The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 06-18-2016, 05:25 AM   #31
ej404

ej404 will become famous soon enough

Your style is so Old School its like being in a time machine.
The likes of Jack Kirby would be proud
ej404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #32
The Spirit
Stranger

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej404 View Post
Your style is so Old School its like being in a time machine.
The likes of Jack Kirby would be proud
Thank You. I've tried to find my own voice artistically over the years. I'm always trying to make my work look more old school authentic. Almost every line I draw is informed by what I have learned from old Artists. I try not to look too much at modern stuff because it corrupts what I'm trying to do if I like it. Thanks for the Kirby comment. He is one of my greatest heroes.
The Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #33
The Spirit
Stranger

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
great retro art. the Thor pic has his left arm broken. Definitely got the silver age marvel style going there. so few people who draw marvel retro from that era forget to break the arms and legs in the drawings.
Thank You.
What do you mean break the arms and legs?
Old 06-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #34
The Spirit
Stranger

Hela Godess of Death

Old 06-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #35
The Spirit
Stranger

Old 06-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #36
Capo

Capo has a spectacular aura aboutCapo has a spectacular aura about

These are terrific! Perfectly captures the 60s Marvel sense of wonder, adventure and innocence! Also reminds how effortlessly iconic many of Kirby's designs were. That guy was tapping into some place that is to me, in some sense, as real as the 'real' world, but a good few rungs up stairway cooler! Also love the distressed paper and Ben-Day dots effects!

https://twitter.com/Michael_Anden

https://www.facebook.com/michael.anden.90

"I don't know what is true, only what I assume to be true."
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #37
The Spirit
Stranger

I really think that costume design today is overthought. Too many pouches and unnecessary accoutrements that just look gaudy. I love Kirby when it comes to costume design. I'm glad you like my drawings.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #38
The Spirit
Stranger

This one was a bear. I hated the anatomy on this one but I think I saved it in the inking. Less lines on the figure and he's yellow so it worked out.
Enjoy Steve Ditko's creation
THE CREEPER!!!

Old 06-20-2016, 12:56 AM   #39
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

These are awesome... probably the only person I can think of that regularly gives me the same kind of vibe is Mike Allred... and even he isn't truly rocking the classic 1960s/1970s vibe like you are.

I'd love to see some modern stories told with this kind of art.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #40
The Spirit
Stranger

Thanks again. Mike Allred is a big influence as well. My storytelling isn't very good. I haven't abandoned it but I just decided to be productive instead of laboring over pages I'm never gonna show anyone. Pinups are the best outlet for me right now.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:38 AM   #41
The Spirit
Stranger

OMAC

WIP
Old 06-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #42
The Spirit
Stranger

Finished
Old 06-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #43
dannycruz

dannycruz has disabled reputation

omac! that's great!
dannycruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #44
The Spirit
Stranger

Thanks. This one was a commission. But I really enjoyed doing it. I've never drawn OMAC before but I got so swept up in it I stayed up til 12:30 and then got up at 5 am this morning to finish it.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #45
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Omac looks great.