PDA

View Full Version : All Good for San Diego Comic Con!

4-9-studios
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
:bounce: :banana: :w00t: I just received my confirmation letter for my Small Press table at this years Con! I was hoping to get 2, but that didn't go through. I haven't gotten my table assingment yet, but I'm just happy I got the table! :carrot: :laugh: :cool:

If anyone is already confirmed, let us know so we can look out for you!

jimmycakes
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, if the DW table is confirmed then so are we. Can't freakin' wait!

SDulaney
04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Got my plane reservations made today. (Finally!)

The DW booth is a go. (Might still have some space to sub-let as well.)

MrGranger
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Got my plane reservations made today. (Finally!)

That is good to know. Whew!

SDulaney
04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Just curious...

Who else is arriving Tuesday afternoon? Padres and Phillies are playing that night. Maybe snag some bleacher seats?

jimmycakes
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Think we get in wednesday. If I have extra time I'm gonna beg my bro to let me get into some waves.

JMan
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Man, hope to meet a lot of you guys there - I've got a guest pass at the Angel Gate Studios booth via my friend Quenton Shaw of QEW Publishing here in Seattle. It's kind of a last minute thing for me this year (if you can call April last minute) so I'm booking my hotel/flight tonight.

Anyway - see you there! I might put a big, blue 'DW Boards' on my name tag.

Or, you know what, I just thought of this. Maybe you guys at the DW booth can have on hand a bunch of those round blue stickers, you know, about nickle-sized, and we can all stop by, chat and put a sticker on our badges - then we'd all know when we see a DW'er walking that 20 acre facility???

Whattayathink?

4-9-studios
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm a member of a few message boards, so i will have a small sign with all logos on it that i am apart of, and under each will have my member name.

Emperor Zurg
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Or, you know what, I just thought of this. Maybe you guys at the DW booth can have on hand a bunch of those round blue stickers, you know, about nickle-sized, and we can all stop by, chat and put a sticker on our badges - then we'd all know when we see a DW'er walking that 20 acre facility???

Whattayathink?

That's not a bad idea.... :thumbs:

Zurg :banana:

SDulaney
05-24-2006, 01:10 PM
FYI...Booth/table numbers should start leaking very soon.

MrGranger
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I think this should be a hot table to visit. With all my booth babes walking around in just my t-shirts...not to mention the great books. :har: It's a pretty impressive list of folk. Can't wait.

T.J. May
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Sean, did you call me recently?

T

MrGranger
05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
He should have.

SDulaney
05-26-2006, 03:20 PM
yep. and we did talk later that day.

(Just in case anyone was left in suspense.)

mongoose
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Purchased my plane ticket today. I'm gonna hang in L.A. until Thursday - do some partying.

jimmycakes
05-27-2006, 10:01 PM
i'll wear a blue sticker... although... i'll be at the DW booth... soo... i assume there will be a HUGE sign behind me. LOL!

danedawg99
06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I'd wear a sticker! Any plans for a DW meet-up? I get in sometime Wed. (Driving from Phoenix.)

Emperor Zurg
06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd wear a sticker! Any plans for a DW meet-up? I get in sometime Wed. (Driving from Phoenix.)
I'm game... Did anyone get their pro badge letters yet?

Zurg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2403/idea3el.gif

pandayboss
06-03-2006, 01:18 AM
We (me, wife and daughter) are also good to go. Everything is ready sans the SDCC Badges. We haven't received them yet. But I know we could pick them up from the gate there. :D

Renae De Liz
06-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Oooh, DW stickers would be a nice idea ;) I want one!

Mecha
06-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Faxed in my partner and I's registrations but no confirmation yet.... I hope to hell we don't end up standing in line again like last year (they didn't process the pro apps that came in close to the deadline and a handful of us stood in line for a couple hours and missed preview night). Still not sure if both of us are making it but we're planning for it.

Stickers? Just write our DW nicks on the tags like we did last year :lol:

Even better, we could revive the butt thread ;) *cough* I mean the Photo Thread for recognizing members at SDCC :laugh:

Cat
06-03-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm game... Did anyone get their pro badge letters yet?

Zurg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2403/idea3el.gif
You have to pick them up at the con.

