Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   DW Group Project (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   group project SIGN UP (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179627)

cbear 12-12-2017 08:30 PM

https://cbear55.deviantart.com/art/H...-001-719794830

12013 12-12-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbear (Post 1871728)

https://img00.deviantart.net/5d75/i/...55-dbwjp8u.jpg

theres that image. NICE work Cbear

12013 12-12-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertS (Post 1871727)
Time is my biggest enemy, but if I get some free time I will try to get some Hellboy vs Alien pages done. I really enjoyed working on the X-men project.

EXCELLENT! your work was awesome back on the old book. so very glad to have you on board again.
we have a rough completion date of the end of February, so...I hope that's enough time.

12013 12-12-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchris50 (Post 1871717)
Rob, I still need to get with you regarding initial plotting and framing devices, brotha, because you are a man I want to work with! :w00t::laugh:

hey jeff.
I basically have my opening scene figured out...layed out mostly the way I want. I would like some dialogue help for sure.. that's where I struggle the most...

12013 12-12-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianjjohnston (Post 1871695)
Anyone think they can write a decent portrayal of the Goon? I can pencil / ink it from there with a little writing help. Looking to do about 5 pages to contribute. PM / Reply if you are ready to team-up!

Thank you!

JEFFCHRIS50. is this something you could help with?

jeffchris50 12-12-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1871733)
JEFFCHRIS50. is this something you could help with?

I am certainly willing to do a bit of research on The Goon and will contribute in any way I can to help out. I'll drop Ian a PM...

jeffchris50 12-12-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1871731)
hey jeff.
I basically have my opening scene figured out...layed out mostly the way I want. I would like some dialogue help for sure.. that's where I struggle the most...

If you want to drop me an e-mail with your page layouts, I'll certainly be happy to help you out with some dialogue. I love putting words in people's mouths---or even making them come OUT of people's mouths. :D

SSTiger 12-13-2017 04:51 AM

Some smooth work cbear!

As Rob mentioned earlier though we're not doing the long story, we need a short version, so I was thinking more along the lines of Hellboy & Hulk, (not versus) where they team up; say around eight pages long.

Check your PM Inbox and you should see a first draft I worked up so we can start bouncing ideas back and forth.

Bishop 12-13-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertS (Post 1871727)
Time is my biggest enemy, but if I get some free time I will try to get some Hellboy vs Alien pages done. I really enjoyed working on the X-men project.

I already claimed Alien for my pages...

RobertS 12-13-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 1871744)
I already claimed Alien for my pages...

Sorry, must have missed it, i will think of something else.

Scribbly 12-23-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribbly (Post 1871647)
For the official sign up thread I'm in Hellboy vs. The Lord of Darkness, Freddy Krueger and Chucky.

Here. I just finished the pencils stage for this project few hours ago. Six pages. I will be back to these pages for inking after the Holidays.
I hope I would find the time to get this stuff done before my vacation's time is over. I know that would be my final deadline.
Thanks for the idea and the opportunity. Happy New Year!

http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...d.php?t=179709

DavidNH 12-23-2017 10:05 AM

any writer want to work with me? I want to draw some Hellboy/frankenstein monster but anything will do. :D

SSTiger 12-23-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidnh (Post 1871976)
any writer want to work with me?

<Raises Hand> ME!

Bishop 12-23-2017 02:48 PM

The more I think about it the more this project reminds me of Video Jack where the characters keep jumping from one reality at the whim of whomever controls the remote. This project is going to be so much fun to read.

Finished my first page. HB arrives at LV-426

https://orig00.deviantart.net/b002/f...02-dbxlijy.jpg

12013 12-23-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 1871989)
The more I think about it the more this project reminds me of Video Jack where the characters keep jumping from one reality at the whim of whomever controls the remote. This project is going to be so much fun to read.

Finished my first page. HB arrives at LV-426

https://orig00.deviantart.net/b002/f...02-dbxlijy.jpg

holy crap I'm excited to see this. I have 5 pages done.. its so awesome to see others start having pages finished.

badass Bishop. badass everyone.

rob

sevans 12-23-2017 03:42 PM

FUCK.... I haven't even started.

Pages look cool, but Hellboy will need some gray tones if the background is staying like that. So he 'fits' the scene

Bishop 12-23-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans (Post 1871994)
FUCK.... I haven't even started.

Pages look cool, but Hellboy will need some gray tones if the background is staying like that. So he 'fits' the scene

Yeah, it all depends on how much time I have. This is being done for fun in between other things, so don't expect all the polish I might do otherwise.

12013 12-23-2017 04:20 PM

so now that everyone is showing their works in progress... I have to show some of mine. sorry its just a crappy cell phone picture.

this is page 1 of the whole thing. like I have said, I am setting it up to GET hellboy off on his portal jumping adventure.
this is the opening scene. hes about to encounter someone that makes his life kind of interesting.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/e27e/th...01-dbxlsge.jpg

Bishop 12-23-2017 04:48 PM

That’s awesome

Bishop 12-24-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans (Post 1871994)
FUCK.... I haven't even started.

Pages look cool, but Hellboy will need some gray tones if the background is staying like that. So he 'fits' the scene

Added some tone... and a cigarette...

https://pre00.deviantart.net/8cb1/th...op-dbxlijy.jpg

sevans 12-25-2017 12:49 AM

that looks way better.

12013 12-26-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 1872015)
Added some tone... and a cigarette...

https://pre00.deviantart.net/8cb1/th...op-dbxlijy.jpg

yeah I like that. I agree that ..time permitting..it looks best all toned. and if not all toned..all black and white.

anyway..very very cool

Bishop 12-26-2017 04:54 PM

Yeah. I'm taking the toned approach. I had forgotten how easy it is to do using the zip-a-tone stuff in Manga Studio. Four pages down for me. About 5 or 6 to go.

12013 12-26-2017 05:47 PM

ALSO, everyone..PLEASE put your name on the top of your pages or SOMEwhere on them, so we can see/know WHO is doing them. as I keep putting up the pages from the original project and several that I don't know who did them, it will help us all. thanks guys!!!

rob

sevans 12-26-2017 06:05 PM

10 pages..... nice.

I have 4 or 5 thumbnailed out. Hellboy vs Wolfman, very simple encounter.

SSTiger 12-27-2017 11:22 AM

I'm discussing another story with DavidNH, and it's pretty cool... if we manage to get it right, it'll blow your minds. Not kidding.

I wanted to ask - the way I'm scripting both my shorts, Hellboy's cracking a few (subtle) meta-references about the portal and the dimensions he's being pulled through. He's also expecting the portal to show up and is ready for it. I figure we could put the two stories towards the end, which would explain why he's getting used to the situation a bit. Does that work?

And a suggestion about the name thing: Since every person/team is working on their own story, why not do a proper credits panel for each short, like they do in published anthologies? I named both my stories, too ("HELLBOY & HULK: MONSTERS", and "THE DEMON'S WHISPER"). I picked one splash panel in each and put the title and credits in. That way it's easy to keep track of who did what.

Maybe we could even do a proper Contents Page in the Beginning. Nothing fancy - just the title of each short and the name of the person/team that did it.

Hey, if we're doing this, why not go all out.

Bishop 12-27-2017 05:08 PM

I think it's more cohesive to have one title for the entire "book". The portal isn't pulling HB into another story, but another section/chapter of the ongoing portal-hopping story.

I think a credits box makes sense (especially where more than one person is working on it), but Rob really needs the submitters name on each page somewhere.

12013 12-27-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTiger (Post 1872086)
I'm discussing another story with DavidNH, and it's pretty cool... if we manage to get it right, it'll blow your minds. Not kidding.

I wanted to ask - the way I'm scripting both my shorts, Hellboy's cracking a few (subtle) meta-references about the portal and the dimensions he's being pulled through. He's also expecting the portal to show up and is ready for it. I figure we could put the two stories towards the end, which would explain why he's getting used to the situation a bit. Does that work?

And a suggestion about the name thing: Since every person/team is working on their own story, why not do a proper credits panel for each short, like they do in published anthologies? I named both my stories, too ("HELLBOY & HULK: MONSTERS", and "THE DEMON'S WHISPER"). I picked one splash panel in each and put the title and credits in. That way it's easy to keep track of who did what.

