Old 11-25-2017, 05:16 AM   #1
AmitMosheOren

AmitMosheOren is on a distinguished road

I Promise (6 pgs, Drama/Sci-fi)

I Promise (6 pages)
Written by Amit Moshe Oren.

PAGE 1 (4 panels)

PANEL 1
Full shot of a house’s window. Living room. It’s the 80’s and it’s night time. Inside the house, TILDA (12, redhead, blue eyes) is sitting on the carpet with her superhero action figures scattered around her, looking at something through our window. Behind her on the couch, her babysitter is sleeping while sitting.
Note: The couch needs to face us.

NO COPY.

PANEL 2
Same panel. Now, Tilda is a lot closer to us, looking at something up in the sky through the window. She seems amazed. Because she’s close to us, we can’t see the babysitter sleeping anymore.

TILDA
WOW…

SFX
CRASHH!

PANEL 3
Long shot. High angle. Grassy fields. A round, small space pod had crashed on the ground. The space pod is still closed, but it’s all ruined. Smoke is coming out of it.

NO COPY.

PANEL 4
Over the shoulder shot. Back to the living room. We’re behind the shoulder of the babysitter who’s still sleeping. We’re seeing that the door to the house is wide open. Because the door is wide open, we can see that Tilda is running towards the crashed space pod.

BABYSITTER
SNOOOORT!

PAGE 2 (5 panels)

PANEL 1
Long shot. Inside a barn. ALEX (green alien, bald, wearing a grey space suit) is lying down on his elbow on the ground, starting to wake up. His eyes are half closed, and there’s a small bandage on his big forehead.

TILDA (O.P.)
HI THERE.

PANEL 2
Medium shot. Low angle. We’re in Alex’ point of view. Tilda is sitting on her knees. She’s looking at us, smiling.

TILDA
I’M TILDA.

PANEL 3
Same panel as panel 1. Now, Alex is defending himself with his hands while still lying down. His eyes are closed and his face is turned the other way. He seems afraid.

TILDA (O.P.)
HA HA HA!

PANEL 4
Same panel. Now, Alex has let his guard down a little by lowering his hands a bit from his face and peeking through them to look at Tilda. He still seems somewhat scared.

TILDA
WHO ARE YOU?

PANEL 5
Same panel as panel 2. Tilda is still sitting on her knees, but now, her smile has gotten even wider. Her eyes are now closed and her head are turned sideways. Basically, the cutest smile you can draw.
Note: I’m aiming towards something like this.

TILDA
DO YOU HAVE A NAME?

PAGE 3 (7 panels)

PANEL 1
Long shot. There is a tent in the middle of the barn. Word balloons are coming from inside the tent.

TILDA
I ADMIT. AT FIRST, I WAS A BIT AFRAID OF MIKE. I MEAN, HE’S SO HUGE AND SCARY…
BUT HE DIDN’T STOP PUSHING ME AND CALLING ME A LITTLE, WEAK GIRL...

PANEL 2
We’re inside the tent now. Tilda is standing on her knees and punching the air. Alex is sitting cross-legged. He seems shocked. You can use this picture for inspiration.
Note: Yep. I’m serious.

TILDA
SO, I SHOWED HIM! I PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE SO QUICKLY, HE DIDN’T EVEN SAW THAT COMING!
HE JUST RAN AWAY IN TEARS TO THE BATHROOM.

PANEL 3
Medium shot. Tilda and Alex (both one year older from the previous panel) are sitting in front of a birthday cake. On the middle of that cake, there are two candles in the shape of the numbers 1 and 3. Both Alex and Tilda are wearing pointed birthday hats. They seem happy.

CAPTION
UNTIL TILDA’S THIRTEENTH BIRTHDAY, ALEX WAS SCARED OF EVERYTHING. EVERY TIME TILDA WANTED TO HUG HIM, ALEX JUST JUMPED BACKWARDS, THINKING SHE MIGHT HURT HIM...
AND IT DIDN’T JUST STOP THERE...

PANEL 4
Medium shot. Profile angle. Alex is standing in front of a brown horse,petting its head and smiling a bit. The horse’s eyes are closed. It seems comfortable. In the background, Tilda is standing next to Alex, watching what’s now happening. She seems happy, too. Both are one year older from the previous panel.

CAPTION
BUT AS TIME WENT ON, ALEX STARTED TO OPEN UP MORE. HE STARTED TO HUG TILDA BACK, HE STARTED TO TALK TO HER A COUPLE OF TIMES…
THEY EVEN HAD THEIR FIRST FIGHT IN HALLOWEEN...

PANEL 5
Full shot. We’re in front Alex and Tilda who are sitting on the couch from page 1 and watching some movie together on TV. Tilda’s head is on Alex’ thin left shoulder and Alex has a bag of popcorn on his lap. Their faces are lit up by the TV. Alex and Tilda seem intrigued by the movie they’re watching. Both are one year older from the previous panel.

CAPTION (TILDA)
BUT TILDA DIDN’T CARE. AS LONG AS ALEX LEARNED EVERY DAY TO BE STRONGER AND BRAVER, SHE WAS HAPPY.

PANEL 6
Long shot. Grassy fields near Tilda’s house. Noon. Tilda’s dad, CARL (50’s), has lifted Tilda in the air with a hug. Tilda is laughing. In the background, we can see Alex peeking through the barn’s slightly opened door and watching them. Both Alex and Tilda are one year older from previous panel.

CAPTION
BUT AS ALEX’ BRAVERY FLOURISHED, HE STARTED TO LET HIMSELF GET JEALOUS AT TILDA.
HE SAW HOW MUCH LOVE TILDA’S PARENTS HAVE TO HER, HOW MUCH FREE SHE IS...

