Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 AM   #1
BagusCahyo

BagusCahyo is on a distinguished road

Critique Please...

here are my artworks.. critiques will be always welcomed guys..thanks alot..

those are allof them..
'critiques always wanted please..

thanks guys..
BagusCahyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:30 AM   #2
BagusCahyo

and here several more pencils..

Old 11-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
BagusCahyo

and here are myinks..

Old 11-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
BagusCahyo

and my colors...

Old 11-27-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
BagusCahyo

another pencils

Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #6
nortonman

nortonman is on a distinguished road

A lot of good stuff here. A couple critiques that I have are that a lot of your characters are drawn the same size in different panels/pages. I would try to vary up the sizes by doing close ups or wide shots. You do it here and there, but more might make for a more interesting visual. And the main character in the first few pages seems to have the exact same face looking off to the left of the page.

Also, some of your anatomy proportions seem to be off in the later pages, like too long of fingers or too fat of forearms sometimes. And this may be just a personal preference, but I think you define muscles too much when the character is shirtless. I would reduce the amount of lines and let the eye fill in the rest. The character can look muscular without every muscle being drawn.

I like the idea and the backgrounds and locations look great though!

-Fight Club
nortonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
ward1976

ward1976 will become famous soon enoughward1976 will become famous soon enough

Great work with strong backgrounds, Love the character style and emotion you capture. Keep it coming!
ward1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
BagusCahyo

Hello Nortonman,
Thank you so much for ur ctitiques.. i really appreciate that.. it helps me a lot for now and future..

Yes u are right about the same expression in the former pages.. i do realize that.. thanks..
And about the the same size in panels.. thats really great i never thought about that thank you so much man it helps me a lot to improve my drawing...
Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
BagusCahyo

Hi Ward.. thank you so much.. i appreciate that..
Old 04-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #10
BagusCahyo

newest submission

And hi there so long guys didn't post anything here..and here the three of my new artworks include pencils and color.. for the color i really need ur advices guys..
thank you so much..

Page 1

page 1 color

page 2

and don't forget to drop some comment or share it if you like

Regards,
Me.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
Michael Ford

Michael Ford is a jewel in the roughMichael Ford is a jewel in the roughMichael Ford is a jewel in the rough

Your pencils look amazing. Great detail, expressions, and overall look. I could give some critiques on them, but they would be minor and nitpicky since you do a lot of great things on these pages. So I feel like it would be more helpful just to focus on the coloring. Keep in mind this will also refer a little to the inking as well.

Your coloring was a real disservice to your pencils. They made your clean pencil look muddy and take away a lot of those great details you worked hard on. Shadows need to be lighter. A lot lighter. This is what makes it look muddy. So ease up on the shadows and add more emphasis on the light source. Also, you need a lot variety in colors. There is too much red and black in that page, which makes it difficult for your to direct my eyes. Throw in some yellows, blues, and whites. Now if the scene absolutely demands for red clothing in a red building, use different shades of reds, particularly brighter reds that stand out, like cherry reds or blood reds. These reds that you are using are too dull. Nothing stands out. The same things apply to skin tone. Vary it up, especially between different characters, and add more light to it.

I get the feeling that you are new to coloring. Even if you are not, what you are doing is admirable. It it tough enough to be a good penciler, but being a good inker and colorist on top of that is extremely challenging. I admire that amount of work you are putting in to be good at all of these. So keep at it and thank you for sharing these.
Michael Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #12
BagusCahyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ford View Post
Your pencils look amazing. Great detail, expressions, and overall look. I could give some critiques on them, but they would be minor and nitpicky since you do a lot of great things on these pages. So I feel like it would be more helpful just to focus on the coloring. Keep in mind this will also refer a little to the inking as well.

Your coloring was a real disservice to your pencils. They made your clean pencil look muddy and take away a lot of those great details you worked hard on. Shadows need to be lighter. A lot lighter. This is what makes it look muddy. So ease up on the shadows and add more emphasis on the light source. Also, you need a lot variety in colors. There is too much red and black in that page, which makes it difficult for your to direct my eyes. Throw in some yellows, blues, and whites. Now if the scene absolutely demands for red clothing in a red building, use different shades of reds, particularly brighter reds that stand out, like cherry reds or blood reds. These reds that you are using are too dull. Nothing stands out. The same things apply to skin tone. Vary it up, especially between different characters, and add more light to it.

I get the feeling that you are new to coloring. Even if you are not, what you are doing is admirable. It it tough enough to be a good penciler, but being a good inker and colorist on top of that is extremely challenging. I admire that amount of work you are putting in to be good at all of these. So keep at it and thank you for sharing these.
hi Michael,
well u made me cry dude, not because i am sad, but i am so blessed u gave me those advice and critics, i am really happy somebody pay attention to my artworks, thank you so much for it, thanks a lot.

yes, i am new for coloring, inking also. i mean, i do inking not that new but i do it with drawing pen, i just practice do it with brush,
for coloring, i do it with my finger and photoshop, i mean no mouse nor pen tablet, i am such a poor student here and pen, hands, and laptop are the only stuff i got here so there these are my artworks. but no excuse lol.

still, thank you so much i really appreciate that,

Regards,
Me.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:40 AM   #13
compton
monkey with a gun

compton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff . Love the detail. I would work on using your negative space better. Some of the panels just look flat. And in that same note. Your characters are sometimes getting lost in the background detail. I would recommend varying your line wieghts
Old 04-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #14
BagusCahyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by compton View Post
Great stuff . Love the detail. I would work on using your negative space better. Some of the panels just look flat. And in that same note. Your characters are sometimes getting lost in the background detail. I would recommend varying your line wieghts
well thank you so much for your advices. i will work on it harder. thanks i really appreciate it.

Regards,
Me.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #15
BagusCahyo

Next page

COLOR PAGE 2
i know guys it messed up.. still learn alot about how to color well.. please give me some advice..

PENCIL PAGE 3

Regards,
Me.