PDA

View Full Version : Official Digital Webbing @ San Diego Roll Call Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Mecha
07-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Just got the barcoded letter via email... :)

SDulaney
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
http://bimorcomics.blogspot.com/

Added some more night time entertainment options to the blog.

Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? :bounce: :bounce:

Emperor Zurg
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Only 5 days left... :)

Cat
07-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Only 5 days left... :)
SHUT UP!! :man: some of us dont; need to be reminded.. I can't take the pressure!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Comic Con take me away!!! ;)

SDulaney
07-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey Cat...up for another CD? I think I've found some even more obscure stuff than last year's.

danedawg99
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
i can't wait!!!!

chris Chua
07-14-2006, 02:44 PM
SCREEN NAME: chris chua
ARRIVING IN SAN DIEGO: wednesday evening. flying in with Khoi Pham
FLY/DRIVE/TRAIN: fly
HOTEL: um, don't remember
BOOTH NUMBER IF APPLICABLE: Ten Ton Studios booth (look for our blue and black bomb logo) I'll be there with Khoi Pham, Jason Baroody, Chris Burnham(hip flask backup) who all post here. as well as Reilly Brown(cable & deadpool) Lelan Estes, Alex Dunnigan, Doug Hills.
FOOD PREFERENCE: tasty.
PAST PROJECTS: penciller, inker, colorist on Chrono Mechanics #3, #4 from alias, Cannonbusters #1 opening, other misc and shorts

MrGranger
07-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Anyone know if they allow the bringing in of food & drinks (alcohol even?)?? I'm thinking that if we're at a table for hours we're going to be very hungry.

Mecha
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I carried snacks and bottled drinks with me last year. Not sure bout the alcohol thing lol.

SDulaney
07-14-2006, 04:45 PM
I know Mark/Mike/Steveo and Kody had a cooler in th booth last year.

Alcohol? Hmmm. Where's Jerry?

You ought to be good if you bring energy bars/chips/water in but they "officially" prohibit outside food. Of the food in the hall, I would only recommend the pretzels and the gyros in the SW corner. (The gyro stand is actually run by a local greek place...not the convention center.)

danedawg99
07-14-2006, 04:50 PM
i'll be bringin my own. i'm too poor to afford food at the con. gotta budget for thursday night! :D

Saraquael
07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I haven't gotten my confirmation letter yet.

BUT, I contacted the registration company and they said that I as well as my 2 guests are all registered in their system. I got my confirmation number even.

Woohoo!

Emperor Zurg
07-14-2006, 07:13 PM
i'll be bringin my own. i'm too poor to afford food at the con. gotta budget for thursday night! :D
Dont forget there is Ralph's Market near the con... Horton Plaza and its dozens of good food restaruants over there... I even recall there is a Trader Joes somewhere...

4-9-studios
07-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Anyone know if they allow the bringing in of food & drinks (alcohol even?)?? I'm thinking that if we're at a table for hours we're going to be very hungry.

I dont think your officially aloud to bring in any food items, the cooler thing is pushing it, but if you hide it well I dont think that should be a problem. I brought bottels of tea with me. Since I'm with almost 10 people, we pack a HUGE lunch, and set up a picinic in the parking garage. seems to work very well.

4-9-studios
07-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Anyone going to be at the Pro Lounge at the Hyatt on Sunday? like to get some last minute pictures with some DW peeps!

Mecha
07-16-2006, 01:36 AM
I'll be in SD till Monday, as is most of my room :)

Emperor Zurg
07-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Anyone going to be at the Pro Lounge at the Hyatt on Sunday? like to get some last minute pictures with some DW peeps!
I have never been in the pro lounge..... Is it worth it finding it? Do they give out free lemonade and snacks or something? :)

4-9-studios
07-16-2006, 03:27 AM
the pro lounge during the convention isnt that great.. just a nice place to sit and kick back away from the crowds. there is coffee and tea, but thats it. HOWEVER on Sunday after the con is over, the hyatt has a lounge for the pros. there they have veggie platters, sodas, and other snacks, and its much larger. nice place to go. i'll probably be going there after im done on Sunday.

