Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
bspinney

bspinney is on a distinguished road

Red face Writer in Search of Penciller/Inker

I'm beginning the process that I think many have tried: I'd like to make a connection with a penciller (and/or inker) who is just dying to make comics.

I'm Looking For:

You're a penciller as a hobbyist, semi-professional or as a professional. You know exposure is half the battle and are willing to create 4-10 page stories that we will both use to show other writers and artists that we can actually create good work.

An artist who can pencil from popular Marvel/DC quality to the more cartoon-ish The Incredibles or Team Fortress 2 would be awesome, but I also have stories that will work with the more scratchy style, similar to Riley Rossmo.

Best case scenario, we become lifelong friends and collaborators. Worst case, we create a 4-10 page mini that we can still show off even if we decide afterwards that maybe this is all the work we will do together.

About Me

I'm a writer by passion (with two degrees, English and Creative Wrriting) and I'm a technical illustrator by day job, and I just (within the last 3 months) came to comics as a way to tell some of my stories.

Like Kurtis Wiebe (Green Wake, Peter Panzerfaust), I rediscovered comics later in life as a beautiful way to tell some great stories.

I'm 29, married, with two young kids, so my ability to work on this stuff is limited to late nights after the boys are asleep; however, I hope that this shows those of you still reading that I don't take this lightly. My spare time is valuable, and I'm intent on seeing these projects through.

I see HUGE holes in content in the comic book industry; if writing on the left is not 95% superheroes, and movies on the right are not 95% superheroes, why are comic books in the middle 95% superheroes? It's why new content, like most of Image's catalog, is making such a big splash. I want to push in new directions (see a few of my ideas below).

Comixology, Monkey Brains, Image Comics, and Challenger Comics (specifically, readchallenger.com) are the future of comics. If you have a similar appreciation for these venues, I'd love to hear from you.

What You'll Get From Me

I write a lot of slice-of-life stories and stories that look for humor but are not absurd (usually): camping stories; beer league ice hockey (but with checking and fighting and cool uniforms!); a guy trying to find the perfect coffee cup: a lawyer who tries his hand at weekly, Friday Night car racing; a pro shop employee who likes causing trouble with the uptight high society patrons at a prestigious golf club; an old man who is in the zombie apocalypse, but who is too afraid to go outside and what he does to prepare for the inevitable time when he has to leave his house.

Storyboards, literal page layout, nothing but panel descriptions, the full script...I know people like to work in different ways and for the sake of success and satisfaction, I'm going to do my best to help you work efficiently. I work on a computer all day (and sometimes, all night), so I'm always a few keystrokes away.

I want to succeed. I hope you do as well.

If you're interested (thank you for reading this far), just send me an email that links to your deviantart/tumblr, etc., tell me about yourself, and tell me why this forum thread caught your attention.

Hope to hear from you,

Brian
bspinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
bspinney

bspinney is on a distinguished road

Forgot the email address! bspinney26@gmail.com
bspinney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artist, collaboration, inker, penciller, writer