Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 12-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
SSTiger
sahithstiger@gmail.com

SSTiger will become famous soon enough

Colorist Wanted for an Ongoing Series ($250 + Potential Long Term Work)

Hello and thank you for your interest. This is an ambitious initiative, so please read the description fully before applying.

THE GIG:

Ongoing Series: NAHGA 2087 A.D (Sci-fi, Action, Drama)
Writer: Sahith S. Tiger
Artist: Noah Graham

I recently teamed up with an artist here at DW, and the two of us are developing an Ongoing Series together. We are currently putting the final touches on our Proposal and Pitch document for submission to publishers. Noah's handling penciling and inking, but we are seeking a colorist for the series.

ABOUT US:

My Journoportfolio
Noah's DA Portfolio

ABOUT THE SERIES:

You can see the first version of a preview script in the Writer Showcase here. It's since then gone through a couple of different drafts based on some great feedback by DW members, but this should give you an idea of the tone of the story we're doing.

You can also see sequential samples of Noah's earlier artwork (unrelated to our current series) in the Sequential Art Showcase here. The art style of our series is a bit different from this one, but this should give you some idea of what you'll be coloring on.

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:

Your first responsibility as colorist will be to color the 8-page preview and sample cover page we will be including as part of our submission in the Pitch Document.

I may hire more than one colorist for the preview itself, so that we can see how your colors gel with Noah's work and pick whichever gives us the best result.

Publishing companies expect the team that works in the Pitch Document to be the same team that does the series, so if we get the greenlight to go forward this will turn into an ongoing gig for a few years. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE FOR LONG TERM WORK.

PAYMENT DETAILS:

Payment: $250 for the 8-page preview and cover, $25-$40 per page if/when we move to ongoing publication. This rate is negotiable, but will depend on the quality of your work. If you are the next Laura Martin or Justin Ponsor just waiting to be discovered, this is your chance.

Payment Mode: I will give high preference to those who are willing to use freelancing or escrow websites, which will allow both you and me to handle payment, invoicing and keep my money in escrow for you while you work, so that this whole thing can happen smoothly without any hassle.

If that is impossible (you will need to explain to me why exactly you would turn down such easily-executed escrowed payments and invoicing, and the reason will have to be credible), payment will be made within one week of completion of job (delivering 600 DPI files in TIFF) via Paypal. You will need to do a proper invoice upon completion.

HOW TO APPLY:

NOTE: We'll ask you to do a test page, and you will need to sign an Agreement upon hiring.

Those who are interested, send an email to sahithstiger@gmail.com with the following details:
  • Put "COLORIST SUBMISSION" in the subject column.
  • Barebones details about yourself (who you are, how long you've been coloring, whether you ever colored a published book, etc.)
  • Links to your portfolio/page in DA/Artstation/any similar portfolio you use.
  • Mention whether you would be free to do an Ongoing Series if we are greenlit.
  • Attach AT LEAST SIX PAGES of sequential art that you have colored, and please be sure to include both the BEFORE and AFTER versions.
  • Your normal turnover time per page and how long it'd take you to do 8 pages and a cover
  • When you will be free to begin (inking will be finished by January).
  • Whether you are okay using a freelancing/escrow website for invoicing and payment, and if not, kindly mention why not.

Looking forward to hearing from and working with you.

Sample Script
Writer Portfolio

sahithstiger@gmail.com

Last edited by SSTiger; 12-20-2017 at 09:36 AM.
SSTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
SSTiger
sahithstiger@gmail.com

NOTE: Please read the whole post above and follow the instructions in the "HOW TO APPLY" section. I'm mentioning this because I'm getting emails that don't have the requested details, and most of them seem rushed, as if the senders prioritized being the first people to apply instead of following simple instructions.

I can't send emails back and forth to every person to clear up the details they missed, so be thorough in the details when you apply.

Sample Script
Writer Portfolio

sahithstiger@gmail.com
Old 01-05-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
SSTiger
sahithstiger@gmail.com

Applications are now closed. To everyone who was shortlisted for the Test Page - we'll be making a decision in about a week; we had to schedule a second Test for those who applied late, and with New Year and everything things are hectic. you can expect a final decision around the 12th.

Sample Script
Writer Portfolio

sahithstiger@gmail.com