Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #11
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
Comics have evolved into a modern age main stream I think. Marvel Comics, DC and Dark Horse and other big names that came about have changed so much, that even Jim Lee's style now is different (my opinion). I think it's time that we follow and join the change. Maybe a new kind of DWP.
I'm probably the last guy on earth who would be good for this type of book. I'm just not a fan of new mainstream comics. I get that there are lots of people out there that love the ultra-realistic style of art we're seeing nowadays (and I'm not saying it's bad) but I lean more towards the stylistic type of art from older comics.

As far as DWP is concerned, I did a lot of thinking on this because I do want to bring it back, but I want to avoid all the bad experiences and financial burden I had with it in its first go. I love the idea of creator-owned and I believe everyone should focus on getting their ideas out there. Nowadays we're at a point where people can just post their creations online or do print-on-demand, I don't think there's a need for a collaborative anthology like DWP was.