PDA

View Full Version : Chance to get your stuff into an IDW comic!

JCDeLaTorre
09-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey gang,

This might be better served in the pimp it here section and if a mod must move it I completely understand.

So first, the cool news: IDW will be publishing my comic Star Mage this April. Huzzah for me. :banana: The first issue was beautifully rendered by Ray Dillon and the ensuing issues are being done by talented young artist Franco Cespedes.

But the reason for the post is I wanted to let you know that as part of the negotiations with IDW, I was able to get six pages of available ad space to use as I see fit in EACH issue. The series will be a six issue mini.

The only restrictions placed on me by IDW is no nudity, no illegal activity or drug use and obviously no usage of other company's copyrighted characters.

Since I love my artist community here at DW, I thought I'd give you an opportunity to jump on this if you were so inclined.

What do I have in mind, you may be asking?
I'm thinking that you may want to throw together a half page or full page ad of your work, see if you can grab some commissions.

Or maybe your indie comic needs the kind of exposure that an ad in an IDW release would get you.

Or maybe you want to go all in and actually have published preview of your indie comic in an IDW release. You would actually be able to put "Published art in an IDW comic" on your CV!

There's a bunch of different options we can go with.

Now, I know what you're thinking - "I'm the epitome of a starving artist - how much is this going to cost me?"

Not as much as IDW would have charged you - that I guarantee. I've got a starting point in mind but I'm willing to negotiate with you.

However, I'm not looking for any kind of artistic services at this time, I've got the production under control. This will be a monetary transaction.

If you're interested and want to find out more - hit me up at jcdelatorre-at-jcdelatorre.com (replace the -at- with an @).

Checkout Star Mage at http://starmagecomic.com

JC

http://raydillon.com/Images/STARMAGE-00-CVR.jpg

paul brian deberry
09-15-2013, 07:37 AM
cool!

dmh_3000
09-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Once I figure out what I want to submit I'll shoot you a message.

russbrett
09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Congratulations. I saw the Kickstarter and was very happy you were successful.

Very nice of you to offer additional opportunity to the DW community.

Ray Dillon
09-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Some genius came up with this idea, I tell you what! (psst. it was me. I'm the genius) and this is a huge opportunity for you creators out there! When I was starting out I managed to get my studio ads in several major Image Comics titles and it totally put us on the map and led to a lot of opportunities. Totally totally hop on this!

Aaron Walther
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Great idea and great opportunity.

Ace Corona
09-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Congratulations on your success!

coalminds
09-16-2013, 07:28 PM
First of all congrats. I'd like to promote the commissions area of my site but all the stuff I've done as commissions has been copyrighted characters and I'm not doing my webcomic anymore so I'll have to see if anything else is usable.

JCDeLaTorre
09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys...and yes, Ray is the brain behind this. He kept me in check during all my writer freakouts. :-)

We're starting to fill up so if you do have an interest be sure to hit me up asap.

jcdelatorre@jcdelatorre.com

JCDeLaTorre
10-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Hey Folks, we still have spots available for Issue #2-#6 and we've dramatically lowered prices.

Hit me up to check it out!

eDuke
10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey Folks, we still have spots available for Issue #2-#6 and we've dramatically lowered prices.

Hit me up to check it out!

Feel free to post it up here in this thread (if you want) because your last post got purged when I killed the Pimp It Here area.
Hey, shouldn't DW get a freebie? ;)

dmh_3000
10-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Just sent my email.

dlwdirector
10-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Just sent an email your way, JC.