PDA

View Full Version : I am sure this has been asked many times...

Jason Powell
06-16-2006, 08:56 PM
...But where is the cheapest place to do full color printing (and I do not mean a POD)? I, like a lot of you, have heard that there are printers who will do fill color short runs at the same cost as b/w but does anyone know of a company that really does this?

-SIN-
GATOR

L Jamal
06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
what print run?

Jason Powell
06-16-2006, 11:38 PM
what print run?

Not sure since I haven't even distributed it yet but I imagine between 1000 and 5000. I have never published a comic through Diamond but I have heard that even full color independents sale under 1000 issues. Of course I will sale them at cons and over the net also but, being realistic, I need to gage it towards a limited print run.

-SIN-
GATOR

L Jamal
06-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Brenner

theflash
06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
i believe these guys beat the brenner price, but i haven't used them yet. i hear good things though...

http://www.indieasylum.com/pricetable.asp

Jason Powell
06-17-2006, 02:22 PM
i believe these guys beat the brenner price, but i haven't used them yet. i hear good things though...

http://www.indieasylum.com/pricetable.asp

I can tell you that is not true just by looking at their prices. I can do a POD (which they probably are) about the same or cheaper than that.

-SIN-
GATOR

T.J. May
06-18-2006, 01:59 PM
You have to go to Asia to get color for less than North American B&W. REGENT handles a lot of indies. Their customer service has been a problem according to folks I know that used them. But it is a good starting point.

Jason Powell
06-18-2006, 05:34 PM
You have to go to Asia to get color for less than North American B&W. REGENT handles a lot of indies. Their customer service has been a problem according to folks I know that used them. But it is a good starting point.

What is REGENT? Got a link?

-SIN-
GATOR

L Jamal
06-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Once you factor in shipping from the US drop point to you most Asian printers aren't that much better than US printers.