The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Video Games

Old 03-31-2017, 12:11 PM   #46
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Korslund View Post
ha...yeah...i felt it was pretty easy to ignore all the side stuff on that opening planet (of course there barely was anything at that time), but I can see how you can get bogged down if they keep pummeling you with stuff. Side stuff in Fallout 4 was the most comfortable I've ever seen it...very casual, but persistent. It let you know it was there, but didnt beat you over the head with it.
Uh . . .

Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #47
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig View Post
Uh . . .

hahahaha, ok...yeah after that garbage...I was happy with it more towards middle to end.
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #48
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I never played Inquisition, and haven't enjoyed the last couple of Fallout games. To me the pinnacles of open world RPG's thus far have been GTA:V and Witcher 3. Those games made me a hermit for weeks until I eat the main stories.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #49
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I never played Inquisition, and haven't enjoyed the last couple of Fallout games. To me the pinnacles of open world RPG's thus far have been GTA:V and Witcher 3. Those games made me a hermit for weeks until I eat the main stories.
I mention Inquisition because Bioware said they were incorporating some of the ideas into Andromeda, and also because it's glaring when you actually play.

Inquisition has you go into large, open areas and occupy territory by establishing camps (forward stations) and closing fade rifts (rather than activating Remnant Vaults) to increase Inquisition control of the area (planet viability). (Only the PC can close rifts, just as only the PC can activate Remnant tech.) (Maybe architects are dragons?)

Of course, in Inquisition you can still control your damned party members! (Not crazy about not having any control over my squad.)

Witcher 3 comparisons aren't entirely fair. That game may have ruined RPGs.

(Be nice if new games at least go half the distance there though.)
Old 03-31-2017, 05:01 PM   #50
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Quote:
Witcher 3 comparisons aren't entirely fair. That game may have ruined RPGs.

(Be nice if new games at least go half the distance there though.)
True. Very true.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #51
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Im still trying to get into Witcher 3...I'll play a little, then put it down, then play a little then put it down. Its gorgeous and fun, but I cant seem to stick with it. Maybe I haven't committed to immersing myself into it yet.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #52
Bishop

I was the same way until I started focusing primarily on the story-related quests instead of the side quests. The story is excellent and really drew me in.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #53
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I was the same way until I started focusing primarily on the story-related quests instead of the side quests. The story is excellent and really drew me in.
A lot of the side quests are story quests though. Just not critical path.

Some of the best quests in the game are there too. Tower Full of Mice is one of my favorite bits in the game.

As far as Andromeda. Don't like that Ryder is defaulted to a lighthearted attitude. No matter what dialogue choices you pick, they're an easy-going joke-cracker.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #54
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Im less in love with some of the game mechanics really...like..not being able to swap weapons and armor at will...I hate that. No power wheel sucks too. Im surprised they put the weapon wheel in if they were slashing away at menus like that. And Im not a fan of the nomad, it was supposed to be so much better than the mako...not really. Granted it took me a while to figure out there were 2 modes...that frustrated me getting up that first hill lol.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #55
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Put a couple of upgrades on the Nomad. Can make a big difference.

I increased the boost strength and the top speed of 6-wheel drive. Made things a lot smoother.

Losing the power wheel doesn't bother me. With the Profiles you can get plenty of powers into the mix.

What I don't like is not being able to command the squad to use powers though.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #56
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Quote:
What I don't like is not being able to command the squad to use powers though.
Yeah, that's what drives me nuts...the loadout is fine, but not being able to use squad powers...not cool
Old 04-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #57
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Well, not their funniest one, but accurate:

Old 04-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #58
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

lol, tsk tsk
Old 04-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #59
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Well, finished this. Main story picked up a bit toward the end. The final mission had some excitement for a minute, then descended into more of the same.

Not happy with the game starting a few stories that are essentially 'to be continued.' The mystery of the new, unseen alien species you learn about in the second half of the game is fair game for being pushed off to a sequel, but some of the other stuff feels cut off for no good reason other than to drag you in for the next chapter. (And the end credits stinger is confusing in its pointlessness . . . unless I'm missing something.)

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Who is the Benefactor? Who killed Jien Garson? Why tell us Ryder's mom is alive to just leave that there?

And while throwing in the mystery of what happened to the Quarian Ark is fair because it is a teaser, what happens with all this other stuff now that this is thrown in the mix?

One or two of these might get addressed in DLC I imagine, but my guess is that story-wise we might be looking at
investigating what happened to the Quarian Ark
for DLC.