CARL
HERE’S MY LITTLE GIRL!

TILDA
HA HA HA. STOP CALLING ME THAT, DAD
I’M SIXTEEN.

PANEL 7
Zoom in to a close up on Alex. He seems sad by watching what’s happening.

CAPTION
AND ALEX WANTED ALL OF THAT, TOO.

CAPTION
CAN YOU BLAME HIM?

PAGE 4 (5 panels)

PANEL 1
Medium shot. Barn. Night time. We’re in front of Alex. He is sitting on his knees, looking down and showing us a picture of Tilda and her parents . He seems sad.

ALEX
ALEX… WANT FRIENDS, T.
WANT... FAMILY... WANT EXPLORE WORLD.
ALEX READY.

PANEL 2
Same panel. We’re now in front of Tilda. She is sitting on her knees, too. She’s looking at us. She seems angry.

TILDA
NO, YOU’RE NOT!
IF SOMEONE ELSE WILL SEE YOU, HE’LL WANT TO HURT YOU; HE’LL WANT TO HURT YOU BAD!
BELIEVE ME, THEY DON’T WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

PANEL 3
Same panel. We’re in front of Alex.
A tear is in the middle of running down his cheek.

ALEX
…BUT… FEEL ALONE.

PANEL 4
Same panel. Tilda’s hand are touching Alex’ face and her thumb is wiping the tear off of his cheek.

TILDA
OH.
ALEX… I’M SORRY. I’M SORRY, OKAY? I CAN’T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT IT’S LIKE FOR YOU HERE, LIVING ALL DAY LONG IN THIS BARN.
BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND.

PANEL 5
Long shot. Alex and Tilda are hugging one another. Their eyes are closed. Alex and Tilda seem sad.

TILDA
NOTHING GOOD IS WAITING FOR YOU OUT THERE.
I’M SURE OF IT.

CARL (O.P.)
WH-WHAT THE…?

PAGE 5 (5 panels)

PANEL 1
Long shot. Bird’s eye view. The door to the barn is now wide open and Tilda’s dad, CARL (50’s) is standing in the doorway. He seems completely shocked by what he’s seeing front of him. Tilda and Alex are still kind of hugging each other, but now they’re looking at Carl.

CARL
TILDA…
J-JUST GET AWAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN, HONEY. I-I’M COMING FOR YOU.

TILDA
...DAD, BUT I DON’T--

PANEL 2
Medium shot. We’re in front of Carl. He seems very angry. He’s shouting at his daughter.

CARL
SHUT UP AND DO WHAT YOU’RE TOLD!
DO IT.
GET AWAY FROM THIS MONSTER.

PANEL 3
Medium two shot. Tilda is looking at her dad, talking to him, and Alex is looking at Tilda. He seems worried and confused. Alex and Tilda are still close to each other.

TILDA
HE’S NOT A MONSTER!
LISTEN TO ME, DAD. I KNOW YOU’RE CONFUSED, BUT TRUST ME.
I CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING--

PANEL 4
Medium long shot. We’re behind Alex. Both Carl and Tilda are standing and Alex is still sitting on his knees. Carl is behind Tilda, holding her from the stomach, trying to distance his daughter from the alien, Tilda’s arms are stretched out to Alex, trying to reach him, and Alex is defending himself with his hands exactly like he did in page 2, panel 3, with his eyes closed, and his face turned a bit our way.
Note: You can see tears in Tilda’s eyes and her mouth saying the word “No”.

CARL
TILDA, STOP STRUGGLING!

TILDA
NO!
PLEASE, DAD...

PANEL 5
Medium close-up two shot. Profile angle. Tilda and Alex are kissing. Tilda has her hands on Alex’ face. The background is all red.
Note: Tilda still has tears in her eyes.

CAPTION (TILDA)
“I LOVE HIM”

PAGE 6 (7 panels)

PANEL 1
High angle. Afternoon. Tilda’s bedroom. Tilda is lying down at her bed and looking up at the ceiling. She seems like she’s thinking.

CAPTION (TILDA)
AN HOUR OF SCREAMS AND STRUGGLES HAD PASSED, AND ALEX WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
TILDA’S DAD SAID HE JUST CALLED THE POLICE...

PANEL 2
Low angle. Tilda’s hands are putting a stack of t-shirts in a huge backpack.

CAPTION (TILDA)
BUT SHE KNEW THAT SOMEONE ELSE TOOK HIM.

PANEL 3
Medium shot. Profile angle. Living room. Tilda is walking past a wall where there are hanged a few pictures of her and her family over the years. In all of those pictures, they seem so charming and happy.

CAPTION (TILDA)
SO, JUST LIKE THAT… SHE LEFT EVERYTHING BEHIND…

PANEL 4
Biggest panel of the page. Long shot. Grassy fields. Sunset. We’re behind Tilda. She’s standing with her backpack in the middle of the field, looking at the horizon.

CAPTION (TILDA)
AND WALKED INTO THE UNKNOWN…
BECAUSE SHE WAS SURE SHE WILL FIND HIM.

THOUGHT BALLON (TILDA)
I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, ALEX, AND HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME.
I PROMISE.

PANEL 5
Establishing shot. A small research facility in a desert. The place is gated, and there’s a sign reading: “Lincoln Research Facility”.

NO COPY.

PANEL 6
Medium shot of a grey door where the word “Waste” is written on it. A scientist is walking on the right side of the panel, just walking past the door.

NO COPY.

PANEL 7
Long shot. We’re inside this room now. There are about twenty-twenty five alien corpses stacked on top of each other, and Alex’ corpse is on top. His corpse seems the freshest. We can see that Alex’ temple is perforated presumably by a gunshot.

NO COPY.

THE END.
AmitMosheOren is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread