Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Those window views look awesome. 0:45
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #17
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

I hope co-op mode is cool. Save the universe with a partner, I always say.
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #18
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Korslund View Post
I hope co-op mode is cool. Save the universe with a partner, I always say.
Did they say they were doing that?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:27 AM   #19
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig View Post
Did they say they were doing that?
AFAIK, yes its in there. To what degree, I dunno.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #20
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Quote:
AFAIK, yes its in there. To what degree, I dunno.
You're sure they weren't talking about multi-player?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #21
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

hmm....no, i'm not sure to be honest. I'll have to fact check.

Edit: Ok, according to a Kotaku article its Multiplayer.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #22
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I've been playing the trial through EA Access over the weekend. I am a little disappointed. If the game has been called anything but Mass Effect I'd be enjoying the heck out of it, but the ME brand has set such a high bar I'm having a hard time appreciating it as much as I want to.

The character and facial animations (look like ME: 1 or 2) are disgustingly bad at points. However, those things don't really impact gameplay, but they do pull you out of the story with how screwy they are sometimes. The dialog is cringe worthy at points and solid at others. Odd oversights in the coding of the game come out too: you've discovered and scouted an area yet your squad will often give the same dialog every time you pass by as though they've never been there.

The ship, armor, weapon, and alien design is awesome just as in the past. The combat is fun, but repetitive, and the story is engaging so far. It's a slow burn like the others so it's hard to tell. The planet exploration is pretty fun. Lots of space to roam and explore. All in all, I'm still purchasing it in the hopes that it will be entertaining enough overall.

I do miss Commander Shephard, though.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #23
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Also, it doesn't help that I just played through Horizon: Zero Dawn. The animations, facial models in that game are fantastic.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #24
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I've been playing the trial through EA Access over the weekend. I am a little disappointed. If the game has been called anything but Mass Effect I'd be enjoying the heck out of it, but the ME brand has set such a high bar I'm having a hard time appreciating it as much as I want to.

The character and facial animations (look like ME: 1 or 2) are disgustingly bad at points. However, those things don't really impact gameplay, but they do pull you out of the story with how screwy they are sometimes. The dialog is cringe worthy at points and solid at others. Odd oversights in the coding of the game come out too: you've discovered and scouted an area yet your squad will often give the same dialog every time you pass by as though they've never been there.

The ship, armor, weapon, and alien design is awesome just as in the past. The combat is fun, but repetitive, and the story is engaging so far. It's a slow burn like the others so it's hard to tell. The planet exploration is pretty fun. Lots of space to roam and explore. All in all, I'm still purchasing it in the hopes that it will be entertaining enough overall.

I do miss Commander Shephard, though.

You're the third quasi negative review I've heard so far. As a matter of fact, you've pretty much said exactly what everyone else is saying. So far this really seems like a "wait til the price drops" game instead of a AAA rush right out and no life it.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #25
Bishop

Yeah. Again, if it wasn't called Mass Effect, I think it would be getting a much better reception.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #26
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Well, the reviews so far have been good, but sub-standard for a Mass Effect game.

Most of the complaints are things it seems could be leveled at all the previous games . . . but it is legitimate to consider a lack of improvement a problem, especially on a new generation of consoles.

It's not helping that I'll see one review saying the story and characters are great and the combat is clunky and annoying and another saying the combat is excellent and the story and characters are cringe-worthy. (I think maybe video games need their own version of film school maybe ) Honestly, that gives me the impression that people are disappointed, at least somewhat, on a gut level, but are grasping for the whys of it.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #27
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

It seems the major thing most people can agree on is that facial animations are terrible. Some of the models look like previous gen console stuff.
And nearly everyone said that if this was anything but Mass Effect it would be fine, but the game does not live up to the Mass Effect name.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #28
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Quote:
It seems the major thing most people can agree on is that facial animations are terrible. Some of the models look like previous gen console stuff.
I've tried not to look at too much stuff. What I have seen looks like it could be largely fixed with lighting and color.

I want to see them side-by-side with Inquisition though. (I know that was on the previous consoles too, so was limited, but people weren't laying into those. And I recall everyone being stiff and dead-eyed there too.)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #29
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

I picked it up. Playing the multi-player - horde mode! I love games with horde mode. Jetpack is awesome.

I'm newish to the PS4 and my tag is obi-beerdy-won
Old 03-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #30
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

mine is Korslund0, I'll probably be picking it up this weekend. Ive got a bunch of psn gift cards from my bday, so I'll be getting this for free