The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Writer Showcase

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #181
sljinks

sljinks is on a distinguished road

Cold today....7 degrees tonight....I liked that movie 30 days of night....not the creators....no. How about werewolves attacking a desolate town....Alaska....how about a guy in an isolated antarctic base is a werewolf, and everyone is turning into werewolves? Just having some fun....last thing I do with this....if I can edit on Wikipedia again....screw Spawn .....just want to let that tool wdir or whatever the fuck his or her name is have it....just lay into that fucker ...than he can edit it....whatever the fuck....down today....stomach....i got that emptiness today....feels like your heart is in your stomach....Like your soul hurts....how can your soul hurt?....just melancholy today. ....heat not working great....It's weird when you see that steam breath coming out of your mouth in the house. ....I was thinking of another idea....the island of Doctor Moreau creatures continue on....later .....their sons and daughters leave the island.....they are now a separate race of people like mutants....they increase in numbers.....start out mostly like servants, .....when they begin to flurish and blend into society....it causes waves.....some group together.....to fight humans....these "Lost Souls".....then like in all superhero stories there's a hero team.....it's limitless....the characters you can use....and no one could say....hey, that's a Marvel, or D.C character....squak, squak, squak.....it's public domain....island of Doctor Moreau .....H.G Wells.....I was just thinking of a man covered with black bat skin.....growing and covering him.....wings sprout out....not H.G WELLS.....just something in my mind....shiny black skin.....he would have to add metal fangs and claws, and red contacts for night vision. .....zombie strain in a human colonized planet? This would be a cool movie remake.....ever the see black & white sci-fi flick....TWENTY MILLION MILES TO EARTH?....now....there are more than one YMIR....and they eat people. ....that sounds scary....just having some fun on a dreary night....hey....keep my wolf pack idea going....need a character or title. ....610 570 8228.....hey, I'm old as shit.....how long have I got?....forget fame, and fortune....just have some fun would be great....why be the lone wolf in the woods fighting for survival?....get the whole team together.....anyway....I always admire those families. ....often foreign people who come to America....the whole family runs a Dunking donuts , restaurant, store.... whatever....mother, father, siblings, in laws.....other families....fall out of the nest like baby birds, some make it, some don't.....just....artist/s, writer, inker, color guy....become like a company....if the writer will share royalties....if the artist can get by the....he did all the work thing(an idea....two illustrators on team), then you make a comic book....you can send it to image, or other independents excepting submissions.....if Dark Horse got rid of that submission agreement.....go there.....o.k....time to give my diabetic cat his shot....guy likes Italian food....true diabetic....I'm not an ass, but once in a great while I give him a noodle or two....with sauce for him to lick.....freaking Egmo.....
slj
Old 01-10-2017, 04:37 AM   #182
sljinks

