Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 09-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

evil horde vs dark he-man

"dark he-man".
just a generic term I use to describe him as he is in my book after his final battle with skeletor. scarred and wounded and in a bad place to put it mildly.

anyway, these are pages I'm working on, where he-man has decided after a conversation with his sister, She-ra, that he is going to solve her problem for her. he is going to eliminate her enemies for her, taking that extreme step that she wont and he never did, until it was to late and skeletor did something extreme himself and killed many of he-mans closest friends and allies. by doing this, he rationalizes that he takes this burden on to himself, thereby saving his sister, who is a good and honorable person, from having to make the same choice and he couldn't and wouldn't and now she will never have to suffer the loss and pain that he has. but the moral dilemma is at what cost? can he ever go back? can he ever be considered a hero again after what he does here? that is the major theme of the book I'm doing and this moment here is where he goes as dark and crosses the line more than he ever has, and what will it mean for him as a character and how will his friends and family see him after what he has done.

all pages are still works in progress but, I just wanted to share them, to see what peoples thoughts were at this point.

page 1, heman shows up and announces to the Horde that they all can leave now, cause all he wants is Hordak. he gives them all this one chance. of course, none of them take him seriously. and that will cost them.

rob

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Rob Norton

more as the fight continues

Old 10-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Artloader

Artloader is on a distinguished road

Very intriguing story dude, He-Man certainly looks like he's taken some serious damage.

Nice art as well, looking forward to more .
Old 10-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #4
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I like the simple but effective layout on that last unfinished page the most.
How many is it now......20,000 pages?

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
Rob Norton

inks on the last page...

Old 10-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #6
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I like the simple but effective layout on that last unfinished page the most.
How many is it now......20,000 pages?
hey thanks. the backgrounds are sparse-ish on these pages because I'm trying to get thru them kinda quick and...its not like this is gonna be published anywhere official, so...there is no one to answer to but myself. so that's why I'm using a lot of filler of flames and smoke and blast lines and random debris/rubble... cause all I'm interested in with this chapter is the slaughter of the bad guys by the guy that's supposed to be the hero.

and yeah..total pages done or actually in progress between me and my brother doing this... umm..let me think here..a rough estimate would be 200 pages total either done or pages in actual drawing process, like pencil/pen on paper already.

AND...ive written out an entire epic story that takes all the characters and situations to a specific ending and it could end up another 100 pages. so...this COULD be 300 plus pages by the time I'm done.

ALSO, I'm gonna be looking for artists interested in doing a small bit here or there... so.. let me know...
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #7
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artloader View Post
Very intriguing story dude, He-Man certainly looks like he's taken some serious damage.

Nice art as well, looking forward to more .
Hey thanks man. If you would like to read how heman ended up how he is now, i got 3 books available to read on dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dcd4askub...Ujfy4pjCa?dl=0

Give it a read. Let me know what you think
Old 10-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #8
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

I love the drama and movement on each page. Really cool building up to action and actual action sequences. Yes, cool flow of story you want to show in this short story. Great art as well.

By I'm still in question why did you use He-Man as your protagonist when you could have made him your own original character and the rest of the supporting cast? The hooded and scarred guy without the He-man chest armour looks awesome for this preview.

pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
I love the drama and movement on each page. Really cool building up to action and actual action sequences. Yes, cool flow of story you want to show in this short story. Great art as well.

By I'm still in question why did you use He-Man as your protagonist when you could have made him your own original character and the rest of the supporting cast? The hooded and scarred guy without the He-man chest armour looks awesome for this preview.

hey thanks man. ive been working on these for so long and had the story flow in my head for so long that I'm not sure if they work at all, cause I cant be objective. so its nice to get feedback from people letting me know if they can tell whats going on at all or not.

as far as why didn't I just make these my characters? I get asked that a lot..like why put so much effort into something that's not "MINE". basically its cause I wanted to tell this HEMAN story... and show people this story of mine based on characters that we already know. plus it helps to put people eyes on it.
but yeah, its a lot of work for something I cant really do anything with anyway. but I'm probably not gonna anyone to look at my own stuff as it is, and if I'm gonna be drawing a book, I want it to be something that I'm passionate about, having a LOT of fun with, have NO ONE telling me what I can and cant do, and people will look at it because of the name. and if I can get a bit of a following off this then maybe they will follow me to something else if I'm lucky.
I have played with an idea of taking similar style characters and making it an obvious sequel to this story, but changed up enough that its different and not copyright infringement. I may do that after I get done with the big main story, which...is...HUGE at this point. at least another 100 pages. (but I am also really staging this book to showcase my art as I want/see fit..so I could shorten it in a lot of ways. but I want it to visually LOOK how I want it to look.

anyway..hope that makes sense. thanks for the feedback sir.

rob
Old 10-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #10
Rob Norton

How the fight ends...

Old 10-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #11
Effess

Effess is on a distinguished road

Hey, Rob. I think what you're doing here, in my opinion, is great of you. Now. I didn't exactly know who He-man was until the 2000's "and the Masters of the Universe" cartoon, but I get being passionate about media, and wanting to draw your version of it. I like seeing when creativity is put in large doses to fan type projects the artist wants to make just because it's satisfying. Plus, I understand that doing so is not to just flex that creativity, but to get other fans and possible interest to run into examples of your artwork with the help of an existing group of fandom already looking around. It's why I drew a Bowsette drawing recently. I say wholeheartedly, keep drawing.
Effess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 AM   #12
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effess View Post
Hey, Rob. I think what you're doing here, in my opinion, is great of you. Now. I didn't exactly know who He-man was until the 2000's "and the Masters of the Universe" cartoon, but I get being passionate about media, and wanting to draw your version of it. I like seeing when creativity is put in large doses to fan type projects the artist wants to make just because it's satisfying. Plus, I understand that doing so is not to just flex that creativity, but to get other fans and possible interest to run into examples of your artwork with the help of an existing group of fandom already looking around. It's why I drew a Bowsette drawing recently. I say wholeheartedly, keep drawing.
Hey thanks man. That’s exactly what im doing here. Im also having a great time and thats what matters. I hope it has a chance to gain an audience. But im gonna keep on keepin on.