The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Project Showcase

Old 10-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Fringe Kisses

I started this strip almost two months ago and run it on the weekends on my blog. It's meant to be quirky and random, the tone is all over the place depending on what pops into my head at the time.

Here's my logo I designed for the strip:

And here are a couple of my favorite ones from the series so far:

http://iesjv.wordpress.com/
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

A couple of recent winter-themed posts from this past weekend... I still like doing these as random weirdness whenever a stray thought pops into my head.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
Stewart Vernon

More randomness from recent weeks...

Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #4
Stewart Vernon

Something new from this weekend... an old idea from back when I was in college that I had sketched a few times but never formally made into anything.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 AM   #5
Stewart Vernon

Something from this weekend...

https://iesjv.wordpress.com/
Old 01-18-2015, 02:36 AM   #6
Stewart Vernon

This weekend's posts... partially inspired by thoughts of the upcoming Super Bowl!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:08 AM   #7
Stewart Vernon

One of my posts from this weekend...

Old 02-01-2015, 03:54 AM   #8
Stewart Vernon

I actually liked both of my cartoons this weekend... but here's the one I liked best.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:18 AM   #9
Stewart Vernon

Something new from this weekend... It spawned from watching the Geico commercial about Ickey Woods doing his Ickey Shuffle after his number (44) was called at the deli counter. I realized I was posting my 44th cartoon in this series, and then this happened:

Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 AM   #10
Stewart Vernon

Something that spilled over from Friday the 13th and into Valentine's Day from this weekend... and a good use of the Jason hockey mask I drew on Friday.

Cupid will get everyone eventually!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 AM   #11
Stewart Vernon

I like doing this strip, but I don't like feeling like I "have to" do this strip. As I expanded my other regular comic strip, this one felt more and more like I was just doing it because I said I would do it.

It was always going to be hit or miss... but it was supposed to be hit or miss out of weirdness, not out of apathy borne from obligation... and since I'm the boss, I decided to put this one on hiatus.

I might randomly do them IF they spontaneously pop into my head, but I'm not going to force them out. I'm having way too much fun with my other comic strip right now anyway and since expanding that one into a bigger Sunday edition, I'm better off giving that one my best material anyway.

Thanks for paying attention to this one, though... it may come back sporadically if I have some good thoughts. I originally thought a random strip with essentially no story or continuity would be easier than a daily strip with evolving characters... but it turns out those characters start to write themselves while the random strip is brand new every time. That's rough!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:23 AM   #12
Stewart Vernon

And it happened... I had some new random ideas, so I posted a new one earlier this morning. As long as I keep having ideas I'll probably post a new one each Saturday until it feels stale again.

This one was partly inspired by all the rainbows I kept seeing this week and a memory from long ago...Kermit's long search is finally over!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #13
Stewart Vernon

Forgot to post the new one here that I uploaded to the blog yesterday (Saturday)... A "Snakes on a Plane" riff that let me legitimately put Samuel L Jackson as a keyword!

Old 07-18-2015, 01:36 AM   #14
Stewart Vernon

Just posted this Saturday's cartoon... because I love Amy Schumer, and did so before it was "cool"... and the idea of this made me smile.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:14 AM   #15
Stewart Vernon

From the same mind that brought you the apostrophbee(TM) comes the next hair-brained idea...

The apostoupee(TM)!