Emperor Zurg
06-03-2006, 03:23 PM
You have to pick them up at the con.
The badges I know... Usually there's a confirmation letter before the con stating where to pick them up.... Unless that's changed...

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/1319/2x25kf.gif

4-9-studios
06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm going to create a small sign that I will display at my table that will have logos of the message boards I am active in, along with my user name.

SDulaney
06-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Okay, since it's been brought up here I'll start taking the suggestions in the thread as well.

We do want to have another DW post show gathering this year. However we would like to have it a little better organized...maybe have some tables waiting for us rather than have the group split up due to space at the place we go.

So here's what we need to know...

NIGHT? As in which one is better for you. Ideally we want to do it Thursday or Friday night because (1) Saturday night is nucking futs and (2) but getting to know your fellow DW-ites early in the con, you can better make connections the rest of the show.

WHERE? Last year it was Moose McGillycuddy's. We can do it again...OR we can try somewhere closer like KC Barbecue or Dick's Last Resort. Either way, we need to decide so we can get the tables we'll need if everyone shows up.

Discuss among yourselves. I think there's links to the three restaurants in my blog.

Re: Stickers. I think Ron had the master for the stickers we've used in the past.

Emperor Zurg
06-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Thursday night works for me..... I'm down where ever it is...
http://djforum.free.fr/smileysmileysmiley/v2/surprises/surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

Jason Copland
06-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I'd definitely be up for a dinner of DWer's on one of the earlier nights of the Con. I'm not sure which would be better (maybe Thursday night?). This will be my first time at SDCC, so I'm not up to speed on the good places to eat and all that. I will have to defer to all youse people's knowledge.....

And yeah, I'd love to get a DW name tag/sticker.... could they have our avatar pics on them? That would be cool, too. :bounce:

Renae De Liz
06-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Woo, DW dinner! Last years was fun, I'm looking forward to it!

Any night is good for me, I get there Wednesday, so anyday after that! :bounce:

Mecha
06-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Anytime is good :) Thursday is a great night to do it since after taht we all usually end up going out after the con for the rest of the event anyways :laugh:

4-9-studios
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Where is everyone goin' Saturday?! I love livin' in SD, tons of things to do around here. Clubs on the Gaslamp are going to be pretty crazy, anyone going to any? :banana: :carrot: :bounce: :whistlin:

danedawg99
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm cool with any of the three restaurants/places Sean listed. I've never been, so i can't offer an opinion on any of them. I get there Wednesday, so any other night is fine by me!

SDulaney
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, let's pick the spot this way...Where is everyone staying?

I know not everyone is going to be in the Manchester Grand Hyatt area (let alone in the gaslamp) let's try to figure it where people can easily get back to their hotels (or homes) to freshen up for an evening of carousing after we eat or between getting chased off the floor and going out to eat.

I'll start the DW roll call thread and we'll take it from there.

Emperor Zurg
06-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm staying at the Raddison Hotel over by littly Italy.... I should get there on wed in time for preview night.... http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/0005.gif

SDulaney
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Stayed there last year. Nice hotel...wish Raddison had been doing the sleep number beds then but still very comfortable and a nice breakfast set up. Word of warningif you're flying in, the hotel shuttle wait at the airport can be a pain but you should have better luck coming in on Wednesday. (ie: more people checking in that day...Came in on Tuesday last year and was one of three people on the shuttle after waiting 45-50 minutes for it to get to the pick up point.)

danz23
06-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I just got confirmation of where I'll be staying - It's the Sheraton Suites (701 A Street)
I'll be flying in on the 17th - Monday. This is the first time I'll be attending SDCC, but I've heard, through VERY reliable sources, that the DW crowd is the crowd to be in on your first SDCC!!
I still don't know my booth number or location, but I'll post it here as soon as I know.
We're running ads on their Event Guide and Souvenir Book -
So...We're All Good for San Diego Comic Con! :)

Emperor Zurg
06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
lol I'm coming in by train... I'll take the con shuttle to the hotel then back to the center.... :)

SDulaney
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Actually the walk DOWN to the convention center from the Raddison isn't bad...it's that walk BACK (uphill) at the end of the night (if you're out past the shuttles) that's a killer.

Want some fun? Get a pedi-cab to take you back and see how far he goes before he gives up. :laugh:

4-9-studios
06-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Is everyone ready? I'm totally not!