PDA

View Full Version : Nazis

Wayne Drake
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
As far as comics are concerned, are nazis played out? Does it matter if it still cool or not to use them? Or by using them these days are you begging for everyone to roll their eyes?
Guess it depends on how you write it, right?

Mr.Musgrave
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Beating up Nazis is always okay with me. I do prefer the science-fictiony nazis of Hellboy and such though. Nazis with rocketpacks are good too.

Lovecraft13
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Actually, Nazis can no longer considered public domain because Geroge Lucas just bought the rights from Germany. So now, they can only be referred as Nazis(tm).

katana
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Actually, Nazis can no longer considered public domain because Geroge Lucas just bought the rights from Germany. So now, they can only be referred as Nazis(tm).

To funny, but yea you can use Nazi's in anyway possible. Always good to use them as cannon fodder.

jrod
07-03-2006, 03:50 PM

Jesus Christ. I just did a Google news search on "nazis" and "george lucas". I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I didn't realize it was a joke or that Lucas trying to trademark "nazis" doesn't come as a huge shock to me.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Interesting enough, you can forget about getting your book published in Germany if it has nazis in it or even a swastica, youŽll have to edit it.

Morganza
07-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey man, just write the stories you want to write, who gives a fig what other people think. It's the internet, they'll hate it anyway, may as well do it your way;)

Anathema
07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey man, just write the stories you want to write, who gives a fig what other people think. It's the internet, they'll hate it anyway, may as well do it your way;)

Best. Advice. Ever!

Lovecraft13
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Jesus Christ. I just did a Google news search on "nazis" and "george lucas". I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I didn't realize it was a joke or that Lucas trying to trademark "nazis" doesn't come as a huge shock to me.

Actually, years ago, I think the "Nazis(tm)" gag was used in a Monkey Island pc game by Lucasarts.

Wayne Drake
07-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Thanks man, sometimes you need to hear something like that when you lose sight of what you wanna do creatively :laugh: