PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from SUMM to DW

T.J. May
07-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop a thank you to all the guys at the DW booth in SDCC. Particularly Sean Dulaney for setting it up and letting us buy into the action. And Shawn Granger who was nice enough to let us ship our crap to him and then hauled from LA to SDCC for us. Instant new best friend forever ;), you maggot sperm, you.

We had a great show as far as networking went. Having the booth added a bit of legitimacy to our little operation. Highlights for me were meeting with reps from Bruckheimer and Buckaroo Productions (Raimi's reps). Robert Rodriguez passed by and grabbed a copy of Catching Lucifer's Lunch, and I also talked with Dave McKean for about 30 minutes. He flipped through the book and asked to keep a copy. Many, many other very cool contacts and potential work in the future.

Thanks again. See you all at NYC-CON in Feb. We'll be there sharing a booth with King Tractor Films.

See ya!
T

MrGranger
07-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I second that. A big thanks to Sean for organizing everything! The Digitalwebbing booth was tight but so was the instant friendships. Great group of people...those Digitalwebbing types. I'm sorry I had to cancel my booth babes, but our booth was a bit too small. I promise to bring them to NY.

I hope to hear about any developments from you guys. I know that I was still pitching Digitalwebbing projects at 4pm to some producers and have meetings next week & a few phone calls. I'm attached as producer now to one film project and another that I wrote is in the works. So it was a VERY good convention for me. Plus Diamond is going to get our books into the September Previews.

I learned SO much from everyone in the booth about what not to do and hope to incorporate much of your fantastic advice into the next cons. I was immediately humbled by all the amazing talent in and around the Digitalwebbing booth. Truly an event that I'll remember for a LONG time.

The only negative was that Jason May (SUMM) was flirting with my daughter a bit too much. Now I can't get her to stop talking about him.

T.J. May
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
The only negative was that Jason May (SUMM) was flirting with my daughter a bit too much. Now I can't get her to stop talking about him.

Good thing she only met Jason. Had she met the entire Brothers May team who knows what hell you'd be in :carrot:

j giar
07-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey T.J! I been meaning to say I enjoyed Catching Lucifers Lunch!
Glad things went well in SDCC! Best of Luck!

T.J. May
07-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey T.J! I been meaning to say I enjoyed Catching Lucifers Lunch!
Glad things went well in SDCC! Best of Luck!

Glad you liked it. In fact Diamond and I are working on re-releasing the book around the NYC-CON. We all felt we released the book at the wrong time, being it was at the start of the DC/MARVEL event season. It never had a chance since it's not of a "hot" genre.

We'll do something special with it too. So, keep an eye out.

See ya
T

Larime Taylor
07-26-2006, 12:48 AM
I had a lot of fun meeting the Brothers May and Mr Granger on Saturday. I really liked their books and appreciate their support of my own project.

Look forward to staying in touch!

MrGranger
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Was cool meeting you and again...that was some pretty amazing work you had there.

jimmycakes
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I had a lot of fun meeting the Brothers May and Mr Granger on Saturday. I really liked their books and appreciate their support of my own project.

Look forward to staying in touch!

That book of your's is lookin' damn good Larime. Keep pushing it. You should have no problem!

I'm beat.... It was awesome meeting all the DW folks. That 50 person BBQ was a good time. Hmmm... we didn't really barbeque people. 50 people showed up for meat.

T.J. covered just about everything. I snagged some Zombie Highway action which I havent been able to get my hands on. Still need #2. Cody Chamberlain was fantastic. What a nice fellow. Got to talk to Chris Kirby a bit. Forgive the spelling if I'm messing up here. Can't wait for SD next year. I'll be much more prepared, artwise, and more mentally sound. At least when the show starts.

Dexxell
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I going to HAVE to come to SD next year so I can hang with you guys. Sounds like I really missed out.

T.J. May
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
I going to HAVE to come to SD next year so I can hang with you guys. Sounds like I really missed out.

Yeah man. If you haven't already done so, you'd option ZH in a heartbeat next year.

MrGranger
07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Maybe you are in NY? I've got friends of friends...maybe we can talk?