PDA

View Full Version : Getting Stiffed!!!!!!!!!!

j giar
06-20-2006, 05:15 PM
I have avoided posting this in hopes that it would work itself out... But it hasn't. So I'm asking you fellow creators for advice. I had ordered numerous titles last month from fellow creators as a show of support. And I did recieve them except one. That one, for the record, I did not order directly through the creator (kick myself in the ass for that one.) It is now going on almost 30 days since I ordered it and have yet to recieve it. I have sent 3 e-mails and got a response from the first one. But the last two....nada. So the problem is..I like everyone on here..(as much as you can like any person based on words on a computer screen. :) ).. and I'm trying to keep it civil. So folks any advice?

L Jamal
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
If you ordered it from ComixPress be prepared to wait.
I'm still waiting for Atlands that I ordered on June 7th
Sometimes it takes me a while to send stuff out when I run out of shipping supplies.

j giar
06-20-2006, 05:37 PM
If you ordered it from ComixPress be prepared to wait.
I'm still waiting for Atlands that I ordered on June 7th
Sometimes it takes me a while to send stuff out when I run out of shipping supplies.
You were the first one I recieved anything from Jamal. Plus you sent me a copy of WM#1 for free. AND you notified me when you shipped it. Very professionally done sir!

L Jamal
06-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I try to keep people aware of when the books ship because I hate waiting myself.
Every now and then you even get a pleasant surprise (such as WQ#2 that wasn't supposed to ship until July shipping now :D)

MrGranger
06-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah...and many of the online stores won't ship until they've filled your whole order. Many of us will ship partial if you order directly from us. And often add extra bonus if late. You can't fault them totally since an online store is dealing with a lot more people and publishers...we're just ourselves.

Ron Phillips
06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Actually I expect the opposite. If you are an online store dealing with dozens of orders a day (hundreds if you are good) I expect you to have an expediant resolution system in place. I order something online, I expect it shipped within a week. If it's in stock, there is no reason it can't be shipped out in 24 hours.

Of course POD stores I'd give slack. They sometimes have to actually print the book before they ship and depending on backlog ... well 2 weeks shouldn't be unreasonable.

Ordering from creators as much or a little more slack. It's always cool when they ship quick, but I know a lot of them set aside particular days to ship, and if they are short on supplies or shift their schedule around for a project or a comic, I'd rather them be working on their project than having to drop things to ship to me.

theflash
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
see i think if you order it, it should ship. if they have it for order, then it should be on hand, otherwise they should inform you of the delay right up front. it's all about customer service folks. someone said not long ago that making the comic is only the first step, and people need to take that to heart. if you can't deliver your work to the end user on time, then you need to rethink your strategy.

L Jamal
06-20-2006, 08:49 PM
The PODs that have online stores know or should know what books are in the most demand. Those are the books that they should hold 5-10 in inventory for quick shipping. Ideally, they should spend a portion of each day printing books for shipping.

As a creator, I never want to let my stock run out. With the Warmageddon stories in DWP 17 and 18, I couldn't go back to print on those issues, so I reprinted them in Warmageddon Quaterly #1 and #2. Warmageddon Illustrated was over printed so I have 500+ issues sitting around and even that issue was reprinted as Warmageddon Quarterly #0. My goal is for every one to have access to Warmageddon.

This week I've already shipped out 12 or so packages and have one partial order still pending because I didn't expect to sell a print so soon. I haven't received packaging for the prints and the new prints haven't shipped yet. However, it's noted that the print isn't expected to ship until 3 July 2006 and I expect the prints and print shipping supplies to arrive before then and that will allow me to ship 25 prints before needing new supplies. When I go through 20 prints shipped I'll re-order supplies.

I've shipped so much this wekk that I have to drop by the comic book store to get more comic boxes. If you want to save money on packaging, just drop by your local shop and have them set aside boxes for you. My store always has over 300 Diamond boxes available and of course they get more (for free) every Wednesday.

j giar
06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
In the first e-mail I received I was told that the book would be shipping out that week that was June 5th. I know where he's located and it's close to me. I don't want to say where because I'm not out to humiliate anyone..I just want my frickin book!!. I sent off another e-mail today after I posted this earlier. If I don't receive either a response or a book soon. I'm going to write it off as a bad experience, cancel anything I have with him and make sure that I never let this happen when I get my book done. I'll just reorder it through the creator. Who I have to say showed alot of class in partially defending the delay from this supplier and offered to ship me the next issue with free shipping. I admire that..but I'm not looking for a hand out. And I know it cost him..so..eh!

L Jamal
06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Did I mention that Warmageddon Quarterly #2 is ready to ship :D

j giar
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Did I mention that Warmageddon Quarterly #2 is ready to ship :D
YES!!! :laugh:

Nick Pitarra
06-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Is this being stiffed or shipping problems? i posted this before. I had some work in a comic by comicexpress. I ordered it.Waited.Waited.Waited. Wrote an email. Waited and waited. Forgot about it. And then 6 months later. I had a package come that was a complete surprise to me. (that was kinda cool), kinda like a birthday gift from someone you barely know feeling.
Some one told me they fixed the problem...this happened like a year ago.

If its out of the creators hands you cant say you're being stiffed. Stiffed is too personal ...i'd use screwed. I think its professional of you not to drop any names either (i didn't read the whole post...so i'm not sure if you did). But if you didn't you're a good man.

~nick

DannoE
06-21-2006, 07:43 AM
I have avoided posting this in hopes that it would work itself out... But it hasn't. So I'm asking you fellow creators for advice. I had ordered numerous titles last month from fellow creators as a show of support. And I did recieve them except one. That one, for the record, I did not order directly through the creator (kick myself in the ass for that one.) It is now going on almost 30 days since I ordered it and have yet to recieve it. I have sent 3 e-mails and got a response from the first one. But the last two....nada. So the problem is..I like everyone on here..(as much as you can like any person based on words on a computer screen. :) ).. and I'm trying to keep it civil. So folks any advice?
Does the creator know you got stiffed? Maybe a note to him/her will fix the problem.

L Jamal
06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
YES!!! :laugh:
Just making sure. I'd hate people to miss out on Warmageddon because they didn't know #2 was reasy to ship to the masses at only $4 until 7 July :D

Ron Phillips
06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Reasy? Is that like really easy?

Jamal: Pimp-O-Matic

j giar
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM

RES!

L Jamal
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Nope, that's ready which gives me another reason to post about Warmageddon #2 being ready to ship from www.bullcitycomics.com :D

j giar
06-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Nope, that's ready which gives me another reason to post about Warmageddon #2 being ready to ship from www.bullcitycomics.com :D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're unbelievable!!!