I made.... a remark about the 30th days of night team....Templesmith....I don't remember annoying me....s.n....I wrote a few times to crickets.....the other guy....I wrote another guy....n.j....crickets...
But the other guy in fairness I don't remember.....I get Frank Miller, or Alan Moore....it's like trying to contact AL Pacino if your an actor or Mick Jagger if your trying to get into the music industry....superstars....I got a letter from Stan Lee eons ago.....that would be a stretch to contact him now....you would literally have to hunt Steve ditko down....with bloodhounds.....but the rest (in fairness, I don't remember if I tried to contact the other dude).....like I described.....the debutantes....the bells of the ball....the princess in the tower....no long hair to climb up.....they have to be perused. ......oh how manly! Puuuuuuke......I always see this one jackasses face....from .....let's call the company....big pig.....for arguments sake.....you can never contact him.....like a primadonna.....gag-puuuuuuke.....his pal that went to D.C.....same thing. D.C.....those aren't artists.....they are company men.....D.C sais something....it's like the tablets created by God for Moses. One tool....it rhimes with....bibio....I call his English secretary a million times.....in the old days in NYC....she gave me a lot of shit.....she must have been on break....he picks up....he acts like he's not "Bibiio"....and tells me Bibio is at a meeting....i get it....you can't have a million people calling you at your office....fans/aspiring artists....they put those pit bulls in place.....but, a guy tries to think outside the box, persistence things you think people would admire.....nope...."Yeah, he's out at a meeting ".....i called there a million times, only that lady picked up....he got his start in television. ....I imagine someone gave him a chance once....when he was nobody, that first day he came home and told his wife he got the big job ....the thrill, but a chance for another poor shmo....nope....the other guy got his chance with some big movie director or something....shitty d.c has built an empire off screwing people and their living family members out of multi millions, but they have a lawyer call me to tell me to stop bothering them....balls?.....I did get through a secretary once at Marvel.....left a heart felt, down to Earth message to the big guy there...not the Irish guy....I tried to get through his pit bull secretary(Irish guy, crickets. ...with the 68 extention)....the other guy, the guy who's name sounds like Beverly Hills cop....just a nice, heart felt message.....looking for a human....an actual human being.....nope.....like I said....or was starting to say.....when I was younger I thought these people would admire persistence. ....thinking outside the box, things of that nature.....nope.....it reminds me of Newark cargo vs Miami cargo....i use humor to cope with shit when I'm around people....in Newark they loved that....i could piss on one of my bosses shoe....."Jinks, your funny as hell....ha, ha!"....is what I would get....i coukd do no wrong there....in Miami....yikes....the more I joked, the more they hated me....it did not work....first week I'm there a guy from Elizabeth N.J who transferred like me .....a Spanish guy....said to me....giving me advice...."No one here is your friend, trust no one....not even me"....I thought....o.k (sarcastically)....thanked him, and found out he was dead on....yeah, I had a few normal friends .....but that place was fucked, and uptight.....yeah ...d.c and marvel big shots. .....that's the word....."uptight"...."indifferent".....company men....forgot were they came from....wow, did I forget about t.m?....sitting here in the cold....no cable, or dvds working....ball sack, shit storm , train wreck life...worse, shit life for the reminance of what was my family....no....I haven't forgot....people, even friends and family members have falling outs over hundreds, or thousands of dollars....millions?....hundreds of millions....sure....his creative design....his idea to make it a superhero....his business sense....yeah....I just don't think SGT SATAN, DEMON MAN, OR DARK DUDE....we're going to take off....he simplified it with just "Spawn" ....guy is a genius though....self taught artist.... don't start....many genius people in comics.....80+ years....no teens ever created Wolverine or Batman, or the Fantastic Four....being called away.....Scott

Last edited by sljinks; 01-10-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #183
sljinks

