Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 11-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Green Lantern!

Anyone read the new book, Liam Sharp....book is weird, but one panel made me think, how would I have done it......Lantern has just powered up his ring......

feedback please

cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

i like your version better. you need to clean up some of the lines tho.
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

On both versions the right arm is longer than the left arm. And there's something that doesn't look right with the neck/trap area on your version but I don't know what it is..maybe something is off center. Personally I think your version is better..yours has more of that iconic heroicness to it while the other just seems blankly posed. I'm not really a fan of his artwork even though I guess I should be but he seems to do the same poses over and over and it turns me off to his work entirely.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Danny, thanks for the considered crit, I think I see what you mean about the neck area, the head looks detached....I was overly concerned about the angle of the head, so tough.......will also adjust the arm, and call this one done....

thanks!
Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
artsnake

artsnake is on a distinguished road

oh yeah I think it looks way better.
good work on the weight distribution on the legs and the head shows your care and attention.
I think over all you captured the three dimensionality of the pose better.
artsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #6
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Thanks artsnake!

Here's the adjusted pic, think Im stopping here, the feedback was helpful as always!

Old 11-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I definitely prefer yours. Much more dynamic and heroic. The original has an issue with Liefeld Legs. They are way too long...
Old 11-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

To be fair to Liam, his pic is 1/8 th of the page, mine is a full 11x17....more room for details

but more importantly, Liam did a whole page, I'm sure, in the time it took me to do one illustration. He's strong, but under the weight of deadlines, everyone's work suffers.....

I wasnt trying to out do him, I just wanted a more powerful and engaged pose.

But thanks all for the feed back !! Hearing you out definitely contributes to stronger pieces.....
Old 12-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #9
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Very nice pose. You really showed how a slight variation can really improve on something, even from one of the pros. I feel the stretching of the human body more in yours, as well as more emotion coming across. Very interesting post.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Hey thanks Saul, I plan on posting more like this, it's an excellent way to help focus rather than a random sketch.....I try to draw with purpose every time I put pencil to paper, or stylus to tablet as is more often the case.....