Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Ray Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up FACIAL EXPRESSIONS: A Visual Guide for Artists

Every artist should have this book! One of most difficult things to draw is accurate emotions/expressions. Understand the shapes and movement of muscles for subtle or even extreme expressions. Far too many of us have like 3 or 4 expressions where there are millions! Get this book! I have it. It's great!

ART: COVERS : COMICS : FILM/GAME : YOUTUBE : FOLLOW ME!
Ray Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Ray Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to behold

And, yes, we can use the mirror, but everyone has different features, especially when you get into other race, gender, or age categories. Here are some awesome examples:

Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
fbwash
Freelance Illustrator

fbwash is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I definitely have this book in my reference library. A great source to have in doing emotions
fbwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
JimCampbell
Letterer

JimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really niceJimCampbell is just really nice

Yup. Copy of that sitting next to my Loomis books (back in print -- yay!) and this utterly invaluable reference, recommended to me by brilliant cartoonist and all-round nice guy, PJ Holden.

Cheers!

Jim
JimCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

When you couple those two images, the lady is clearly some sort of bigot.
CHWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
rendergee
All Graphics Artist

rendergee is on a distinguished road

I wish they were available digital. I'm NOT an actor so I can't make every single face my script asks for in the mirror.
rendergee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
khperkins
Out the airlock

khperkins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendergee View Post
I wish they were available digital. I'm NOT an actor so I can't make every single face my script asks for in the mirror.
There is a kindle version.
khperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #8
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendergee View Post
Yeah, me neither. That's why this book is so awesome! Is there a reason the book doesn't work for you? Or were you just saying you wish you had that Kindle Version?

Also, someone mentioned that their copy came with a CD of all the images. Might look into that!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
vartemis
Onomonopiaphile

vartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Dillon View Post
Yeah, me neither. That's why this book is so awesome! Is there a reason the book doesn't work for you? Or were you just saying you wish you had that Kindle Version?

Also, someone mentioned that their copy came with a CD of all the images. Might look into that!
Nice repost of the same link above but altering the link so you get credit for the sale.

I will vouch for the book though. Mine's pretty dog eared.

j

Last edited by vartemis; 06-05-2012 at 01:07 PM.
vartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartemis View Post
Nice repost of the same link above but altering the link so you get credit for the sale

I will vouch for the book though. Mine's pretty dog eared.

j
Slow down there, detective. Just reposting it with the same system I always do. Didn't realize Keith was affiliated. Happily changed the link to give him credit. He's a good dude and we live very close to each other even though we haven't hung out yet.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #11
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Oh, hey! Haven't seen THIS one before:
FACIAL EXPRESSIONS: BABIES TO TEENS very cool!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
vartemis
Onomonopiaphile

vartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the roughvartemis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Slow down there, detective. Just reposting it with the same system I always do. Didn't realize Keith was affiliated. Happily changed the link to give him credit. He's a good dude and we live very close to each other even though we haven't hung out yet.
Oh, I didn't mean for it to seem like I was calling you out or anything. I just found it funny. The cool face was supposed to be a wink, but it looked so small on my iphone that I guess I got the icons mixed up. Fixed it now that I'm on an actual computer.

j
vartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
rendergee
All Graphics Artist

rendergee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, hey! Haven't seen THIS one before:
FACIAL EXPRESSIONS: BABIES TO TEENS very cool!

Nice I didn't notice there was a Kindle version, I guess if I'm making Mangas I will only get the babies and teens version (joking).
rendergee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
khperkins
Out the airlock

khperkins will become famous soon enough

Just got my book,and leafed through it, and it is pretty awesome. it's going to be super useful for me. Thanks for pointing it out Ray. I saw the baby and teens, that's in my wishlist now, too.
khperkins is offline   Reply With Quote