I saw a cool movie....Passengers....when you watch or hear, talent....artistic and talented people....you do feel humbled....like they are gifts from God....also, we are created in the image of God, and he is obviously artistic....not forcing my belief on anyone, just...if you have some scientific thought against God ....o.k....not just the old rigamarole....with no respect...."Oh its like a fairy tale"....thanks for that respect....yet Einstein beleived in him, not the Bible...o.k(I disagree, but o.k)....but I have magicians and comedians telling me not to believe....I understand Steven Hawking saying it....I still don't care, but at least he is a scientist....but gifts....they are like gifts, maybe they should be selfish and spoiled....I just don't feel like these people tonight. ....that's o.k....i feel like Chumbawumba....a one hit wonder, like a lotto winner they got some notes in the right order, had a catchy tune....boom....this could be me, 31 years ....I don't know if I have talent....no violins....just, that's along time....but I created and copyrighted my "Tubthumping"....this I'm sure of....in 1987....I did not have the idea of turning him into a hero, or the edgy idea of him coming from Hell....the character design is awesome.....but I think I contributed....no teen came up with this....80 years chock full of other geniuses proves that. I got a worse dilemma tonight....Elmo jr.....the original Elmo is still alive and in here right now, not Egmo....he's a different guy....I been feeding outside cat Elmo jr. For two and a half years....he's an outside guy....not sure where he hides at night. ....but he has always been spooked by me till lately....tonight for the second time ever, he let me pet him....now, he's sitting on the porch, done with his food just staring at the door....I got too many cats, I have not let him in....it's cold....he could still be sitting there....i got to decide what to do with him....but thought he will be o.k tonight, don't make a rash decision....his ear is clipped which means he was caught neutered "ouch"....and released....he has never been anyone's cat....so I got to feel guilty for tonight, unless I crack later and let him in....my dilemma....but....even if tonight I felt I been ragging on the pros to much, they should get more appreciation, and I'm just a guy who wasn't so great, just was dreaming....I'm disappointed....o.k....I don't know....but it still doesn't change how I feel about getting ripped off....tomorrow I'll be thinking of the Spanish guy who was so thick, so indifferent....he couldn't see any fault in himself, he seemed in on the project, than he was out, I explained this was the most hope I had in 30 years....how crushing it was, I got that "Oh well, what can I do " shit, then when I flipped out on him, I was crazy....or j.s (not Shooter) and the guy who told me "Don't send me any submissions, I might think of the same thing later"....and I'll start getting pissed off, damn, I'm pissed now....well, tonight I was moved by art, even if it was a blockbuster sci-fi flick....so many talented people came together to make it....I might check on that guy....Elmo jr. .....Scott
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #184
sljinks

Yeah...he's gone....cold rain....well, something I'm going to have to keep an eye on in coming days and weeks....he's been hanging around now more after his mortal enemy "Eggo" disappeared. ....back in June....I miss that guy, but hope someone brought him in....but he was rough....after a fight with Elmo jr. he came on the porch around Easter to get his food....leg bleeding....I threw some peroxide on it while he ate....he was a always beat up looking, but that leg didn't do him in....months later, he just disappeared. ....well, didn't check Wikipedia yet....blocks don't usually stay up long, but....I really stirred things up .....so they may make a more concentrated effort to keep me out....that one tool dmacks has me blocked....or....he or she isn't a tool....I got to raise the white flag....their doing their jobs....just day and night they are there. ....editing....you start thinking....get a fucking life....If I edit William Shatner has a 12 inch dong....or it never rains in Bismark North Dakota, or the hot dog was created in Frankfurt Germany in 1932, and was Hitler favorite snack....dudes will be there editing this stuff the minute I write it....EXTREME WT-FUCKING-F!!!!!....well....I haven't looked tonight....I got the Elmo jr. thing going on....anyway....before the net....I wouldn't be able to be heard at all....even if It means little....we're am I going?....if wiki guys block me .....like I told Jason. ....the time I had my name as Co creator on wikipedia....directing people to look at dw....I'll take a win(I'm sure a lot of people saw it)....move on....I thought of this, I'll think of something else....we're am I going?....if I live for 25 years (just ball parking how long my parents and grandparents lived....I think i got to 75....give or take a few years, but who knows?)....I'll bitch for 25 years. .....hey, for 24 years I thought it was a tough break, a coincidence....now....not.....that creating it as a teen thing set me off....it was like someone telegraphing their own bull shit.....EXTREME FUCKING BULLSHIT.....if I was a wiki editor, I think I would let it stay after reading that b.s.....slj
Old 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #185
sljinks