Emperor Zurg
07-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Out of curiosity, what will it cost me to ride a cab from Amtrak station to the Raddison? I've never ridden a cab so how much and do I tip? And how much is that??? :confused: Thanks...

SDulaney
07-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Out of curiosity, what will it cost me to ride a cab from Amtrak station to the Raddison? I've never ridden a cab so how much and do I tip? And how much is that??? :confused: Thanks...

Honestly, I wouldn't get a cab. If you're not packing a bunch of stuff (i.e., only have a couple of bags) you can just walk out the door of the station until you hit Front Street and turn left. It'll be a few blocks, but San Diego is a pretty easy town to walk.

If you're going to have your bags and stuff for the actual show, I'd suggest finding the trolley station that is at/near the Santa Fe depot that Amtrack uses. Catch the trolley and ride to the Little Italy stop. From there it's a short walk to Front St. and the Radisson and much cheaper than getting a cab.

Emperor Zurg
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok thanks if it isn't that far I can hoof it... :) Depending on the weather of course... right now its 105 here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/hells/more/fireout.gif

SDulaney
07-17-2006, 09:06 AM
NO!

SLEEP

TIL

*Guitar riff

SAN DIEGO

And here's your moment of Zen > http://www.sundiegolive.com/

danedawg99
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
:w00t: :w00t: :cry: :laugh:

4-9-studios
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
In the past i always picked up all my staffs pro badges at one time, since all confirmations come to my address. i've done this also when i pick up my exhibitor badge, then get my crews badges. does anyone know if they are allowing people to do this again this year?

Emperor Zurg
07-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Two days to go.... :har:

Saraquael
07-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I still have to pack my stuff. lol

Incidentally, I sitll haven't received my confirmation letters. Good thing they emailed me back and told me it's not a problem to pick it up.

Emperor Zurg
07-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I still have to pack my stuff. lol

Incidentally, I sitll haven't received my confirmation letters. Good thing they emailed me back and told me it's not a problem to pick it up.
Cool, hope I get to meet you guys and gals at the DW booth :)

dougiemccoy
07-17-2006, 08:36 PM
WoooWHOOO only have to woek tomorrow until 3 and then I'm off for a week and half. and its off to the world greatest con BTW just got my book back from the printer about 2 hours ago... nothing cutting it short huh...

Now I only have to pack and the last min things that pop up. then off to the greastest con in the world can't wait...see you there...

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig DeBoard
07-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I had planned on going but alas, getting a new house has set me back. I will be at the Phoenix Cactus Con though in September for those attending that one.

Enjoy the show, everyone.....lucky bastards :man: ;)

danedawg99
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I had planned on going but alas, getting a new house has set me back. I will be at the Phoenix Cactus Con though in September for those attending that one.

hey, craig! you'd better be at PHX!! :laugh: gimme a call sometime, huh? :har: :slap:

Emperor Zurg
07-17-2006, 08:42 PM

But your a property owner now man! That's not too bad! :)

Craig DeBoard
07-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Dude I live in the desert. And I don't have an apartment anymore. Now I have to take care of landscaping myself. I live in THE DESERT! I have to BUY grass. It doesn't grow. This sucks. I wanted drink a beer with DJ in SD to congratulate him on his semi-finals place for the comic book challenge thingy. So now instead of buying alchol I have to buy grass.....

....wait a sec...that's not a bad idea ;) :p

Dane- I'll be there! I'll be signing at the Pickle Press booth as well as begging people to buy my own crap as well, plus doing sketches, and possibly be part of a panel along with some Devil's Due folks on self-publishing. My birthday is the 21st (two days before the show) so the night of the 23rd, I expect lots of booze! ;)

danedawg99
07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Dude I live in the desert. And I don't have an apartment anymore. Now I have to take care of landscaping myself. I live in THE DESERT! I have to BUY grass. It doesn't grow. This sucks. I wanted drink a beer with DJ in SD to congratulate him on his semi-finals place for the comic book challenge thingy. So now instead of buying alchol I have to buy grass.....

