The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Movies and Television

Old 12-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #1
Arak-8

Arak-8 is on a distinguished road

Fave animes...

Just thought i'd relate something other than comic books,and believe it or not it's not the first time I did this at a message forum. So...here we go.

What exactly are anyone's fave animes? And I can imagine someone or two might actually say of course,Dragonball,or even Sailor Moon. Of course,i'm not trying to complain or make a bad rant on those,it's just I am more into underrated or even old school like say 80's or 90's and not today's anime that I for one am not really all that into.

However,feel free to announce your fave animes here and i'll even name out some I recently discovered over at youtube,that I for one that never knew existed.

My faves are some of these.
Teknoman,Tenchi Muyo,Lupin III.
Arak-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I prefer the older ones, haven't seen anything lately that I actually liked.

Classics for me, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Wicked City
Old 12-31-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
Arak-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I prefer the older ones, haven't seen anything lately that I actually liked.

Classics for me, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Wicked City
Heh,yeah I know what you mean about the 'lately'ones at that. And yes,those are all good choices,I have those in my collection at that,some VHS and some DVD.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #4
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Akira, of course, but I also really enjoyed the Giant Robo series. I need to re-watch those.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:52 AM   #5
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

That original GITS blew me away with its animation. But thats all these anime things ever do. “Wow” me with the artistry.
But The stories so often have this weird kinda pretentious vibe about them like they are all so deep and amazing. Some do i guess but i don’t really see it. Im also not one to watch a whole lot of stuff cause its not my thing.

Ninja Scroll however kicked all kinds of ass. Most amazing animation ever, only rivaled by GITS. But the violence, the sex, the music, the story. It all worked for me. And i only ever saw a few moments of follow up stuff and nothing came close. But like i said...this shit aint for me.

It also has had the added effect of ruining pretty much any and all animation based on american properties I would normally like. Not batman cartoon... no superman, no xmen..none of that shit even remotely interests me anymore cause the animation never holds a candle to what ive seen possible and now i cant care.
That JLA flick based on the darwin cook(?) books that everyone raved about? Dont care
Red hood? Dont care
Xmen evolution? Dont care

Basically all animation has been ruined. Cause it either looks amazing but the story line in pretentious anime crap or its american comic related stuff i might be interested in but its just so sub par visually by comparison i just cant get into it.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #6
Arak-8

Okay,if you might recall me saying old school and lost classics? Well,here's a list of really super-obscure anime movies straight from the 1980's that I for one never knew they even existed.

You'll find them all at your friendly YouTube website,while they're still there at that. And here they are.

NAYUTA
LOCKE THE SUPERMAN(name coincidence,lol.)
DEL POWER X
CALIFORNIA CRISIS(You have to get to see this one,it's so anime meets pop art.)
SCOOPERS(that's the name of the anime,not some seen on tv product,lol.)
BOBBY'S GIRL OVA(A sort of anime experimental movie or so i'm told.)
THE SAMURAI(This one's available,but it's a good one imo.)
THE ULTIMATE TEACHER
BAOH
And YOHKO:THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURE OF LEDA.

There are a few others i'd like to point out,but..they don't seem to be available on YT right now. So,i'd thought i'd share these rare gems with any fellow anime fans.

One can only hope that the ones I spoke of will get brought officially here to my country,the USA. Either way,happy hunting on YT and happy viewing!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Never got into anime, per se. But I do really like Robotech and the Miyazaki movies I've seen.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig View Post
Never got into anime, per se. But I do really like Robotech and the Miyazaki movies I've seen.
Most of Miyazaki’s stuff is amazing. Spirited Away just blows my mind with how amazing it is.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #9
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Miyazaki is great, but I can't re-watch them myself. They are very well made, but too serious or slow for me.

Ninja Scroll that was also awesome.
I have two newer ones that I love the artwork/look off, but the story is lacking abit.
Redline and Dead Leaves. Dead Leaves is absolutely bonkers.

I also like Batman Gotham Knight, but being an anthology a few of the stories feel weaker.

Just thought of one more.... the Animatrix. I actually like this more the the Matrix movies. A couple of the segments are brilliant.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post

Just thought of one more.... the Animatrix. I actually like this more the the Matrix movies. A couple of the segments are brilliant.
Oh yeah. The animatrix is great. Love them all. All good stuff
Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #11
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

My point of reference on anime is clearly dated (late 80s/early 90s) but some of the ones I was into:
Akira
Fist of the North Star
Bubblegum Crisis
Robot Carnival
Bean Bandit
Patlabor
Record of the Lodoss War
Gatchaman/G-Force
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 AM   #12
Angel
aggresively passive

Angel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to allAngel is a name known to all

Naruto Naruto Naruto

"Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon."
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote