PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial Wizard World Chicago Activities Thread

daweir
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Since it's this weekend, I motion we should discuss possible DW group activities for after hours. Since the con closes at 6 of Friday and Saturday and 5 on Sunday, those of us who are not already committed to things should consider doing something.

You know, networking. Hanging out. Having fun after a hard day's work of pimping and shameless self promotions.

I nominate Knuckles to take charge of this! :laugh:

Or, you know, someone who knows Chicago better than I do.

xtylerx
07-31-2006, 09:46 PM
I second this motion, as I am pretty much a loser and normally spend the evenings after the convention in my hotel room watching tv and boring my girlfriend.

daweir
07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
in my hotel room watching tv and boring my girlfriend.

I think a banana would help.

:banana:

EDIT: I'm leaving the original text, but man.... i wish I had thought my words through a little better.

xtylerx
07-31-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah. I-yeah. I'm glad you committed to the bit, though.

albone
07-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Shift meeting at Knuckles then. Count me in.

Dexxell
08-01-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll probably run into some of you in Knuckles. A few of my friends are planning on playing flip-cup in the lobby until we're shut down. So if you see us, you're welcome to join in.

SDulaney
08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Always up for a DW gathering.

Not making it in until Friday night, but I'll bring the kiddie pool to serve as a cooler for Saturday if need be. (The package store is just up the street in the mini-mall/shopping center...I love Knuckles, but it's not cheap and they do shut you down eventually.)

If we're talking dinner, it'll be a crapshoot. Giordano's is great but there's going to be a wait and their delivery time is hit and miss. (And the waitresses at Knuckles get pissy when you bring your pizzas into the bar. :har: ) The greek place we went a couple of years back is now just a bar. If you don't care about your arteries or colesterol(sp) level, may I suggest Auggie's Doggies?

daweir
08-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Auggies Doggies sounds good to me. Now..... when are we doing this?

THere's a concert on Friday night that I will probably be at, which starts at 10pm, but other than that I haven't made plans yet.

Phatman
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Chicago, but I'm up for hanging out with anybody from Digital Webbing. Give a time and location and I'll show up.

4-9-studios
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
PLEASE POST ALOT OF PICTURES FOR THOSE WHO CANT GO!!! :w00t:

joshuagarity
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I'll be in Artist's Alley throughout the show, table 3166, promoting my new book Pogrom!

You guys should stop and say hi :cool:

I'm sure there will be a lot of great after parties to attend on Friday and Saturday!

xtylerx
08-02-2006, 01:16 AM
THere's a concert on Friday night that I will probably be at, which starts at 10pm, but other than that I haven't made plans yet.

Anything awesome?

MARK A ROBINSON
08-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Since it's this weekend, I motion we should discuss possible DW group activities for after hours. Since the con closes at 6 of Friday and Saturday and 5 on Sunday, those of us who are not already committed to things should consider doing something.

You know, networking. Hanging out. Having fun after a hard day's work of pimping and shameless self promotions.

I nominate Knuckles to take charge of this! :laugh:

Or, you know, someone who knows Chicago better than I do.

everyone is going to be at Knuckles...

i'm talking everyone- it's to a point where you cannot move.

It's a good meeting point- but since i live here now- I will no doubt take the party out into the city-Actually - CORRECTION

I will be taking the party to the city.You could too- it's easy- From ROSEMONT take the blue line towards the city (that's away from Ohare airport) get off @ the Damen stop or if you're feeling adventurous- Division.it's about a 20 min. train ride into the fold.

be prepared- the CTA is dangerous- the train will feel like it's going to leave the tracks-

I recommend FLASH TACO @ Damen- the tacos ever @ 3am.

5 points aka Wicker park is a mecha of everything you'd want-clubs,bars,shitholes,trend spots,live bands.then there's always Wrigleyville if there's a Cubs game-roscoe pee co train village...who knows.I got friends coming in from outta town so we will be doing it up-

Wrigleyville is RIDICULAZ if you are looking for that. Think-girls gone wild. (no joke)

on Saturdays- there are places that don't close until 4 -5 am...

it's almost taboo.and since it's Lolapollza weekend- i'm sure you can extend that mayhem for another couple of hours-

I will be in artist alley promoting Bloodrayne-Cockfight- and do sketches-and to find moments of soberity.

i think i'm 3239 or something like that.

feel free to stop by- I can give you tons of recommendations of places -

OH the places you will go--

ahahah.

M.

daweir
08-02-2006, 02:00 AM
I am loathe to use the word "awesome" in reference to this, but it's a concert that is going on. Apparently the person I'm staying with really likes them and wants to go, so I figure I should go. Granted, I told her that if anything con-related comes up I'll go to that instead, but at present this is my plan:

Posted By:
Dead Americans

Hosted By::
Dead Americans

When:
Friday Aug 04, 2006
at 10:00 PM

Where::
Tonik
7247 W. Forest Rd
Forest Park, IL 60130
US
View Map

DEAD AMERICANS, NATURE DEVIL and ATOMIC THUNDER LIZARD.