....wait a sec...that's not a bad idea ;) :p

Dane- I'll be there! I'll be signing at the Pickle Press booth as well as begging people to buy my own crap as well, plus doing sketches, and possibly be part of a panel along with some Devil's Due folks on self-publishing. My birthday is the 21st (two days before the show) so the night of the 23rd, I expect lots of booze! ;)
just put up cacti and rocks, man! maybe some agave, and then you can learn to make your own tequila... :carrot: why does everyone put grass in their yard out here? it ain't natural! :slap:

4-9-studios
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Just Got Back From The Con!!!!! I Just Picked Up My Exhibitor Badges!!!! Tomorrow Is Preview Night!!!! Cant Wait Cant Wait!!!! MY Artwork Made It Into The Souvenir Book Page 78 Lower Right Corner!!!!! I Cant Wait!!!! Hope to cya all there!!!

Emperor Zurg
07-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Man will it be crowded tomorrow.... Weather as humid as it is up here?

Saraquael
07-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Flight leaves tomorrow morning (only an hour long flight! woo!). Packing took all of.. 3 minutes.

I actually STILL haven't gotten my confirmaiton letter.

I'm going to print out my emails though just in case something happens. I don't want to bring my books with me.

I have no idea what anyone looks like, I'll be squinting and looking at everyones tags.

4-9-studios
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I think its going to be CRAZY CROWDED! The weather isnt all the bad, but its pretty warm.

MrGranger
07-19-2006, 10:25 AM
:confused: Did anyone get stuck in the air due to the flight delays? I bet you didn't think they'd ground planes due to heat, did you?

imajica studio
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
To each and every one of you going to SDCC. Good luck with all of your projects , sales and pitches!!!

SDulaney
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Man will it be crowded tomorrow.... Weather as humid as it is up here?

Today's high downtown will be 80. :nyah:

joshm
07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I made it fine, most likely because I left at 6:00am. I'm heading over to get my pass and hope to see some of you guys in SDCC.

Josh

4-9-studios
07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
wow!!! preview night was awsome!!!! there was sooooo many people that attended, and soooo much to see! damn i cant wait for the next 4 days! remember come by my table o 7, i would really like to get some pictures with as many people as possible!!! hope to see you there, and have a great show everyone!

Craig DeBoard
07-21-2006, 02:41 PM
:confused: Did anyone get stuck in the air due to the flight delays? I bet you didn't think they'd ground planes due to heat, did you?

Yes that can certainly happen. here in Phoenix planes have been grounded before simply because the runways were too hot (this isn't until it's like 120 outside though) and the airports are concerned about the asphalt being too soft to take off on.

Crazy but true.

Buckyrig
07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Yes that can certainly happen. here in Phoenix planes have been grounded before simply because the runways were too hot (this isn't until it's like 120 outside though) and the airports are concerned about the asphalt being too soft to take off on.

Crazy but true.

Yeah, I remember hearing that 120 is the cutoff mark. But Phoenix seems to be the only place dealing with that.

We lost an air traffic control tower in SoCal couple days ago...grounded all traffic in the area...Vegas...parts of SoCal...etc. That could have been a problem for the con.

MrGranger
07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow. Lots of the Digitalwebbing guys are getting play from Hollywood. This could end up being one of the best cons for real results. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Saraquael
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Man, I haven't run into any of you guys yet. I keep forgetting where to find everyone by the time I get to the con. I've pretty much been running around til I can't feel my legs anymore.

MrGranger
07-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Check 1430...You should be able to see the Crazy Mary sign from a distance.

MrGranger
07-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm dumping photos of Digitalwebbing guys on my blog, I'll edit when I have more time. But check out http://www.kingtractor.blogspot.com for the picture dump. You can use any of them for your own websites that you'd like.

danedawg99
07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
looks like the dinner was fun. too bad i couldn't make it.:( i saw the panel and met a few DWers, tho, so that was neat.

MrGranger
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Today I've got to hunt down whomever took my C-Stand! :man:

And you know who you are! :slap:

BTW...sorry you missed dinner. It was great. There were SO many people though that I didn't get to even talk to everyone. Plus the cool table was kind of aloof.

danedawg99
07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Today I've got to hunt down whomever took my C-Stand! :man:

And you know who you are! :slap:

BTW...sorry you missed dinner. It was great. There were SO many people though that I didn't get to even talk to everyone. Plus the cool table was kind of aloof.
yeah i was following a few people, but they kind of ran off without me... :cry:

dougiemccoy
07-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Got back late last night somewhere around 12:30, and just now getting over the whereamiwhatthehelltimeisit brain fog...

had a great time and when I get around posting a full report on my web site I post it here...

