PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Questions...

mongoose
07-30-2006, 02:25 PM
How do I load new fonts into Photoshop.

One more...how can I take a black and white comic book page and make it really light (or grey) so it appears in the background. I then need to put promotional text over that.

Thanks.

Lynn Lefey
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
If you're using a PC, just put your fonts into your FONTS directory under the Windows Directory. You may then need to restart your computer to get photoshop to recognize them. I've also had a few times when this didn't work, until I first used the font in Word, then restarted and they would then show up in Photoshop.

As for lightening art, Just go to Image->Adjustments-> Brightness/Contrast, and adjust the layer that the comic art is in, until it's the right level you want.

mongoose
07-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Awesome...I got one more. How do I fill an area, such as hair with all black or whatever. I thought there was a quick way other than paint brush.

BKMDog
07-30-2006, 02:58 PM
To fill an area, select ( click ) it with the magic wand. You'll see the 'marching ants' after you do this. Then, you can:

A) Fill the now selected area with the Paint Bucket tool.

B) Hold down the 'Alt' key ( on a PC ) and then hit 'Backspace', or

C) Select from the tool bar under the 'Edit' option, the 'Fill' command, and then click 'OK' when the dialog box appears ( make sure your options in that box are set to 100% and Foreground Color, BTW )

For all these methods, make sure your Foreground swatch ( at the bottom of the tool bar ) is set to the color you want. Hope this helps.

mongoose
07-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Very much so...

mongoose
07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay...I got all that. The advice was perfect. Okay...now how about this one.

I have a comic book page faded very lightly now. I want to put a PDF file over that. It will be faux job application (PDF format), with the light background I already created.

How do I import the PDF into my current file (with the existing background).

Jason Arthur
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Not trying to be mean, but did you read any of your user manuals or try the HELP feature in any of your programs? A lot of these answers can be found that way.

Having said that...

You'll want to open the .pdf file in Photoshop and add a layer to it. Move the new layer to the bottom. Open the faded artwork file. Use your ARROW tool to grab the faded artwork and drag it into the new layer of the pdf file. Now select the text layer of the pdf file and on your LAYERS PALETTE set the layer to MULTIPLY (see where it says NORMAL? Click the drop down window until you see MULTIPLY). This allows the background to show through.

Another option (if that doesn't do the trick) is to open the pdf file and use the Magic Wand tool to select the white of the background (then use Select>similar to select all the white on the page) then delete it out...allowing anything underneath (other layers) to show through. From there simly open the faded background and drag it into a new layer again. And again send it to the back.

best of luck,

-- J