Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #46
JoieSimmons
Son of A Biscuit.

JoieSimmons has a spectacular aura aboutJoieSimmons has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=eDuke;1878689]@Joie -- what's IFTTT?

IFTTT.com is a site that lets you set up "recipes" where if you have a blog, every time you make a blog post, it makes a twitter post, a facebook post, an Instagram post, reddit, wherever you have an account. One post can go across all of your social accounts.

And do you have a comic-sized, high-resolution ad? Those of us who self publish would (should) be happy to put a DW ad in the back of their books.
http://stupendodog.blogspot.com/
JoieSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #47
JoieSimmons
Son of A Biscuit.

JoieSimmons has a spectacular aura aboutJoieSimmons has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
I think I'm just going to publish the strips manually. I know html decent enough so it'll just be easier for me to create web pages as I need them instead of learning Wordpress.

So what I'm going to do is talk this over with a buddy of mine and flesh out some sort of story which other creators can just continue if they want. It'll be themed and anthology style so different segments can be placed together wherever. This will avoid any delays if a team drops the ball.

More details as they unfold...
Make a Choose Your Own Adventure Comic. Write one comic and give people the chance to start there. Write their own part 2. Once the other parts are done, people can write their own continuations of the new parts, or keep going from what they've already done. One part one that branches off like a tree. Anyone can do whatever they want with it.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #48
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

^This is a damn fine idea.^
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #49
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoieSimmons View Post
Make a Choose Your Own Adventure Comic. Write one comic and give people the chance to start there. Write their own part 2. Once the other parts are done, people can write their own continuations of the new parts, or keep going from what they've already done. One part one that branches off like a tree. Anyone can do whatever they want with it.
if I may chime in on THAT Idea, for anyone that remembers the group projects we did, the first xmen book was set up that way. and while it DID produce some neat ideas and concepts, by the end, the story had gone off in all kinds of crazy ways that made it more and more difficult to keep track of and make sense of.

that's why the hellboy format worked, there was a basic concept that everyone needed to adhere to but gave plenty of freedom to do almost whatever they wanted.

so...just saying that the idea, if im understanding correctly, of having a continuing story that people just add whatever they want and then the following guy adds whatever and the next guy adds whatever could potentially turn into a nonsensical mess. SOME structure was/in needed.

my 2 cents.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #50
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Right. You're correct, but... you are missing something.

The idea is Choose Your Own Adventure.

The guy in front of me could have written something about Cable rescuing Storm, but what I really want to write, was something a guy four stories earlier wrote. When he introduced Deadpool. As the next guy in line, I can back to any point in the story and tell a branching story.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #51
NatMatt
Are we having fun yet?

NatMatt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoieSimmons View Post
I'd be down for that. I wasn't around when the Hellboy comic or other projects were made but I think it's great to do something in a similar vein with original stories. My only gripe with that idea was mentioned by Rob. The story may become to convoluted or nonsensical with all of those different creators jumping in. It's like the phrase "too many captains sink the ship". If possible, maybe the continuations should be pitched in advance to everyone who's apart of it before they're written/drawn so everyone's atleast on the same page as to the direction of the story. I don't know, if anyone has a better idea on how to structure this idea please voice your opinion because I think this is a pretty good idea to consider.
NatMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #52
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
Right. You're correct, but... you are missing something.

The idea is Choose Your Own Adventure.

The guy in front of me could have written something about Cable rescuing Storm, but what I really want to write, was something a guy four stories earlier wrote. When he introduced Deadpool. As the next guy in line, I can back to any point in the story and tell a branching story.
right.. but I think my point still stands. choose your own adventure or not, it seems to me like it will go off in all kinds of directions that wont make any sense and a reader might pick it up and go WTF and then set it back down.
that's all im saying.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:28 AM   #53
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

I am up for self conclusive short stories, 3 to 8 pages long as much.
Something that can be manageable for the authors in a short term.
No trademark, copyrighted, nor famous "big four" characters, please.

All we need is a given genre and a given take on it. Then, start working on it.
Example:
Westerns and Magic.
or Medieval and Horror.
or Superheroes and Mythology.
or Detective and Supernatural.
or War and UFOs. etc. You name it.
With these stories together we can make an anthology that can be published on TBD format
under the DW banner of course.
That's all folks!!

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #54
JoieSimmons
Son of A Biscuit.

If you think of each chapter as more of a showcase of the writer, artist and letterer, colorist, the overall story doesn't matter. Just the fun of a starting point and going from there. Any "chapter" can be a starting point for any sort of story. The point of DW is to showcase what we can do and who we are. Make something good within those loose limits and you're good to go. Hell, take a chapter, kill the entire universe in panel 1 and go from there. Doesn't matter. It's your chapter, do whatever you want. Those pages are your showcase.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #55
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just going to wait and see what you guys come up with as I'm still not a big fan of continuity by branching out as what mentioned here. I'd like to see a story done in one sitting be it a series of episodes and then move on to the next and so forth. I also think the benefit to the team (creator) by selling the stories as e-comics in the future.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 PM   #56
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I think (myself) that a bunch a short self contained stories are better than a random sprawling epic. Think of all the short stories in Magazines like Heavy Metal.

Maybe a common theme or setting for each bunch.
So writers can get on board with artists and inkers etc.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #57
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I think (myself) that a bunch a short self contained stories are better than a random sprawling epic. Think of all the short stories in Magazines like Heavy Metal.

Maybe a common theme or setting for each bunch.
So writers can get on board with artists and inkers etc.
this I agree with
Old 02-03-2019, 06:53 PM   #58
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I agree with Rob.

Hahaha

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
Old 02-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #59
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I agree with Rob.

Hahaha
I agree with Sevans
Old 02-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #60
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

No one else does.

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz