PDA

View Full Version : Shadowflame and Ripperman to leave BloodStained Productions

Joe Martino
06-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Due to theological reasons, BloodStained Productions and I have decided to part ways. This is in no way a bad split. Marty and I just decided that Shadowflame and Ripperman donít mesh with Martyís vision for the future of his company. We will still work together in cross promotion and I do believe I have made a good friend for life.

BloodStained Productions and its sister company Revelation Productions are gearing towards a more Christian audience and my books do not fall into that category. I didnít want Marty to feel uncomfortable with the books he is putting out. Especially Ripperman, which is definitely not suitable for all audiences.

So now I push forward. I will find another publisher or publish Shadowflame myself. It is finished and from what I am told it looks fantastic. I happen to agree. I am putting together my submission packages now and hopefully I willhave some good news in the coming weeks.

Thanks!!!

Joe Martino

Mwynn
06-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Great googly moogly, so the battle rages on. I saw some older issues of Shadowflame on ebay.

Joe Martino
06-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Great googly moogly, so the battle rages on. I saw some older issues of Shadowflame on ebay.

Really?

Someone bought them? lol!

Mwynn
06-18-2006, 12:35 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=shadowflame

Mwynn
06-18-2006, 12:37 PM
What happens to the orders that were placed?

Joe Martino
06-18-2006, 12:39 PM
That is pretty cool. They probably saw the new one was coming out.

If they were paid, please email the publisher.

I don't have control of it but I will work with you to get a refund. It shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for ordering and hopefully you will again when I get a new publisher.

MrGranger
06-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Interesting. Wish all well...great books.

Mwynn
06-18-2006, 12:43 PM
The ebay listing is are the old books. Joe has a new book coming soon.

Joe Martino
06-18-2006, 12:47 PM
The ebay listing is are the old books. Joe has a new book coming soon.

Book or books. I may revisit it as a mini series to keep it accessible.

Grant Perkins
06-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey man.

What's the status of those Ripperman pages I did for you. Did you get them lettered yet?

If so, I'd love to see how they turned out.

G.

jrod
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Due to theological reasons, BloodStained Productions and I have decided to part ways. This is in no way a bad split. Marty and I just decided that Shadowflame and Ripperman donít mesh with Martyís vision for the future of his company. We will still work together in cross promotion and I do believe I have made a good friend for life.

BloodStained Productions and its sister company Revelation Productions are gearing towards a more Christian audience and my books do not fall into that category. I didnít want Marty to feel uncomfortable with the books he is putting out. Especially Ripperman, which is definitely not suitable for all audiences.

So now I push forward. I will find another publisher or publish Shadowflame myself. It is finished and from what I am told it looks fantastic. I happen to agree. I am putting together my submission packages now and hopefully I willhave some good news in the coming weeks.

Thanks!!!

Joe Martino

Before this thread gets shut down you have to explain how a company called BloodStained Productions that produced a book called Ripperman plans on moving towards Christian Audiences. I would have loved to have been there for that meeting.

L Jamal
06-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Before this thread gets shut down you have to explain how a company called BloodStained Productions that produced a book called Ripperman plans on moving towards Christian Audiences. I would have loved to have been there for that meeting.
Maybe it's a cross or shroud of Turin reference.

jrod
06-19-2006, 06:39 PM

That must be it. And Ripperman represents Jesus' soul ripping off the cross and ascending to heaven to be seated at the right hand of the Father where he will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.

And his kingdom, of course, will have no end.

Joe Martino
06-19-2006, 08:51 PM
One of my books is Ripperman. The company is BloodStained Productions. They never put out Ripperman, they were going to. The owner was going to put put my books per the contract but I dicussed it with him and we agreed that my books no longer fell into what he wanted for the company so we parted ways. He is now working on Revelation Productions. I don't see any reason to knock the guy for doing what he believes in. He is a good guy and never did me wrong.

If this thread is a problem. Shut it down. I didn't think it was.

Paul Sanderson
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Didn't the publisher know what Ripperman was like when he signed you on, Joe, months ago? Sounds like he's only just found out or something. Seems pretty strange to me...

Joe Martino
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey Frank!!!

We were straight on everything from the get go. It was a mutual split. Nothing strange about it. No harm no foul.

Mr.Musgrave
06-20-2006, 09:31 AM

Nah, then it would be "Paintstained Productions."

D.J. Coffman
06-20-2006, 10:04 AM
I saw no problem with the thread-- it seemed a little like a plug or news announcement, but thats okay, it came off like a creator walking into a creator community and airing it out.

jrod
06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I saw no problem with the thread-- it seemed a little like a plug or news announcement, but thats okay, it came off like a creator walking into a creator community and airing it out.

Sorry about that - it was the post above my first one combined with the original post that made me guess this may turn ugly. But I was wrong.

I still think it's funny that BloodStained Productions is making the move to Christian Books, though. Although I'm sure Mel Gibson would back them.

Joe Martino
06-20-2006, 12:04 PM

Thanks DJ. It didn't seem like a Pimp it here. Type thing.

Paul Sanderson
06-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey Frank!!!

We were straight on everything from the get go. It was a mutual split. Nothing strange about it. No harm no foul.

That's cool, I just wonder why he accepted the submission at the start if it's not the sort of thing he wants to publish :blink:

Anyway, all the best to you, Joe, I know you'll come out on top again.

Joe Martino
08-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Update.

http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96854

Mwynn
08-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Shadowflame rules.

Joe Martino
08-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Shadowflame rules.

Thanks Marv!!!

Mwynn
08-19-2006, 11:36 AM
You got it Joe. Any chance of special covers?

Joe Martino
08-19-2006, 11:49 AM
This is the cover, for better or worse. By Me, Jeff Austin and Ian Sokolwiski.

http://myspace-905.vo.llnwd.net/00972/50/93/972543905_l.jpg

Mwynn
08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Nice, so it drops in Feb?

Joe Martino
08-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Yup. February is the date. I guess that makes it the November Previews.

Mwynn
08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Sweet I'll be sure to get a copy in store. Then another signed by you.

Joe Martino
08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Awesome. Thanks for helping spread the word.

Paul Sanderson
08-19-2006, 07:50 PM
It's a great cover, but I still prefer the Andie Tong one...weird Arcana didn't think much of it :blink: Still, everything's looking super, Joe :carrot:

Joe Martino
08-20-2006, 10:08 AM
It's a great cover, but I still prefer the Andie Tong one...weird Arcana didn't think much of it :blink: Still, everything's looking super, Joe :carrot:

Thanks Frank. I agree. I believe we are using the Tong cover as the back cover.

Mwynn
08-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Tong cover? where??

Joe Martino
08-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Tong cover? where??

They like the Tong cover. They like mine better. ;)

This is the Andie Tong cover. It will be the back cover.

http://www.jgmcomics.com/Shadowcomic/SFTong.jpg

Paul Sanderson
08-20-2006, 10:53 PM
That's cool, I'm glad it's being used.

Grant Perkins
08-21-2006, 03:46 AM
Still Love that Tong peice!

Joe Martino
08-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks Doxx. Your piece will be in issue 2 if all works out.