Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 01-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
CDog123

CDog123 is on a distinguished road

[paid] looking for a sequential artist for a comedic action adventure comic book (pos

Hey all,

My Name is Cory and I am a Stand-Up comedian and writer based in New York City. Here is what I am looking for:

THE JOB:
Iím seeking an artist for a 3 book mini-series (22 pages each). I need someone who can do everything - pencils, inks, color, and letters. Please keep in mind that includes character design. Page rate is $70 USD.

The first thing I want to do is to get five pages and a great cover done so I can pitch the series to publishers. Because of this Iím looking for someone who can potentially commit to this project for a longer period of time than would be required for three books.

*If I do get a publisher, then we can add an agreed upon percentage share. If I canít get a publisher, then this will be a Work for Hire deal and I will self publish. Either way, we will work out deadlines, and then finalize it all with a contract.

*I also may do a kickstarter campaign for each book, but we can work out payment for some extra artwork if that happens.

ABOUT THE PROJECT:
It is an action adventure comedy about an elite spy squad of nerds. Think Mission Impossible with the cast of Revenge of the Nerds set in a Rick and Morty type scifi universe. The tone is fun, and lighthearted, but with enough serious action to make it cool.There is a lot of humor.

STYLE:
Something in between a typical superhero comic book and a cartoon. It is a comedy so the characters should be somewhat exaggerated, but still somewhat realistic because it is also an action-adventure story for adults. Iím not looking for anything too far off the beaten path. I want the art to be accessible, and for people to enjoy it.

If I had to give a clearer picture by giving artist examples, I would say some kind of mix between Fiona Staples and Rob Guillory from Chew (yes, that is a wide range).

WORK FOR HIRE PROJECT:
Just to reiterate, this project will require signing a ďwork for hireĒ contract.
*If I get a publisher, weíll work out a percentage deal and sign a new contract.

PAYMENT:
This is paid/contracted work.
$70 per page
You will be paid for every 6 pages submitted.
Pay will be delivered within 48 hours of receiving completed artwork.
Pay will be made via Paypal only.
All finalized work must be submitted in a high resolution print ready TIFF file (exact format to be determined).

TO APPLY:
If you are interested, please email:

CoryJarvis@CoryJarvis.com

with the subject line "Artist submission" and the following information:
1-Your name and country.
2-JPG or PDF of at least 4 pages of your very BEST SEQUENTIAL SAMPLES.
3-A link to your website or deviantart page to see more of your artwork.
4-Character design samples.
5-Biography of your published work.
6-A sense of comedy and comedic timing would help

Any other information you can provide will be appreciated.

Applications without sequential art samples will not be considered.

If you have any questions about the story or job, please include them in your response.

*Finalists will be asked to do a rough test character design as part of the application process.

**I retain the right to have two revisions for each page of art before declaring it completed.

Artist Requirements
-Easy and constant access to internet and must respond quickly (within 24 hours) to any e-mails and be able to download reference photos and files.
-Available to work now and for upcoming months.
-Ability to meet deadlines
-Understands and speaks English fluently

MORE INFO ABOUT ME:
I am a Writer/Stand-Up Comedian. I have been featured on the Travel Channel, AXS TV, and Funny or Die. Iím a published writer, and recently finished a yearlong screenplay writing fellowship at the Hollywood Writers Guild.

My Website:
http://www.coryjarvis.com/media/

Here is a set I did on live TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hUt...nel=CoryJarvis

Good luck and thank you for your time!

Best,

Cory
CDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
CDog123

CDog123 is on a distinguished road

I have an artist

Thank you to everyone who applied! I found an artist and the books are underway.
CDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artist comic paid work, comedy, sequential art