PDA

View Full Version : Lolly's Life Sucks

flammingcorn
04-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Fff, yes. Lolly's Life Sucks is the name of my comic. I am not good with clever titles I'm afraid. I would still like to discuss it though. C:

I've only recently printed the first issue, and I'm not entirely sure how to handle myself to be quite honest! See, I've always wanted to make a full comic, but have always been too distracted to do so. Now that I'm actually doing it, it's a little overwhelming. Hopefully I don't come off as a weirdo, lol...

Anyway, I set up my first comic booth in Knoxville, TN just a week ago. I was surprised that I sold the majority of my comics (and sold the rest to locals upon returning home). A lot people asked what it was about though, to which I couldn't really explain. If I had to sum it up best I can, it would go like:

It's basically about a world of people with objects for heads. The main character is a lollipop head named Lolly. Because of a twist of fate started by a sophisticated drunk named Richard (who has a wine bottle for a head), Lolly has found himself playing baby-sitter to his two younger cousins. Not only that, be he feels like he is missing out on life and would really just like to have a girlfriend. Meanwhile, Richard continues to mess with Lolly's life in the silliest ways imaginable, such as inviting him to a party full of unruly patrons. There's also a side plot between Richard's bastard son and Lolly's oldest of his younger cousins. Then there's also a thing going on between a thief, a security guard, and a prophet of doom. That is to say, it's pretty much all kinds of crazy.

So yeah...it's not really conventional. The again, most things I do aren't.

I'm currently working on the second issue. I have it scripted and have set up the pages and panels. Now I just gotta draw it all. Hopefully I can keep this up and finish all eight issues.

Yeah, I intend to make it eight issues long. Not sure what I'm gonna do after that, but I'll figure it out when I get there. Meanwhile, I'm not entirely sure how this one is going to go. I have it pretty mapped out and know how I'm going to end it, but it changes a little as I go. I like to leave it open like that.

So yeah, hopefully it doesn't sound too dumb. XD I'm up for some feedback and willing to post a few pages (which I did in an art post earlier) if you would like to see. Thanks!

paul brian deberry
04-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Comixology Submit would be a great place to start. I would think about hand lettering, the balloons lettered the way they are looks odd with the art. Not very professional.

I'd love to work with you on something. Dig your stuff a lot.

flammingcorn
04-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! Not sure what you mean by hand lettering (I'm kind of stupid sometimes), but I'll look into that too.

AHH. And oh my goodness. ;u; Thank you! It would be fun to work with someone!

Fff, I sound like such a spazz in this post...

paul brian deberry
04-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Rather than doing the balloons and text digitally, draw them on pen and paper. I added a couple links.

Your art and storytelling is outside the box awesome, it's weird that you don't do the same with your lettering.

http://kleinletters.com/HandBasics.html
http://www.balloontales.com/tips/
http://www.blambot.com/

flammingcorn
04-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Okay, checking out those links right now!

Haha, I guess I'm afraid people won't be able to read it. I don't hand write too bad I guess, but it might be confusing to some.

I also draw word bubbles squiggly. :U But that might be okay with the way I draw anyway, because it comes out kinda squiggly to, pft.