PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious...

4-9-studios
07-28-2006, 02:38 PM
...I was wondering what everyones opinion is on having a WebSite to promote yourself? Is it worth purchasing now a days? With services like MySpace where you can almost do everything, and everyone is at, and free services that other internet companies like yahoo offer, does anyone really need to have there own website?

At this moment I do have my own, but have considered canceling it because of all the free stuff thats out there that works just as well. Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. :sure:

imajica studio
07-28-2006, 02:48 PM
A website is VERY important in this day and age. A mySpace might get you free publicity BUT it is not the same. If you need to go cheap get a Blogger account!

Scott Story
07-28-2006, 03:29 PM
i keep a website, and keep it SEO. I think the point is to have a strong web presence, and make it easy for customers and would-be customers to find you and contact you. I get 80% of my work through my website, and have for years.

ChuckBordell
07-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I think a website is very important. I have a personal site and a Myspace page, and they accomplish different purposes. When an editor (or anyone, really) asks to see samples, I send them to my personal page, where I have lots of samples of continuity, inking, illustration etc. You can't put all tha tmany samples up at Myspace. But you can, at Myspace, meet and chat with hundreds of other writers/artists that also have pages, many of whom are established professionals. From there it's just a matter of networking, making friends with like minded people, etc.

Chuck Bordell
www.highanxietystudios.com

innocentboy
07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
whether you got a myspace or not,
add another vote for your own legit www.com webbed sights