Well....I got about 7 1/2 hours of air time on Wikipedia today....I think it brought some people here today. I wrote on j.s's (not Shooter)bio to look here to see how he treats his fans. That was up for awhile. G.O.T G being a hit has been hard(I loved that movie)....I'm watching it, and I'm aggravated at one of the worst human beings I ever talked to, not just in comics, created most of its characters, that bag of assholes created the Nova guard or whatever it is(one of Star Lords creators....s.e....wasn't real great either)....then I started thinking, Disney takes some of his obscure characters, makes them part of this huge franchise. ....he doesn't get shit from it....so now I'm looking forward to G.O.T.G 2....I'll be watching it annoyed, and he'll be watching it annoyed....hee...hee....fuck you! (Just talking shit to cope, but I do feel sorry for the families )..why not find the silver lining....Never was a big fan of his villain....not because he's(j.s) a black head on a bums balls....no....just simply not crazy about it. Speaking of Marvel/Disney....I was thinking about Spawn today....now if you (T.M )thought of Spawn like a son....what's best for the character....now I'm thinking of Spawn too....might not get credit for his creation, or collect one thin dime from it....but I'm thinking of him as my character anyway....a stepson?....anyway if T.M thought of him as a son, the character....what would be best for him....what I think?...sell him to Marvel/Disney....I mean your great grand kids will still be rich off of the past 24 years....I'm thinking solely of the character....the image universe sucks.....he's trapped in a universe with awful supporting characters....heroes, villains....he's like cursed in a boring existence....now he's at Marvel....with all those heroes, villains, he could join a revamped Defenders, with a lot of Marvel's supernatural characters....I see Ghost Rider being his main ally....him fighting an endless assortment of Marvel villains....hero team ups. ....just because he would just get in there they should have a Spawn team up comic, a Spawn comic, and Spawn leading a new Defenders comic....at the least....now he's in the Marvel cinematic universe....t.m needs to stop with the thought of making movies were he's not even a superhero... .he's got that crap in his mind that senator from the 50's started .....the cornyfing (is that a word.... nope)of comics....before Stan Lee came along comics probably were not much different than a coloring book....I get his sentiment. ....it's like video games....they are state of the art....unless you were alive during ww2....you should not review video games as games simply for children....most people under 70 probably have a video game, that could be off....but...he's got to get over that....Spawn is an awesome, now classic superhero....let Marvel make this movie. ...they still give you royalties on comics, toys, merchandise. ....work some deal out were he stays apart of t.m toys....I mean if you went to Disney and made some proposal, why wouldn't they listen?....Image is a dead in the water....sorry, who cares about stinky, and twitch, and the assolator....violator....angela....or what the fuck ever....Ghost Rider, Doctor Doom, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and a billion other characters....this is what fans would want....I read him saying the movie would not be a superhero movie, and it would be a horror movie....i also read it would be like the departed?????give that poor character to Disney already, and sorry .....image as far as super heroes, and a superhero universe sucks....I'm glad the guy in charge is trying to bring in other types of material, but if he's doing it so people will not identify comics only with superheroes. ....I get that, but Superman probably was the first comic book that wasn't just a collection of old newspaper comic strips, or one of the first. ....your waiting your time....but I get the stigma that comics has....if only this was like Japan....icy roads kept us in....haven't seen Elmo jr.yet....well, I'm telling you what's best for Spawn....he's become like family to me as of late....have I mentioned Spawn a lot lately?....well I'm blocked again....emailed Image a billion times today....I was thinking today .....I should get a DARK SPAWN comic made....I copyrighted it....I mean that's my version....from 87"....get a few boxes of them and hand them out on the streets in NYC....AH, just crazy stuff....I think sometimes....I should erase some crazy stuff....screw it....I got the rest of my life to find ways to make a stink....wiki guys will shut me down one day....I'm not ragging on them today, their just doing their jobs....the guy came on after I left a snippy message on wiki/Spawn, because I new he was going to erase it anyway....I was wrong....you just get frustrated....even if I didn't make it I do wish I had better experiences with the pros, but they are human....that's it....I did say to one, in the end if someone like me doesn't make it....I was just a fan (j.s!!!!)....I wish comics has stayed like the NFL....we're I'm just a fan.....best idea I think I ever had d.c liked....they said they had it on file, when they never got back I thought, "Yeah....it's got some bugs"....when I went back(worked out the bugs)...they would not except submissions/unsolicited pitches, knowing it was fruitless to send anything in, I began to call....that was ugly....I said to one pit bull/secretary...."if you have it on file already it is not a submission, or unsolicited pitch"....it's like talking to a computer person on the phone....like 411, or some computer voice....but if someone treated them like this....indifferent....that, oh its just my job, nothing personal shit .....they would have a hemorrhage....called away.....slj

