PDA

View Full Version : New Free trade paperback!

CSA
06-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi,
I just completed a new 5 issue mini-series, with my awesome writer and amazing writers, and I will love to have some keen readers and that is why I am offering the comic for free at http://www.csa1.ca/comics.html
It's abput a 55 year old, hard-nosed, assassin with deadly family problems.
Constructive feedback welcome and I really hope that you enjoy it!
Thank you,
Cristian

paul brian deberry
06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
thanks for sharing.... moving.

CSA
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Thank you for taking a look at the story! I think that the script is the strongest! Please let me know what you think... :)

Charles
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
If I may offer a suggestion, you might get more readers for it, if you compile it into PDF format, and that way, interested individuals can click on just a single link, instead of a couple of dozen or so.

cr8ivejas
07-03-2014, 04:05 AM
To start, thank you for sharing. As a whole, the story seems like a good concept, but I was a little let down by the details such as the lettering (it did not match the artwork-computerized vs organic). Some of the conversation did not flow well between the characters; however, most of this can be cleaned up with another pass in editing(revision).
Although the lettering was better in the last issue(thicker lettering), I still feel that an organic or natural approach to the lettering would have tied all of your issues together. I know it's a bit picky on the spelling and flow but an example is on page 10 when the mobster says he won't be 'hinging' his welfare to a newbie. I'm not sure if that is meant to read 'handing' or some sort of slang terminology I am unfamiliar with. There are some other areas such as page 79 that the characters get a bit wordy. Some things are a little unnecessary to commit to dialog. It takes up more room than necessary for the panel. Again, I think a final pass by Mr. Brandt would clean this up nicely.

Overall, there was a definite plot with a few side stories that tied the story as a whole together. I'm sure this was a fun and exciting story for you to work on, and I hope you continue to develop your character. I'm certain you will continue to refine and add more depth to your characters with each passing story. Thanks again for sharing. I always enjoy stories that are a bit different from the typical spandex laden heroes.

Charles
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
If I may offer a suggestion, you might get more readers for it, if you compile it into PDF format, and that way, interested individuals can click on just a single link, instead of a couple of dozen or so.

I think that I posted this in the wrong thread. Ack! That's what I get for having so many Digital Webbing pages open, all at the same time.

My apologies.

Charles
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Wow! This is a big one. I don't have time, today, to go through the entire thing, but I'll try to give you some feedback on it. It's big, because it's a 5-part compilation, but all things considered, it seems to have a lot of meat on the bone.

CSA
07-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank you, "cr8..."
I am going to see with Ryan Brandt if we can make some edits to the text. I am very happy that you loved the overall story. Thank you again :)

CSA
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Thank you, Charles! Whenever you have time. I hope you enjoy the story and please keep me posted with feedback. Thank you :)
Cristian

Komic_Brew
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for sharing! I downloaded and will come back when I get to read it :)

CSA
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you Komic Brew! I look forward to reading what you think of my "Big Boss" comic! :)

CSA
07-23-2014, 07:18 PM
This is the full cover and back cover together! Hope you enjoy! :)

http://csa1.ca/Big-Boss-TPB/Big-Boss-cover-exterior-front-web.jpg

CSA
11-26-2015, 07:38 PM
We made this graphic novel into a short live-action film and we are looking to develop it further. Check my website again for updates!