Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creator Community (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Suggestion Time! (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180895)

eDuke 12-12-2018 06:56 PM

Suggestion Time!

Give it to me...what would you like to see here implemented on the site?

Steven Forbes 12-12-2018 07:13 PM

And the flood gates have been opened...

12013 12-12-2018 11:22 PM

Im not sure what to suggest. What could be done thats not already available? What options are there?

sevans 12-13-2018 06:59 AM

Sometimes I lack motivation or a subject to actually draw.

How about a monthly drawing challenge?

eDuke 12-13-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans (Post 1878186)
Sometimes I lack motivation or a subject to actually draw.

How about a monthly drawing challenge?

Oooo. I like that!

Bishop 12-13-2018 05:21 PM

I love the drawing challenge idea. Those were fun when we did those in the past.

It would be cool if Q&A's could be scheduled with some industry pro's. Kind of an AMA type thing.

eDuke 12-13-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 1878189)
It would be cool if Q&A's could be scheduled with some industry pro's. Kind of an AMA type thing.

Been thinking about doing this for Digital Webbing Live, the YouTube channel.

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 12:01 PM

Active mods that post weekly challenges. Polls. Drawing and writing prompt. A "hookup" area.
Hookup area example: Hey you wanna draw/write/letter something for fun to post to the boards? Sure, Sounds fun.

Bring back the chat area or like we briefly discussed use that Slack account so anyone can drop in and out and chat.

A true pimping area

Make Rob and Bishop a mod of the art area. Let me mod the writing area...

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Forbes (Post 1878177)
And the flood gates have been opened...

It amuses me that Forbes appears every chance Ed posts. Not sure why... but it does.

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 12:13 PM

A monthly fight club.
Every month, two people fight, not real fighting (I would pay to see that.) But, a challenge where poster x challenges poster y to a fight over something. I can draw the best Spider-man punching Batman or I can write this dialogue about how to eat a ham sandwich better than you.

Mod drops a poll. Everyone votes. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.
just like in Fight Club everyone fights. You don't fight. Your vote doesn't count.

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 12:36 PM

Bring back Digital Webbing Presents. Reboot the damn thing from the ground up. Make it 100% digital.

A bi-monthly newsletter. What's Ed Dukshire lettering? Was there something being crowdfunded you thought looked cool. Spotlight an artist from the board.

eDuke 12-14-2018 12:56 PM

Anymore, Paul? LOL

eDuke 12-14-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul brian deberry (Post 1878209)
Bring back Digital Webbing Presents. Reboot the damn thing from the ground up. Make it 100% digital.

Was there something being crowdfunded you thought looked cool. Spotlight an artist from the board.

- DWP: I really want to bring this back. Was putting out feelers a few months ago but once I researched the state of the industry and it also brought up old memories of creators trashing on me if they were rejected... made me rethink it. I'll eventually figure out how to proceed with it.

- Crowdfunding: I'm a big believer in this. Lots of projects wouldn't see the light of day without it. When I first dove into it, I had dreams it was a community of creators all pitching in and supporting each other... but that didn't really happen. Currently the most successful ones are created by well-established pros or people that have a huge social media reach. The Digital Webbing YouTube channel (once it gets rolling, it's already launched) will focus on promoting cool projects tho.

- Spotlighting Creators: This goes all the way back to when I first launched this site and it's definitely something I want to implement back in. I started experimenting with it utilizing the front page and created tiles pointing to forum posts. I saw some of the view counts bump up, but it ended up being a lot of work and little draw. There used to be a monthly spotlight which I may bring back where I pick one creator and create a showcase page for them. It'd be cool to make it like an ArtStation page.

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDuke (Post 1878212)
Anymore, Paul? LOL

Oh, I have.

paul brian deberry 12-14-2018 01:27 PM

A workshop. Similar to what Rob did with the Hellboy stuff. None of that Kickstarter crap or public domain stuff.

Poll together a hero and a theme.
Bring together a team.
Write. Draw. Letter. Have fun.