PDA

View Full Version : Artist Tim Hildebrant R.I.P.

Cat
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.spiderwebart.com/images/TimHildebrandt/TIM.jpg

More pictures here (http://www.spiderwebart.com/TimHildebrandt61206.html)

Scaleyinx
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Ah man, what a major loss to the whole community of art.

I have a couple of the Brothers collectible books that I prize greatly, and I never fail to still be mezmerize by their art.

Tis a sad day indeed. :cry:

j giar
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Sad indeed. That's two in the matter of a couple weeks... Sad indeed

Mr.Musgrave
06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll be damned. That's a shame.

JamieRoberts
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
One less talent in the world.

uncle wya
06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Ah, sad to hear. I remember being a huge fan of thier work when I was younger. Too sad.

WyA

Spacious Interior
06-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow, I stared at that picture for quite a while before it sunk in. He and his brother Greg were teachers of mine at the Joe Kubert School.

A great educator who led by example and knew when to let the students try something new. As the anoying kid who always brought in stuff to be signed and re-drawn for correction, I know I got the most out of their classes. Indeed, he was in a class all his own.

On behalf of "Kubies" everywhere, My sincerest condolences to Greg, Mary, Kieth and all those who worked and lived nearest to a true legend.

Genko
06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
On behalf of "Kubies" everywhere, My sincerest condolences to Greg, Mary, Kieth and all those who worked and lived nearest to a true legend.

I know his wife Rita, though I never got to meet him. It was a small dream of mine. His wife does cranial work, and I met her through that. I feel bad though, this really is a loss of something great.

ShanE
06-13-2006, 01:09 AM
His work was a major part of my acrylic and oil painting development growing up. I worshipped thier compositions, lighting and use of photorealism in color, a part of Tim will always live within me an my artwork, I will miss him greatly. I wish the best to his family & friends.

MrGranger
06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Wow...definitely a great influence on quite a lot of us. Always sad to see the world lose another great.