Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 12-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Suggestion Time!

Give it to me...what would you like to see here implemented on the site?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

And the flood gates have been opened...
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Im not sure what to suggest. What could be done thats not already available? What options are there?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Sometimes I lack motivation or a subject to actually draw.

How about a monthly drawing challenge?

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Sometimes I lack motivation or a subject to actually draw.

How about a monthly drawing challenge?
Oooo. I like that!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I love the drawing challenge idea. Those were fun when we did those in the past.

It would be cool if Q&A's could be scheduled with some industry pro's. Kind of an AMA type thing.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #7
eDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
It would be cool if Q&A's could be scheduled with some industry pro's. Kind of an AMA type thing.
Been thinking about doing this for Digital Webbing Live, the YouTube channel.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #8
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Active mods that post weekly challenges. Polls. Drawing and writing prompt. A "hookup" area.
Hookup area example: Hey you wanna draw/write/letter something for fun to post to the boards? Sure, Sounds fun.

Bring back the chat area or like we briefly discussed use that Slack account so anyone can drop in and out and chat.

A true pimping area

Make Rob and Bishop a mod of the art area. Let me mod the writing area...
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Forbes View Post
And the flood gates have been opened...
It amuses me that Forbes appears every chance Ed posts. Not sure why... but it does.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
Old 12-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #10
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

A monthly fight club.
Every month, two people fight, not real fighting (I would pay to see that.) But, a challenge where poster x challenges poster y to a fight over something. I can draw the best Spider-man punching Batman or I can write this dialogue about how to eat a ham sandwich better than you.

Mod drops a poll. Everyone votes. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.
just like in Fight Club everyone fights. You don't fight. Your vote doesn't count.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #11
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

Bring back Digital Webbing Presents. Reboot the damn thing from the ground up. Make it 100% digital.

A bi-monthly newsletter. What's Ed Dukshire lettering? Was there something being crowdfunded you thought looked cool. Spotlight an artist from the board.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
eDuke

Anymore, Paul? LOL
Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
eDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
Bring back Digital Webbing Presents. Reboot the damn thing from the ground up. Make it 100% digital.

Was there something being crowdfunded you thought looked cool. Spotlight an artist from the board.
- DWP: I really want to bring this back. Was putting out feelers a few months ago but once I researched the state of the industry and it also brought up old memories of creators trashing on me if they were rejected... made me rethink it. I'll eventually figure out how to proceed with it.

- Crowdfunding: I'm a big believer in this. Lots of projects wouldn't see the light of day without it. When I first dove into it, I had dreams it was a community of creators all pitching in and supporting each other... but that didn't really happen. Currently the most successful ones are created by well-established pros or people that have a huge social media reach. The Digital Webbing YouTube channel (once it gets rolling, it's already launched) will focus on promoting cool projects tho.

- Spotlighting Creators: This goes all the way back to when I first launched this site and it's definitely something I want to implement back in. I started experimenting with it utilizing the front page and created tiles pointing to forum posts. I saw some of the view counts bump up, but it ended up being a lot of work and little draw. There used to be a monthly spotlight which I may bring back where I pick one creator and create a showcase page for them. It'd be cool to make it like an ArtStation page.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #14
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
Anymore, Paul? LOL
Oh, I have.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

A workshop. Similar to what Rob did with the Hellboy stuff. None of that Kickstarter crap or public domain stuff.

Poll together a hero and a theme.
Bring together a team.
Write. Draw. Letter. Have fun.