PDA

View Full Version : Old Future - New web comic needs your support on Indiegogo

GreatOldOne
06-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, please check out my Indiegogo for the new web comic that I'm creating. Any help would be highly appreciated :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/old-future-the-web-comic

Steven Forbes
06-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Know what? I absolutely LOVE the title of your book. That's a great title.

Steven Forbes
06-21-2014, 01:19 PM
I clicked the link, and there's no project there.

GreatOldOne
06-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what happened. Fixed it now :)
And thanks!

Steven Forbes
06-21-2014, 01:41 PM
It works!

Thanks! Good show!

MBirkhofer
06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
"The best way to describe it would be Doctor Strange living in a Cyberpunk world with Lovecraftian horrors lurking underneath"

So Shadowrun.

I'm intrigued.
But largely what I am seeing is a "fund my life" project. you're asking for benefactors to pay you, to pay your artist so you can have your Shadowrun campaign illustrated.
I would have a hard time justifying that with someone famous who I trust in their ability to tell a story. An unknown, not really any.

"My plan is to post at least 1 strip each week, ideally even 2 or 3 if I get enough money."
Rephrase this, to something like:
"The plan is to use the funds to produce at least 1 strip per week. Without enough support, 2 or 3 pages may be possible."

Possibly even removing the 2-3page comment entirely. Its making a promise you can't keep. leave it for a surprise in stretch goals.
The wording you used though, just further makes this read like a cash grab, with little real business plan.

GreatOldOne
06-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Not exactly Shadowrun but I can see why you would think that.

The way I phrased it like I did is because I'll probably be able to produce 1 strip per week even without funding for some time. I accept your remark though and I will edit it out of the project.

I know there is no way for me to make you trust me with your money other than trying my best.
However I do not have much of a choice since I need to start somewhere and I can't pay artists with money I don't have.

I would like to know though if there's anything you think I can add to the campaign to try and make it look less like a cash grab as you described it?
I'm not sure how to go about it since this is my first big project (gotta start somewhere though, right?).

Either way, I appreciate you taking the time to read through it and writing down your thoughts. Thank you :)

GreatOldOne
06-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Here's the unfinished first strip of the comic:

http://i.imgur.com/CjZ13Lu.jpg?1?9827

The finished one will be up tomorrow on the site :)