The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 AM   #16
Scribbly
Easy reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

I really admire your work. I hope some day you would make a good deal with some important comic's Publisher and get this stuff published and distributed worldwide.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 PM   #17
JRXTIN

JRXTIN is on a distinguished road

Next up is a two page spread, which might go quickly. Then three more to wrap up issue one. I'm considering doing a Kickstarter to fund issue 2, or to bring new readers in. I've been told creators are getting new readers through their Kickstarter campaigns now. I'm going to look into it. I feel like it's a big longshot but, it could work? I'd feel much better if I had thousands of readers, but, I'm up to five Patrons now. That's five more than zero. I've got a little more free time now than before so I'm going to finish this issue as quick as I can and see if anything can be done with Kickstarter. I've got a small freelance job I don't plan on giving up, but it wouldn't take much to get me to where I could spend the rest of the week on XTIN. We'd all rather that happened than not happened, right? Any tips, comments, or suggestions are helpful and appreciated.

About this page - this is the inverse of what I drew, with a few tweaks to make it almost work. On it's own, the other version was better, but it didn't fit with page 16. Hmmm.

Storywise it's meant to be a little mysterious. In the first take on REINCARRION, the guru explains that the dragons manifest the ships. I haven't done that yet in the rewrite. I should know better by now, but I still think it's o.k. to throw out something cool and let it simmer away in the reader's mind for awhile.

If you read the first take on REINCARRION you recognize the silver dragon type (bottom). The other is the first appearance of the green dragon type. Silvers make the Nawa ships, Greens make the Tyrannophainen ships. I put some notes and sketches about the green types on my Patreon, at the $5 donation level, which you can sign up for here - https://www.patreon.com/user?u=512425 Remember, another angel gets its wings everytime a new Patron signs up. Every dog gets an extra year of life too. Spring comes a month earlier and the solar system gains a new planet, so what are you waiting for?

Scribbly - It's distributed worldwide now, what I need is a way to get people to look at it. I've been posting it around but so far it hasn't taken off. I need to try Instagram and Twitter.

Deviant Art
JRXTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:45 PM   #18
JRXTIN

Who doesn't love a good spaceship explosion? Boom!

Deviant Art
Old 03-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #19
JRXTIN

Deviant Art
Old 03-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #20
JRXTIN

Deviant Art
Old 03-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
JRXTIN

Deviant Art
Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #22
JRXTIN

Deviant Art
Old 04-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
JRXTIN

Deviant Art
Old 04-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #24
JRXTIN

Go to XTIN.NET for proper comic navigation.

Patreon - Link

Watch my sweet promotional trailer on YouTube - Link

Last page for the first issue. The update schedule will go back to a once or twice a month while I figure out what to do with Kickstarter. I've also got to do some minor clean up work on the pages, fixing little errors here and there, and come up with a rear cover image. I'm going to look into POD printing at least a couple books for myself, if not also as a KS award. I also need to consider whether my promo trailer can double as a Kickstarter video. I want to do some 3D for it, but that could turn into weeks of extra work that don't add any value to the Kickstarter.

Deviant Art
Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #25
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Is the meditating lady supposed to only have four fingers?
Old 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #26
JRXTIN

She's supposed to only have three fingers (or two fingers and a thumb) on her left hand. It's a detail I've been forgetting to draw. All of the characters so far should be missing fingers. It's part of a rite-of-passage. If you aren't willing to sacrifice for the tribe, you get kicked out. It's in the first book, which is available on my Patreon. 230 pages of awesome awfulness.

Deviant Art
Old 04-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #27
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

MY OPINION.....

NO NEED for 3d.
This is a graphic novel, 2d is what you want and expect.
Focus on showing some great and intriguing artwork / panels etc.
Create a suitable atmosphere and go from there.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #28
roboletters
Comic Book Letterer

roboletters is on a distinguished road

Hey JRXTIN, this comic is mental! Really digging the style and content!
If you are still considering a Kickstarter then this podcast is full of really helpful info about how to do it right http://www.comixlaunch.com/
Also, if you ever find yourself needing a letterer I'd love to be involved in this project! I have a few sample pages online HERE and can supply some more samples if you're interested.
roboletters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #29
JRXTIN

sevans - Yeah, I'd like to do some 3D but it would take weeks and the trailer I've got should do. Time to get on with it.

roboletters - Thanks for the link, I need to watch all the Kickstarter videos because I know nothing.

I've been doing the lettering. My scripts are super loose, I do the final writing pass on the page.

Deviant Art
Old 04-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #30
SimonBullows
myspace.com/sibullows

SimonBullows is on a distinguished road

I like the art, but for me the story makes zero sense lol, still, good effort!