Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 12-14-2018, 02:13 AM   #1
Rene A.

Rene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really nice

The Realm Ethereal Intro Teaser

Over the last year, I really took to creating art on my iPad Pro. As a result, I got more and more into painting on it. That lead to me creating and painting a variety of characters for the sake of, well, creating my own original characters. What I discovered is that I've really used all this time to create a stable of characters that have had time to sink into my head and what type of stories I could tell with them. So for a time, I stopped drawing comic books. Well, I have to say, I love comics too much and can never truly be away from them for too long! So I'm back, throwing more time and effort into this new thing I call The Realm Ethereal.

Here is the first ever "sequential art" associated with this new universe I'm working on. The attached image will give you a glimpse of the artwork in this teaser. That's because the actual artwork for this teaser is vertical scrolling type format. I was intrigued after seeing and reading a few Webtoons comics. While I enjoyed the process, I have to say working vertically in this format was somewhat of a pain in the arse! That being said, I do like how it turned out. I am planning on future installment pages of this online comic to formatted in the traditional print, comic book style.

Needless to say, here is the link to the kick-off of my Realm Ethereal teaser story. Sorry for the link, but the finished art is something like tens of thousands of pixels tall!