The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 10-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #1
extfcz

extfcz is on a distinguished road

AvP Practice

Hello, a page, I know there are a lot of details both missing and in need of removal, but please, critiques are welcome,

extfcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

I understand its a work in progress. Panel 1 is okay. 2 is okay but his anatomy is needIng some work. Panel 3 struggles, especially with his right arm and the foreshortening is way off. He looks like he has a small nubby handicap arm

Still, finish it up and show us the final product...

Rob
12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
extfcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
I understand its a work in progress. Panel 1 is okay. 2 is okay but his anatomy is needIng some work. Panel 3 struggles, especially with his right arm and the foreshortening is way off. He looks like he has a small nubby handicap arm

Still, finish it up and show us the final product...

Rob
I will! Is it strange that I feel excited? Normally comments are like "it's fine, it's okay, you're great, etc.", but to find some decent critique, that's something far precious and valuable, even if it's hurtful. Looks that this is no ordinary board

Last edited by extfcz; 10-13-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by extfcz View Post
I will! Is it strange that I feel excited? Normally comments are like "it's fine, it's okay, you're great, etc.", but to find some decent critique, that's something far precious and valuable, even if it's hurtful. Looks that this is no ordinary board

I do apologize in that my response was super short because I was in a hurry. ultimately my critique is still the same, but I wanted to expand a bit. I do like the predator drawings in a large part, the details look correct and it is instantly recognizable. I like how it looks like hes searching around for something. this still all looks cool.

my eye is mostly drawn to the big final panel. the pred head mask looks great.. the alien is looking great. the pred upper body is okay, tho again, his left arm is just needing to be erased and reworked.
also, it looks like the pred is wearing the tiniest little intergalactic man-thong ever. I would suggest it get some bulking up. and the leg anatomy is needing help.

so...again, I am very intestested in seeing more. hope you will post more art. this site is VERY quiet these days from what it used to be but, sometimes you can get good advice(not exactly from ME or anything).

Rob
12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
extfcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
I do apologize in that my response was super short because I was in a hurry. ultimately my critique is still the same, but I wanted to expand a bit. I do like the predator drawings in a large part, the details look correct and it is instantly recognizable. I like how it looks like hes searching around for something. this still all looks cool.

my eye is mostly drawn to the big final panel. the pred head mask looks great.. the alien is looking great. the pred upper body is okay, tho again, his left arm is just needing to be erased and reworked.
also, it looks like the pred is wearing the tiniest little intergalactic man-thong ever. I would suggest it get some bulking up. and the leg anatomy is needing help.

so...again, I am very intestested in seeing more. hope you will post more art. this site is VERY quiet these days from what it used to be but, sometimes you can get good advice(not exactly from ME or anything).

Rob
It's quite alright, I'm pretty old in internet years, I know forums can get a bit of heat. Yeah I thought the same about the thong, but when I finished to that state at least, I was in the position of asking if it was right the whole thing, does the mask look okay? does the alien? does the tech? does anything? I was drowning. Oh anatomy... dear anatomy, I've got like a pretty big mess in my head about it, I'm going to focus more! Cheers! Your critiques are great, I would doubt about it all if it weren't for your advice! It's hard to notice strange things on one's work, gotta learn how... if that's even possible
Old 10-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Can I ask what is meant to be happening in the last panel?
Sneaking up, got stabbed, hit?
Old 10-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
extfcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Can I ask what is meant to be happening in the last panel?
Sneaking up, got stabbed, hit?
The predator is moving carefully, observing the area while a xeno appears behind him.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #8
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

okay. I guess the pose looks like he has been hit from behind.
Plus no background, so no area to be observing.

I know it's not finished though.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
extfcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
okay. I guess the pose looks like he has been hit from behind.
Plus no background, so no area to be observing.

I know it's not finished though.
Nice points, I'll see what can I do about it, thanks!