The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > The Book Club

Old 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #211
Ingrid K. V. Hardy
Owner of a Rabid Horse

Ingrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant futureIngrid K. V. Hardy has a brilliant future

Thanks! I could only find her "Book of Fairy Tales" on Kobo, will check out the preview...

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
Ingrid K. V. Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #212
Luke Noonan

Luke Noonan is just really niceLuke Noonan is just really niceLuke Noonan is just really niceLuke Noonan is just really niceLuke Noonan is just really niceLuke Noonan is just really nice

I've never used Kobo, but seems they have quite a lot of her stuff: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/se...chfield=author
Luke Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #213
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

The Art of Ray Harryhausen.

Get it cheap from a local shop. Only just started. Leave it at work, for my lunch breaks.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #214
Scribbly
Easy reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Seduction of the innocent by Fredric Wertham.

I cannot understand how a whole country went for such bunch of nonsense. Blaming comics for juvenile delinquency, amongst other catastrophes, after making interviews on correctional facilities where comics were distribute as only way of entertainment amongst youth.
We may recon that the EC line of crime-horror comics went over the top, but all could been fixed by rating comics for adults vs comics for children as movies were always rated.
This book generated the collapse of the comics industry back in the day. Allowing only two publishers to survive by accepting the Comics Code conditions and by focussing their production on the publishing of Superheroes as main genre.
Scribbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #215
Ferretti

Ferretti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
Seduction of the innocent by Fredric Wertham
I find myself wondering how the entire medium would've changed had this craziness not happened. That book forever changed the entire way a medium of art developed. Nuts.

Right now I'm writing about quantum physics in the future so for research I'm reading Quantum Metaphysics by Anthony O. Neuron. It seems like pure pseudo science, but that's absolutely perfect for what I'm writing. It's given me so much to work off of. Loving it.

For pleasure I've been rereading all of Hellboy. I love everything about this series. Never had a book capture me so completely for a while.
Ferretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #216
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I just finished The Descent by Tim Johnston. It is an interesting look at how an 'all American family' is impacted when their college age daughter is kidnapped. It was a well written and interesting book.

Now, back into Mistborn by Sanderson...
Old 10-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #217
HaphazardJoy
BANGARANG!

HaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to behold

NK Jemesin's The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, Joe Hill's Locke & Key

http://www.last.fm/user/HaphazardJoy
http://www.shelfari.com/HaphazardJoy/shelf
HaphazardJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #218
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Locke & Key is pretty good.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #219
Sierra
Sierra Arts & Media

Sierra is on a distinguished road

I checked out Jane Eyre like a month ago, but actually reading it is more of a chore than I thought it would be. I wonder how many times a library will let you renew a book before they get sick of your bull....

Gothic Warrior Chronicles - Good vs. Evil, Love vs. Lust, and Vampires vs. Slayers.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #220
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

I just finished reading Under The Eagle by Simon Scarrow. The first in the novel series of the story of the Roman Legion that I borrowed from the library and several books of Roman history trying to research on important timelines. I'm into the Roman legion nowadays and couldn't get off it, it seems!

Next in line is the 2nd book, The Eagle's Conquest by same author already on loan. This author really can deliver good writing, story and characters.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:33 PM   #221
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

He-Man, the complete mini comics collection.
Over 1,000 pages of utter cheese.

Sooooo good and soooo bad at the same time.
And White Cloud Worlds (re-reading), a series of artbooks featuring nz artists. Awesome.