PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need last minute San Diego hotel room

loki5
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
As luck would have it, I was picked as a semi-finalist in the ComicBookChallenge contest, which means I am going to pitch my book in person to Marc Silvestri, Gale Anne Hurd, and a couple of other judges next Thursday in San Diego. Thatís the awesome part.

The sucky part is they didnít inform any of us until a couple of nights ago. Needless to say, every hotel within a 20 mile radius of the con is already sold out.

Which brings me to my request for help: do you know of anyone attending the con who would be willing to split a room with me? At this point, Iíd be ok with sleeping on the floor. If you have any leads, Iíd appreciate the heads up. PM or e-mail me: ferret@ferretpress.com

Thanks guys!

D.J. Coffman
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
YO-- check out this thread man-- http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=76649

I'll post there too linking back to you

Genius J
07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
DJ is a good man, as always.

Yeah, that's me in that thread. I have an extra room at the Sheraton about 4 miles away from the convention center. It's $179 a night, and it's reserved from Tuesday night through Sunday night.

Someone may have spoken for it already, but I'll know for sure by the end of the day. You interested?

loki5
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
DJ, thanks for looking out for me, man!

J., unfortunately $180 a night is too much for my budget (given the exorbitant cost of last minute plane tickets). It looks like one of my friends has come through for me, so I think I'm set now. I do appreciate the offer, though, and I hope you find someone who needs the room.

Here's wishing everyone a great con.

MrGranger
07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
J., unfortunately $180 a night is too much for my budget

Ouch! That is high for someplace that isn't within walking distance. Try the San Diego Travelodge. I just spoke with them and I think they've got some space. It's about 1/2 that and according to the map, 3 miles or so away.
(619) 297-2271