PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Meadows format style

Amtekoth
06-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Okay, I haven't been in a comic book store in a few months. I came across Frank Cho's Liberty Meadows. It was comic book-sized, but printed sideways with 2 strips per page and a firm cover that was printed with the spine at the "top" of the cover art. There was another Image book printed that way too.

I like this style of printing for webcomics like Lab Bratz (http://labbratz.comicgenesis.com) going to print, since you can keep the strips full size.

What are people's opinions of this printing format (and does it have a name?)?

Ed

Shishio
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I personally don't like it because you have to hold it like a calendar, and not a book. And for lack of a better name, I guess you could call it "calendar format".

ithireeul
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Its more than likely referred to as landscape style. But given that the spine is at the top, the "calendar format" would make more sense in this case.

Amtekoth
06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
The interior pages are mostly (except pinups. etc) landscape and, I agree, the overall impression IS of a calendar. Hmmmm.

I must dig further...

Siafu
06-17-2006, 11:57 PM
I like it. Seeing as how the story line is drawn as daily strips and the book is always printed as such... you don't have to sit there and turn the book sideways to read it. You automatically grab the book, open it and start reading. I just think it's a good idea and it's different. That's just me tho.

D.J. Coffman
06-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I like it as it is,- but for being on comic book shelves or shelves anywhere, it's crappy because it doesnt stay open correctly and flops around.