The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Lettering Showcase

Old 05-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #31
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

A couple of Captain America "Hail Hydra" related memes I whipped up this week to take part in poking at the controversy... Realized after the fact that they are actually also word balloon & lettering examples, so just dropping them in my thread here too!

(FYI, the smaller word balloon on the left in the Captain America meme is the original one from the comic... not me... everything else is my lettering in both memes.)
Old 06-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #32
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Dropping this in here too... because it has some mostly traditional word-ballooning, and I don't always have that to show off in here...

Old 08-01-2016, 03:24 AM   #33
Stewart Vernon

I don't yet know what kind of parody work I'm going to do with this... but I have it in the "bank" now for whenever I decide to do it... My recreation of the Pokemon Go logo design.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #34
DJA

DJA will become famous soon enoughDJA will become famous soon enough

Good stuff SVJ. You still doing "SECTS"?
DJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
Stewart Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
Good stuff SVJ. You still doing "SECTS"?
Thanks. Yep, still on 'Sects... Almost every day. I've skipped a few days here and there (like this past Sunday for example) but usually M-F and Sunday most weeks. I need to work on today's episode in a bit actually.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:58 AM   #36
Stewart Vernon

Another upcoming 'Sects parody will feature a thing that will make reference to Quantum Leap... so here we go with another logo/title recreation and accompanying Quantum Flea parody version

Old 12-23-2016, 12:40 AM   #37
Stewart Vernon

From a recent funny thing I drew... I recreated the Frozen logo. Here's a colored/shaded look and one with just the outlines.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 PM   #38
Stewart Vernon

Playing around with logo recreations and parodies again... First the real Cheers logo:

And my slightly rude parody version:

Old 04-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #39
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

excellent stuff
cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #40
Stewart Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
excellent stuff
Thank you! I have fun with logo/lettering work... especially with parodies.