Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 07-31-2016, 08:50 AM   #91
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Haber View Post
Mirror Man looks cool. What are his powers?

And nice James Dean! It's cool to see you tackle a different style of artwork.
Here is his story.
mirror man begins pg 44
I don't like the Lama origin but the power is cool. I think he should be able to travel from mirror to mirror tho.

The James Dean was a commission for a friend.

Thanks.
The Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #92
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

So he becomes invisible by stepping through a mirror. Also, he gets some sort of protection when he's invisible. I don't know... some of these golden age characters were not great. (I agree that adding travel through mirrors would make him more useful.) No wonder that Superman was such a big deal back then.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #93
RobertS

RobertS is on a distinguished road

I really like your classic style. Would love to see some of the old public domain characters updated and brought back to the publishing world.
RobertS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #94
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

Speaking of Public Domain characters here is Sky Wizard from the 40s Miracle Comics. I'm working on a short story with him. My son is writing it.

Here are his only 4 comic appearances Sky Wizard
Old 08-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #95
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

This one has a story to it. I work at a school and I go through and unlock the rooms in the mornings. In the football locker room was this white board and some of the guys beside the football plays were drawing little comics. So every morning I would too. Well football season passed and I started drawing this picture. First the Charger man, the team are the chargers. Then the bad guy in the foreground, then the girl, then the buildings and then the spaceships. I kept tweaking and erasing it and taking pictures of it. I thought it would get erased right away but it lasted a few months.
Well after it was erased I took the photos and drew one and copied it off and gave it to some of the students.

Last week I got Manga Studio and decided to redraw it. And here it is.

I love Manga Studio BTW.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #96
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

two of my characters.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #97
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

I've been messing around with digital inking.
This is one drawn by my son Luke, his 14th birthday was today. Inked by me.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #98
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Another one. Trying out the different pen tools.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #99
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Bat-Mite.
I've always liked this panel. I changed it a bit and inked it digitally.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #100
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #101
kong
Shrapnel collector...

kong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to all

this last one is awesome, love the colors!
Old 08-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #102
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Thanks Kong!
Old 08-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #103
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Old 09-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #104
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Inking
Old 09-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #105
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!