geisha art. Frazetta, of course!

Well, one thing that I added on my character is a touch of my real wife's likes in choice of colors: red or orange colors. She likes them a lot, so it's the first thing that I added to build up her character. I even have a friend tried out using green color on her kimono but it doesn't have that strength as the red. For the book for sure she'll be wearing lots of red colors or black colored dresses. It's a good contrast to bring out her skin color.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #20
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
Oh yeah, Dario.
Thanks Scribbly!! Glad you dig it!
Old 02-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #21
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Just to let you guys know that I have the previous show case of some sketches at my forum here: http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...d.php?t=177985
Old 02-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #22
salvador raga

salvador raga has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador raga has a spectacular aura about

Nice

Great work Dario!
salvador raga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #23
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvador raga View Post
Great work Dario!
Hey Sal, my friend. Thanks very much for the praise and your take on my Geisha wife digital coloring. I loved the flatting and color combination. the composites on the kimono and the background textures are really cool. This was the first try I asked Sal to do a green kimono for my character study and it worked pretty well. This will be used in the book with just minor modifications. Overall, this piece was greatly rendered Sal.

Here's Sal's colors on the piece.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #24
ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix has a spectacular aura aboutld-airgrafix has a spectacular aura about

Whats there to say, that hasnt been already said, about your art. Brilliant as usual.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #25
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld-airgrafix View Post
Whats there to say, that hasnt been already said, about your art. Brilliant as usual.
Thanks so much Id-a!!