Maybe we could even do a proper Contents Page in the Beginning. Nothing fancy - just the title of each short and the name of the person/team that did it.

Hey, if we're doing this, why not go all out.

I think its fine if everyone wants to put their own “title” on their story. It makes sense. But i also want the title for the whole book on the cover.


We can space out placement of the twins stories no problem. The portal hellboy is in is something he was forced into and cant control, but i did throw in a small element that he does that disrupts the randomness of the portal which leads indirectly to it sending him different places. So conceivably it could be less chaotic the more jumps he makes.

And I love the idea of a proper inside cover credits page. If someone knows how to make one that looks good. Cause i sure dont.

12013 12-27-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 1872090)
I think it's more cohesive to have one title for the entire "book". The portal isn't pulling HB into another story, but another section/chapter of the ongoing portal-hopping story.

I think a credits box makes sense (especially where more than one person is working on it), but Rob really needs the submitters name on each page somewhere.

Yes...everyones names on the pages. This is a big deal and will ne needed.

SSTiger 12-27-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

The portal isn't pulling HB into another story.
I know. Not what I meant.
Quote:

I think its fine if everyone wants to put their own “title” on their story. It makes sense. But i also want the title for the whole book on the cover.
^ That's what I meant. An overall title for the whole book, but since every interaction is with different characters (in different worlds) and thus more or less its own mini-story, a smaller title each wouldn't be unwarranted.

12013 12-28-2017 01:29 AM

So tonight i drew the page where Hb gets tossed into the portal. This is what i have so far...

https://pre00.deviantart.net/1b42/th...01-dby2h0o.jpg

Bishop 12-28-2017 09:22 AM

Looks great!

Saul Haber 12-29-2017 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianjjohnston (Post 1871695)
Anyone think they can write a decent portrayal of the Goon? I can pencil / ink it from there with a little writing help. Looking to do about 5 pages to contribute. PM / Reply if you are ready to team-up!

Thank you!

Hellboy and the Goon! What a great combo and I love them both!

12013 12-29-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Haber (Post 1872129)
Hellboy and the Goon! What a great combo and I love them both!

SAUL my man. tried to PM you but your stuff was full the other day. hit me back up. did you want to take part sir? your answer better be yes.

rob

SSTiger 01-04-2018 02:15 AM

Okay, so as of now the HELLBOY/HULK story isn't happening because the artist for the short is otherwise busy and won't be able to finish it.

It's probably a long shot to ask this, but still: are there any artists here who'd like to tackle an eight-page script featuring Red and Jade-Jaws?

If you want to see the script before making a decision, let me know and I can PM it to you.

12013 01-04-2018 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTiger (Post 1872256)
Okay, so as of now the HELLBOY/HULK story isn't happening because the artist for the short is otherwise busy and won't be able to finish it.

It's probably a long shot to ask this, but still: are there any artists here who'd like to tackle an eight-page script featuring Red and Jade-Jaws?

If you want to see the script before making a decision, let me know and I can PM it to you.

The sorta deadline(which is totally flexible)...was still 2 months out. The artist is still unavailable for that amount of time?

SSTiger 01-04-2018 08:14 AM

What he concretely said was that he wouldn't be able to do the story. I didn't want to push, because if he's not comfortable committing, I don't want to convince him otherwise only to run into problems later on, which would be even worse.

I actually appreciate getting a heads-up this early, since this way if anyone else wants to take a crack at it they have a decent window to work in.

12013 01-04-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTiger (Post 1872258)
What he concretely said was that he wouldn't be able to do the story. I didn't want to push, because if he's not comfortable committing, I don't want to convince him otherwise only to run into problems later on, which would be even worse.

I actually appreciate getting a heads-up this early, since this way if anyone else wants to take a crack at it they have a decent window to work in.

well that's a bummer. I hope someone else is out there that would want to help.

rob

Scribbly 01-04-2018 05:27 PM

Showing the script in the writer's showcase may incite & entice some artist to help with the artwork's chores. IMHO.

SSTiger 01-04-2018 10:44 PM

That's actually a good idea....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1997-2015 Digital Webbing, LLC