The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 05-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
Olan

Olan is on a distinguished road

Olan sequential art pages

Hi, it's been a long time since I posted here. I just want to update you all of my current works. Some sequential samples that I worked on over the years.

Info regarding how I work:
I worked digital, means I don't do pencil or pen inking. I use computer to produced all the pages that I shown here, from draft to the final page.
I don't work for free, I have done that before and it's not worth it.
Olan is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Love the tone and atmosphere in the greyscale pages. Very cool.

Dislike - the car crash. Cars bend and compact and twist, not just flip over.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #3
PaulPennaWriter

PaulPennaWriter is on a distinguished road

Really awesome stuff, especially the latter samples. The first ones are good, but you can see how you have improved over time.

Quote:
Info regarding how I work:
I worked digital, means I don't do pencil or pen inking. I use computer to produced all the pages that I shown here, from draft to the final page.
I don't work for free, I have done that before and it's not worth it.
When you say you've worked for free, do you mean small press stuff? Or, projects which were back-end pay?

I'm a writer and I've done plenty of small press stuff, and while I would say that it was worth it, as it helps you to develop and improve, you do reach a point where you want to move onto paying work.

I'm still willing to do back-end pay stuff, but then as a writer, my process is less time consuming than an artist's work is.
PaulPennaWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Olan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Love the tone and atmosphere in the greyscale pages. Very cool.

Dislike - the car crash. Cars bend and compact and twist, not just flip over.
Thanks About the car crash, that was the writer describe it and I only have one panel for the crash.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Olan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPennaWriter View Post
Really awesome stuff, especially the latter samples. The first ones are good, but you can see how you have improved over time.

When you say you've worked for free, do you mean small press stuff? Or, projects which were back-end pay?

I'm a writer and I've done plenty of small press stuff, and while I would say that it was worth it, as it helps you to develop and improve, you do reach a point where you want to move onto paying work.

I'm still willing to do back-end pay stuff, but then as a writer, my process is less time consuming than an artist's work is.
Well I always get promises that it is to be circulated to editors and just hope they will like it, then we get 50/50. I worked with back end pay projects but it went nowhere.
It was with the paying clients that helps me develop and I was greatly improve. Because I knew that I'm not wasting my time, I got my energy to work and having a contract and a deadline helps me focus. I also get constant feedback and constructive criticism regarding my work. I can do projects with back end pay again as long as the projects will be publish successfully.