JMan
07-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Hey, had a great time meeting/chatting with all that I could - great dinner too, even if it was in the dark! Hope you all had excellent results in your endeavors. Welcome back home, all.

SDulaney
07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Still recovering (did not get back home til Midnight or so and then got up and back into the radio grind) but I think by the time it's all said and done and all comes to pass, this will be remembered as THE "Digital Webbing con" with DJ's victory in the NBC/Platinum contest being the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not going to say anything on specific projects out of respect for the creators involved and the fact I have no idea what can and cannot be said at this point (even on some stuff I'm involved with), but between deals/projects pitched, set up, and/or finalized at the show, the "Pimp It Here" board is going to be busy as we try to mobilize the DW Army.

(And it is an army. Wait until you see the pics from the DW dinner at Kansas City Barbecue.)

Thanks to everyone who came by the booth and/or attended the panels. For those of you who are just now visiting the board after getting the info at the booth or hearing about the site during the panels, welcome. And if you didn't make it out this year, start saving those pennies and nickels now.

CCI:SD 2007 >>>> July 26 - 30, Preview Night July 25th.

MrGranger
07-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Nice to see that you're back. Hope you had a voice today for work, or did you just play a taped show? I can't wait to hear (and share) all about the fallout from this year's DigitalWebbing booth. Don't forget to post it when you can. It's very exciting.

And for those who missed it...now you've got almost a year to get ready. 2007 should be even better.

r nelson
07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
It was indeed a very good con. Seems a lot of DW'ers had very good results from their meetings and whatnot. Meeting everyone and/or seeing them again was a blast.

I'm going to miss fighting Ray. I'm going to have to go to Kansas to box his ears.

I can't wait for Naenae to post the results of the "DW Zombie-Sketch-Jam" from Sunday night. That and Sean and Brent's "Melting Wonder Woman" collab :laugh:

JMan -- did your portfolio eventually turn up at the airport?!?

- Richard

the other mike
07-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who came by the booth and/or attended the panels. For those of you who are just now visiting the board after getting the info at the booth or hearing about the site during the panels, welcome. And if you didn't make it out this year, start saving those pennies and nickels now.

CCI:SD 2007 >>>> July 26 - 30, Preview Night July 25th.

hey sean, thanks for the checking out my portfolio and the feed back.

JMan
07-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Heh, yeah I got my portfolio - but I also got a $20 parking ticket for 'leaving my vehicle unattended' while I zipped in and out of baggage claim! My bubble almost burst, but I was soooo tired anyway - I just rolled with it. Kinda cool Todd was on the plane though.

Emperor Zurg
07-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I had a blast.... Was wayyy too tired for the meet... Overslept when I took a nap... :blink: looks like I nabbed a gig with a publisher which I hope leads to more work... :)

joshm
07-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, I guess I should post my experience with SDCC. Overall, it was good. I have a lot of good contacts and one major company's contact information. I'm supposed to keep them up to date on my progress, but I think I should get some work with them in a few months. I won't say who, because if it doesn't go anywhere I don't want to be a liar. I bought a $2,500 Wacom, which I've been planning to buy anyway. I met a lot of people that I'm going to keep in contact with that should be great for references and what not.

I didn't get any paying jobs at the con, but while I was there I ended up getting three paying comic book jobs, but not related to the con. That was kind of weird, but nice. I'm not doing comics full time, though, I still work for Microsoft.

I think in the future I'll get a table to sell my future book and just create a more stable presence for myself. I didn't get to talk with Marvel or DC, because I was running around too much trying to figure out where everything was. The amount of people that attended was astounding. I walked so much I think I lost 10 pounds.

The biggest disappointment was not meeting more small press guys. I wanted to spend more time there, but the disorganization in the portfolio review area was so bad that it had me waiting longer than I should have been waiting to talk with publishers. I spent two days just in that area and I didn't get to talk with as many as I would have liked.

Mostly, I think this was a learning experience and next time will go smoother for me.

Josh