Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 02-06-2016, 04:59 AM   #1
KickAssGirl

KickAssGirl is on a distinguished road

Post MARVEL-STYLE ILLUSTRATOR WANTED for NEW COMIC SAMPLE PAGES by HOLLYWOOD SCREENWRITER

Hi Guys!

I am an independent artist (writer) seeking to collaborate with another artist (illustrator) on 5 sample pages of an exciting new comic to pitch to publisher contacts.

ABOUT THE WRITER
Iím a British Hollywood Screenwriter/ Actress with a feature length film currently in pre-production in Los Angeles following my work in London's West End and Kevin Spacey's Old Vic Tunnels theatre. You can check out my work at www.HayleyNolan.com & www.NewLegendsStudios.com

THE PITCH
I have created a 6-issue limited edition comic book series with the aim to eventually develop into a Video Game and adapt into a feature length movie. For now though I am now looking to team up with an animator who would be interested in collaborating with me and illustrate 5 sample pages plus cover art to pitch to publishers here in the UK as well as the United States. I'm incredibly driven. This project will go ahead! I will be using all my contacts to get it seen by the right people and media contacts to create a buzz about it!

THE COMIC STYLE
The comic is a fantasy/ sci-fi, so you will be illustrating what I hope to be the next generation of Super Heroes! What I'm looking for in an illustrator is clean, classic, modern comic book illustrations in the style of Marvel/ DC. (Iron Man, Hulk, Wonder Woman etc.) The end result is going to be colorful and eye catching to match the unique story and characters.

HOW IT WILL WORK
As an independent artist myself (i.e. no studio or higher power funding the project) this would purely be a creative collaboration until we get a deal. My intention is to work together with a team of illustrators/ inkers/ colourists and get a publishing deal for the 6-issue series based on the sample pages we create. From there, of course, we would all get paid to finish the series. But more of that later...

WHAT TO SUBMIT
If this projects sounds like something you have the time and resources to pursue right now and you would like to read the synopsis and find out more, please send in samples of your illustrations (in the style of Marvel/ DC) to be considered. *Please be sure to include sequential artwork/ panels so I can see how you tell a story and how you illustrate scenes and backgrounds. I will need to see more than just single characters on a blank page* It will be impossible for me to make a decision without seeing this first, so please only apply if you have specific examples of everything stated above, thanks guys!

I really look forward to hearing from you all and discussing the project more with the right person! I'm currently based in London but so long as you are happy to Skype and are quick to respond with emails I am open to working with people around the world, as I do this often with my work in LA! Technology has made the world much smaller...!

All the best
Hayley Nolan
nolanmedia@btinternet.com
www.HayleyNolan.com
www.NewLegendsStudios.com
KickAssGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Tags
animator, collaboration, illustration, inker, marvel