Last edited by sljinks; 01-12-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #186
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

I think I'm about to shut this down. Just so you know.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #187
sljinks

Steven,

O.k....you have been cool....I couldn't ask for more....I enjoyed talking with you. I kind of felt you didn't agree, but you were class, even showed compassion for a fellow human being....it is appreciated....I have had my say....I'm done....I appreciated all who have read, and commented....friend or foe....peace to them....as I said I'm done speaking. ....as always....I will request my encore like the other scripts ....you have always been good about leaving my encores up for a few weeks....just wish you weren't shutting me down till my powers back in my room....come on Steven!....well....if I'm bored I'll put on some scripts if still welcomed.....no comments, unless it's answering someone(no Spawn, or anti comics industry stuff)....wow, still....this is a weird day....take care everybody....Scott
Old 01-12-2017, 03:48 PM
JAQ
This message has been deleted by JAQ.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #188
JAQ
Jason A. Quest

JAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to beholdJAQ is a splendid one to behold

Maybe you could show the same kind of class and quit shitting on Wikipedia articles, Scott. And seriously: get professional help.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #189
sljinks

Dammit!....I just took my final bow!!!!. Look man, I took the first shot at you, and you have always, well....except the first post, been hostile....o.k....I take responsibility for that, I asked if just one time...civilly, you could debate me on my belief that I Co created Spawn, just think about some of the things I said.....this never happened(I have apologized a few times too) ....again, with the "I need professional help".... nothing new, I even believe your smarter than that....and it is beneath you to take shots at my illness....shit, I was just at my psychiatrists office today....he gave me a different medicine, and we talked about his trip to Africa....is he a quack?....no....far from it....will the pills help?....I doubt it(I have taken a billion different pills, starting I think in 2000)...there is no cure for my level of ocd(and meds won't even make it more manageable)....my bi polar 1 depression hasn't been bad....I still do get manic episodes....if I was having that lately....my mind would be racing, I would be talking fast, and a lot....my ex would tell me to shut up(she does deserve some empathy, what else can she do?)....I haven't noticed that a great deal of late....my illness doesn't really have delusions as a symptom , except if your on the wrong meds....because it is hard to treat ocd, and bi polar(a rare combo)....the ocd meds effect the bi polar and make you manic(not all ocd med do this). My ex picked me up from the psych ward once, we stayed the night in a hotel because the drive was far, in the morning I heard the show ....damn, ....yeah....Supernatural. ....the brothers were talking about demons posing as people....I thought they were giving me a heads up....from the t.v....it was the wrong meds creating a manic episode and delusion.....ocd?....delusions and conspiracy stuff are not a symptoms of my illness. ....I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic, I do not hear voices, or see things.....not at all....I'm not paranoid (this is what I believe based on my facts I have went over again, and again) Look, I took the first shot at you, so I'm keeping it civil....I meant that to be my last post. ....trying to give Steven, and DW respect. If me believing this, and speaking up is no class, and shitting on something....to you....that's what you believe. ....we obviously at this point won't see eye to eye....o.k....in short....for 24 years I thought this was a coincidence and tough break....when I read he created it at 16, something snapped....it's like he was telegraphing his own b.s....I believe he saw that submission to Marvel in 1988....I'm not God, I don't know 100%....it's my gut....you do what you do....I'll do what I do....if you shut me down completely(you will eventually)....bravo in advance....ill go as long as I can....then, I'll think of something else....good luck, sorry I did take that first shot....you were just doing your job....if we were face to face I wish we could shake hands.... but, please....don't come on here....I'm done....thanks again to anyone who was reading....it is appreciated....Scott....p.s.... HAPPY 2017!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #190
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

I had to be fair and give Scott his shot if he wanted to take it. He did. Now this is done.

Don't take it to another thread or forum, folks.

Thanks.
Closed Thread